Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 09:25 AM   #1  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Default ~~January Golden Girls 2nd thread

2nd thread girls. I'll meet ya all here.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:34 AM   #2  
Bobbi

Happy Birthday Rie...wish we could all be there for a birthday bash!
Quote:
Keep me Accountable menu 1134 calories + 51 grams fiber

Breakfast - Fiber One, Orange yogurt , Flax & Chia seeds,
3oz. Chunky Cinnamon applesauce

Lunch- Finished the chicken lentil soup + crisp apple dunked in sweet mustard sauce.

Snack - mock coconut pudding w/sf cool whip and 10 grams dry fiber one

Supper -Venison stroganoff on flatout, ( I skipped the noodles) baked squash, cranberry sauce

Hungry Girl had a Chocolate Turtle cheesecake recipe on today’s email. I made it mainly for DH. I had one small piece with SF cool whip and crushed fiber one on top. DH had his with crushed graham crackers, pecans, cool whip and drizzled with butterscotch syrup as stated in recipe. I picked out the chocolate chips, don’t want a headache. I found something neat about entering the ingredients into Fitday. After I saved the recipe and added it to my menu, I could click on the plus sign by the turtle cheesecake and the list of ingredients drops down. I clicked on the chocolate chips and deleted them out since I didn’t eat them. It worked and lowered the calories!

Woke up at 3am and couldn't get back to sleep so had a bowl of honey nut cheerios and instantly went back to sleep. Works every time.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 01-25-2012 at 09:34 AM.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Thanks all for the birthday wishes! We had a little family thing last night. We don't usually make a big deal of birthdays anymore, but my grandson likes the singing and the candles and the CAKE! So we do it for him. He came in and gave me my present. Then he said "Do you have a present for me?" I said "Is it your birthday?" He said "No..." I said, "So you don't get a present!" LOL He was ok with that. I think he was thinking of Christmas. He's such a sweetheart. He wanted to stay overnight until he realized they hadn't brought his blanket.

Rie - Happy Birthday to you, too! I knew we had something in common. Hope you have a great day. It's my visiting nurse's birthday today, too, so we left the balloons up for her.

Gayle - I tried hummus once with crackers and I liked it, so I think I will get some to go with the cucumbers. I am going to eat the cucumbers, seeds and all, because the doc said I no longer have diverticulitis. But I'm still going to stay away from nuts, as I think I may be prone to get it again since I had it once. I'm not taking any chances. Also, after having the colostomy, I have learned to chew more thoroughly and eat slower, and I think that will help. I used to eat the cucumbers with cheese too, and it's pretty tasty that way.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:49 AM   #4  
Bobbi

Ooooops Carol Sue, I thought everyone was wishing you happy birthday, then looked on todays birthday list and saw Rie's b'day. Missed yours, sorry. Happy belated b'day.

Zoe...thought of you when I read this on Dr. Oz's web site. I think you stopped eating them, why?

Quote:
Top your salads with chia seeds; they contain the sleep-inducing amino acid tryptophan. The tryptophan in chia seeds, like in turkey, raises melatonin and serotonin levels, which promotes stable sleep. With more than twice the tryptophan of turkey, you’ll need just 2 ounces of chia seeds to help you snooze.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 01-25-2012 at 09:51 AM.
Old 01-25-2012, 09:52 AM   #5  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Happy Birthday Carol Sue and Rie!! I just realized there was a birthday thread.

Lucinda, ROFL, at your description of a birthday.

Zoe, love your new avatar.

Rosey, I just love your moose quilt.

Bobbi, I'm (was) a quilter like you. Never considered myself a quilter but made several quilts. Your denim quilt top is beautiful.

Don't think I'm not thinking of the rest of you as I read everything. These are just a few things that stuck in my mind from last reading.

My oven is fixed. DH bought a new element only to find it was too large for my self-cleaning oven. But while he was disconnecting the old element he noticed one of the connecting wires was burned off. He was able to fix that and now everything is working. He took back the new element and I sent a request to Sears for the nearest location for buying/ordering the correct part. We only have a mail order pick up store here.

I forgot to post my eats and exercise yesterday, so here goes.

Quote:
Breakfast: Cream of Wheat with wheat germ and bran, Stevia (trying it out), teaspoon raisins, 2 walnut halves, skim milk, 1/2 smoothie with a big spoonful of ff yogurt

Dinner: Carrot and Onion Quiche, Romaine lettuce with 1 teaspoon dressing, about 8 pieces fried potato

Supper: 1/2 smoothie with large spoonful ff yogurt, 1 cup vegetable soup

Exercise: 11.69 km on exercise bike, 41 minutes
Old 01-25-2012, 10:01 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Morning all....just got back from my echo....gee it would be so nice to know what she saw. Just a hint would help instead have to wait for the office to call. It is a messy test with the jelly but when she pushes hard against my seam it aches. So that's better cause last time it hurt. Best test is I walked the long halls faster today. 6 months ago I barely crawled and had to stop and rest.

