Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-19-2012, 05:30 PM   #1  
Warrior Princess

Smile Yoga!

I have never done Yoga before but I'm going to give it a go! I know of a few people that got great results. I figure I will add it in with other exercise routines to change things up a bit. Picked up a DVD today.

I will report back how it goes.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:01 PM   #2  
Warrior Princess

Thumbs up

Day 1 was pretty awesome! Yoga is actually a lot harder than I thought it would be, my legs feel like spaghetti. I enjoyed it. I will have to familiarize myself with some of the moves more so I don't have to look at the TV as much while I'm supposed to have my head down. I guess in time I will have the DVD memorized or I can just watch it through once or twice to see exactly what they're doing to make sure I'm doing it right.

I tried to do my Gazelle after but my legs were shaking too much so I did my hand weights instead to work my upper arms for about 10 minutes.

I'm excited.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:39 AM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

Yoga is a great workout... I should get my DVD out too... Once you advance a bit try Rodney Yee I have his Yoga Burn DVD, really challenging...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:28 PM   #4  
Warrior Princess

Thanks for the suggestion, Ilene I will definitely look into that DVD once I am more advanced for sure! Right now I have Trudie Styler? Never heard of her but it has a few levels, one specifically for abs (can't wait to start working on that area) but I haven't gotten to the more expanded workouts yet I'm still on the training wheels level. Lol

Day 2 of Yoga was a little harder because I was doing the moves/positions more correct than the first time if that makes sense. I am soooo sore. I also lifted hand weights again - about 50 reps. Put a fork in me, I'm done. I hurt everywhere.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:05 PM   #5  
Taking it 1lb at a time!

S/C/G: 291/Ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

I am actually thinking about throwing in some Yoga after my 30min Gazelle workout. I found a couple of beginner tutorials on youtube to see how I like it, might go out and look for a good DVD later this week.
Back in high school I took an advanced health class my senior year and we did an hour long beginner yoga workout one day the next day everyone in the class was so sore. Walking up and down 3 flights of steps in between classes nearly killed us all lol.
CocoTruffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:13 PM   #6  
Warrior Princess

I only feel like I'm getting something out of my Gazelle if I'm leaning forward.

Day 3 Yoga - no good. Note to self: Stretch better first, no loose shirts, and hair must be in a bun.

Hopefully tomorrow is better. I'm gonna go lift my hand weights.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:25 AM   #7  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by novangel View Post
Day 3 Yoga - no good. Note to self: Stretch better first, no loose shirts, and hair must be in a bun.

Not sure what kind of Yoga you're doing but most classes will start with the Sun Salutation which is a series of 10 stretches done in a smooth sequence which stretches the whole body before you start... In our class we do a total of 10 -- 5 on each side ... I'm sure You Tube has some videos too...

Hope this helps...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:40 PM   #8  
Warrior Princess

Red face

Day 4 Yoga went better but still hard...I thought I'd be past level one already but I guess not. I need to start kicking things up a notch if I'm ever going to get anywere with this. Last night I stayed on the phone too late with a friend and didn't exercise. Bah.

Gonna go work my arms some more now.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:47 AM   #9  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by novangel View Post
I need to start kicking things up a notch if I'm ever going to get anywere with this.
Don't push yourself too hard with the yoga. It's supposed to be relaxing and soothing. Enjoy the poses. Enjoy the stretch. It's not a race to get to the next level.

You're doing great and consistency is the key. Keep up the good work

Last edited by ddc; 01-26-2012 at 09:47 AM. Reason: spelling
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:56 PM   #10  
SanityNow

I second that! Don't push with the yoga, enjoy, breath, pay attention to your movements and keeping your mind on your 'inner landscape' - when you're in a pose, scan your body and pay attention to any areas of tension, as well as the areas that feel good. Trying to 'step it up' may lead to injury, so don't feel pressured to get to any point of achievement. As KP Jois said, 'practice and all is coming'.....