General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-25-2012, 11:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/165/145

Height: 5'7

Default #2

Well folks, this is not a thread for the "poo-shy"

I bring this up as I have often wondered why I can't do it 2 times a day like my boyfriend!

Granted, before I lost my big 50 I ate like crap, and never got any fiber. When I changed my diet, I made sure to get 25-30 grams a day. I have been doing that for years now.

It used to be I could go several days before I could make a deposit in the porcelain bank… and even then it would be a struggle to make the deposit!

So after changing my diet I would say I average once a day. But, lately it seems like it is every other day, and then sometimes twice that day. Is that normal???? I really hate PMS because that really backs me up no matter what. I don’t understand why!??

I am drinking lots of water, I still eat a ton of fiber…but I would have thought things would move through me faster! I feel like I need to get rid of that waste because holding onto it longer than you need to only adds excess weight right?

I have looked into this online and most doctors say it’s normal to even go every FEW days?! I don’t know about that. Why is it men can do it so much!? I want that **** out of me, literally!

So I don’t know if I am still doing something wrong, or if anyone else knows the digestive system well. I am open to ideas for keeping a daily schedule of at least ONE time each day.
JudgeDread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:52 AM   #2  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

I have to go every.single.day or I feel like death warmed over. I don't understand people who can go "every few days" & be OK with that. I'd bloat up like a beached whale.

I eat a good amount of veggies & fruits, and I drink PLENTY of water. And as for eating fiber...HA! -the more I eat, the more STOPPED UP I get! - I know... doesn't make ANY sense. And when it's TOM for me (even tho I'm in menopause, I still get TOM effect...just no bleeding... oh, the joy) I get diarrhea REALLY BAD. Hey, that's how *my body* works.

My doctor told me that a "lack of proper #2" could mean too much red meat in the diet, and not enough MAGNESIUM. So I cut down on my red meat consumption (way down!) and started taking magnesium supplements. MUCH BETTER. #2ing like a princess!!! Every.Single.Day. Sometimes 3-4 times a day. Doc said "normal" is what's "normal" for each individual where that's concerned!! And when I DO have problems? Doc said Milk of Magnesia (it's MAGNESIUM!!!)is the best thing for it, & it's safe to use every day (if need be).

Hope this helps. Happy movements to you!!!!
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:01 PM   #3  

Ahh magnesium! Never tried that, let alone put two and two together. What kind of pills do you take..how many MGs per day?

As far as red meat goes I don't eat much...not daily a few times a week maybe. But usually I switch off from chicken, pork, seafood, beef. Trying to mix things up anyways!
Old 01-26-2012, 04:04 AM   #4  
PCOS and Tuesday weigher!

S/C/G: 288/295/175ish?

Height: 5ft4

*warning graphic content* haha

Since I started losing my 'fragrant deposits' have cut down dramatically. When I was eating all around me I went at least once a day, sometimes twice and occasionally more if I'd had a rough day on the candy bars. Once I got my eating in check I could go 2-3 days with nothing and it felt awful. I didn't feel sick or anything, but I would think 'where the heck is all this food going if it's not coming out the other end??' so I'd feel almost clogged up if that makes sense? Laxatives didn't work so I convinced myself I must be terribly ill and went to see my doctor who kinda laughed and said once it is coming out, eventually, that it was pretty normal.

Since then I've upped my dairy intake a bit (I don't really like dairy so it's been a struggle) and that's helped a lot. I now go once a day in the mornings and that's plenty. If there's any stoppage I eat a small candy bar because I can't stomach them anymore and they hasten things rather well
knoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 212/216/150

Height: 5'3

I tend to eat a lot of cheese in my diet, and even with calorie counting, I make room for it. It really did interfere with my going with ease. Once I cut the cheese, (hee hee! See what I did there?), out of my diet, all the fiber I had been eating was able to do its job.

Now, whenever I get backed up, I lay off the cheese for a bit.
CrystalZ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:59 AM   #6  

Oh the probotics comes from the dairy, that's right. I did buy some probotic pills, however I have not been consistant on taking them. I try to eat yogurts and what not to keep away yeast infections. But normally I eat cottage cheese every day....as of lately less as I am on serious calorie restrictions. I should probably watch that!

