Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2003, 06:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 198/ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Any input on Zantrex 3?

I keep seeing these commercials blink on my tv screen.

Its supposedly ephedra free, no ma huang or anything like that. And sold for a whopping $50 a bottle for 84 pills which would last about a week.
I have a horrible time losing weight no matter how hard I diet and exercise (thinking of getting thyroid checked). I did try the Xenadrine last year when it still had ephedra in it and lost 26 lbs. I'm open to any suggestions.

Momma always said.. if it looks too good to be true.. it probably is.

I still had to ask if anyone tried it and the results. Thanks!
Old 07-28-2003, 07:08 PM   #2  
Uber-Moderator!!

Yes it is too good to be true.

I just went to their website and here are the ingredients in the "new improved" ephedra free version:

Niacin
Yerba Mate
Caffeine
Guarana
Damiana
Schizonepeta
Green Tea
Piper Nigum
Tibetan Ginseng
Panax Ginseng
Maca Root
Cocoa Nut (I'm pretty sure that should be "coca nut")
Kola Nut
Thea Sinensis Complex (???)

Most of this stuff doesn't do diddly-squat for weight loss...and what's more...the 'active ingredients' are found in a WHOLE slew of other 'new improved ephedra-free fat burners' on the market (many of which are cheaper BTW).

IMO, the only real 'effective ingredient' in these pills is the caffiene, since it gives you a boost of energy. (pretty expensive caffeine source IMO).

It's all marketing...if you're truly eating clean and working out with regularity and intensity and not seeing results - I would concur with your decision to see your doctor...but I can't condone spending all that money for some questionable (to say the least) diet pills...
Old 08-20-2003, 12:08 PM   #3  
Kathy

Default Just Bought It

I just bought it this week and I am trying it out.

I started taking it on Sunday, 8/17/03. Today is Friday, 8/22/03, I am down 9 lbs.

It seems like it is working so far. It is curbing my appetite. Makes me feel full so I don't eat as much. That is a good thing for me.

I must tell you that I only take it 15 to 30 minutes before breakfast and lunch. I have not tried it at dinner time because I would not be able to sleep at night.

It has boost my energy level big time. So I have lots of energy. On the first 2 nights it affected my sleep. I didn't need my 8 hours.

I will keep you all posted on this after a full week of taking it.

This is my experience so far.

Kathy

Last edited by 7077; 08-22-2003 at 03:09 PM.
Closed Thread