You all have asked about the neighborhood dog pack/nasty neighbor....what neighbor?? The people and dogs are missing. Seen the black mostly lab in the front yard twice in a week.....no sight of anything else living there. They must have really blasted the animal control officer for her to call for 2 back up cars.

Happy Birthday belated Carol Sue and Happy Birthday Rie....have urge to sing the Age of Aquarius.....how's that for an earworm of a day! dawning of the day of Aquarius.......

I got a bottle of cocoa butter yesterday. Between winter and these meds my skin is super dry. Haven't used cocoa butter since being preggie. It's wonderful. Even used it on my face and over night skin is better. And no smell!

Thanks Bobbie for the new site...your quilts are really nice, but think a few paint slatters would have added character.

off to bridge....k3
Old 01-25-2012, 11:28 AM   #7  
Bobbi

Marie...you'll never guess what just went by our house, a dog sled on wheels pulled by 8 huskies. DH said they looked just like wolves! Hope he turns around and come back. Oh so exciting to see.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:14 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

I think we could all have a good time in one of these!!!

http://www.ktuu.com/videobeta/724982...-on-the-street
Old 01-25-2012, 04:43 PM   #9  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Karen, I can't see the first video with your cousin's daughter. It says: The URL contained a malformed video ID.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:14 PM   #10  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Jenye, I hope you got answers yesterday. I will read further in the posts and hope you let us know.

Rosey, your DH is having a heck of a time. I am glad he brought you flowers.

Carol Sue, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!

And Miss Rie, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you as well!

Rie, ROFLMAO on your finger salute to my scale. It was a little more behaved this morning but it's still a meanie.

Zoe, hope your drive past quickly and without any winter weather to bog you down.

Bobbi, I seriously thought of printing that HG turtle cheesecake recipe out. It sounded quite tasty. Did you like it? Isn't the dogs and cart cool? If I had more than 2 running huskies I would have bought a cart. Instead I bought a scooter that has the two dogs attached to it. Did I not post those last year? It's a blast and quite a feeling of being out of control.

KarenFL, I hope the nasty neighbors are gone for good. And they take their out of control pups with them.

Not much happening in my world. The sun is currently shining through my window so not having snow/rain is a nice surprise. And it's warm. I love warm.
Marie
Old 01-25-2012, 05:42 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Yes, I'm not sure why it did that-- but it is on the "Prayer Warriors" thread here too and it works fine from there.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:25 PM   #12  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Marie ~ LOL ~ at first I didn't get Rie's finger salute (thought she was pointing her finger like a gun at the scale ~ wrong finger ~ DUH) Made me think of a picture then
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bad weigh in.jpg (33.5 KB, 9 views)
Old 01-25-2012, 06:44 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

marie...not gone just missing or hiding....they will be back....k3
Old 01-25-2012, 06:48 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 99.1/96.9/75 Kgs

Height: 165cm

Morning girls ( or evening over there).

Well yesterday was a very interesting experience, the doctor wants me to see a neuro-opthamoligist to find out why I can;t keep my eyes open - I said I would first talk it over with my son who is a doctor and then let him know. Personally, the answer will be yes but I just need a bit more information. Because I was a Registered Nurse I have to know all the in's and outs first. (typical me)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to CAROL SUE and RIE.

even if it is belated.

ROSY - you must be doing very well to be able to use a walker now - I use mine in the house but not when I go outside.

CAROL SUE- are english cucumbers like the ones we have here in Australia? I just love cucumber but it makes my husband " burp" so I only buy it occassionally - then it is the Lenanese cucumber.

I love the quilts that everyone is talking about - I went to quilting classes s few years ago and started making them - I just love it.

I know that there are others I should have answered but the eyes keep closing, I will be back again later.

Jenye.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:52 PM   #15  
Bobbi

KarenMo...I couldn't watch the video either, what's up?
KarenFla...a great improvement, slow but sure. As to the paint flecks, I will use them on the small lap quilt for DH.
[QUOTEBest test is I walked the long halls faster today. 6 months ago I barely crawled and had to stop and rest. ][/QUOTE]
Marie...DH loved the turtle cheesecake but then he had the butterscotch syrup and nuts on top. I picked out the chocolate chips, no syrup or nuts and what was left wasn't worth the calories. I won't make again.
Yes, you did post a picture of the two dogs hooked up to the scooter, that's why I thought of you when DH pointed out the 8 dog sled team to Charlie.
Quote:
Bobbi, I seriously thought of printing that HG turtle cheesecake recipe out. It sounded quite tasty. Did you like it? Isn't the dogs and cart cool? If I had more than 2 running huskies I would have bought a cart. Instead I bought a scooter that has the two dogs attached to it. Did I not post those last year?
Closed Thread