Well I know I am not eating as much now, but still you would think it would have to come out at least after 24 hours?!
Old 01-26-2012, 03:52 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Patrol View Post
#2ing like a princess!!! Every.Single.Day.
Hahhahahah. I love this board.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:00 PM   #8  
wishin' for sun!

S/C/G: 260/see slider/135

Height: 5'1"

I've had this issue for a couple years now and no one really knows why (MS? weight loss? change in eating habits? menopause?) and I, like others have mentioned, tend to get sick when things aren't moving properly-even to the point of The only thing I've found that works is to take psyllium fiber 2 or 3 times every single day. I take 1 heaping teaspoon of Metamucil (the psyllium kind, not the other fiber) with my breakfast, by mixing it in my cereal or OJ, and another with my supper, mixed with water or grape juice, and, if I'm feeling 'slow' I'll take some with lunch also.

It has to be the psyllium, though, because the other fibers (like benefiber) made it worse! I have to avoid milk and ice cream due to lactose issues, but yogurt is ok, but haven't noticed it actually helping keep me regular, like they say it can for some I've learned that the gritty psyllium-water is much preferred over the bloating, back-up, and puking if I let myself get 'behind'.

Best wishes!
ronni62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:36 PM   #9  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

I started taking psyllium husk capsules a couple of weeks ago and have found them to be quite effective. I only take 2 in the morning, not the recommended 2 capsules 3 times a day, and I get the desired result.
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:38 PM   #10  

Hmm the only thing about I worry about with the Psyllum husk is gas. I am notorious for getting gassy. I took some fiber plus tablets last night and it messed me up. My poor boyfriend has to suffer enough haha. I blame my father for my frequent flatulence problems LOL!
Old 01-28-2012, 11:07 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 207/212/155

Height: 5'9

I'm normally pretty regular but this week I haven't been. I broke down and drank some warm water with epsom salt to see if it would help. That stuff is sooooo gross. I threw half of it back up.
stellarwbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:37 AM   #12  

Eww that sounds worse than sitting on the can haha! I tell ya its literally, a pain in the *** to be regular as a chick. Men have it too easy.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:12 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

In my experience, you do the deed significantly less often when you're on a weight-loss plan. My personal normal (when in maintenance) is about once a day, perhaps more if I eat A LOT of vegetables, but whenever I'm in weight-loss mode my average goes down to about 3 times per week. Your output may vary, but don't expect much of an increase in frequency until you reach maintenance.

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:15 AM   #14  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelancemomma View Post
In my experience, you do the deed significantly less often when you're on a weight-loss plan. My personal normal (when in maintenance) is about once a day, perhaps more if I eat A LOT of vegetables, but whenever I'm in weight-loss mode my average goes down to about 3 times per week. Your output may vary, but don't expect much of an increase in frequency until you reach maintenance.

F.
I noticed this too.

And that's all I'm going to say about this subject!
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:08 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 172/170/130

I am fairly regular but have issues with gas and bloating which is incredibly painful at times. The best things I have found for regularity are cutting way back on sugar a little bit of coffee in the morning (barely 1/2 a cup), and lentils, lentils and more lentils.

I swear by eating lentils at least once per day. I have them in a baked bean style dish for breakfast and as a lentil curry at lunch and sometimes as a snack or side dish in the evening. I also think flaxseeds are also great. If you have ever blended them up with warm water they get think and mucusy and help things slide right through. Ground flax seeds are best for getting their best benefits.

I also give myself tummy massages almost everyday and it is something that is recommended for constipation, gas, and colic babies.

I also think when talking about #2 it is important to consider the amount of time actually spent making the deposit. If passing it is difficult, requires straining or takes a significant amount of time I consider it cause for concern. If I am in the bathroom too long I need to reconsider what I am eating and include those things which make trips to the loo a breeze.
Veela is offline   Reply With Quote