Thread: Age 50+ Bios
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 12:35 AM   #49
smarkey
Getting back into it

S/C/G: 170/ticker/120

Height: 5'2"

PERSONAL INFORMATION: I'm 51, married for now, raising three great teens. We have animals ranging from a lizard to a horse. I love to read and cook and garden and hike and being a mom is the best.

DIET: Roughly South Beach with a vegetarian/no artificial sweetener angle. Would like to minimize the dairy, too.

EXERCISE REGIMEN: Trying to find time for yoga three times a week, otherwise, walking and working outside when weather permits.

HEIGHT AND WEIGHT: 5'2" and 160 lbs, give or take.

GOAL: Hope to lose 40 lbs - not in a hurry. 1-2 lbs a week would be great. Will trade fat for muscle and take the extra weight.

SPECIAL HOPES: I want to get back to being active, feeling fit and energetic. My goal is less about weight and more about doing the things I love. My real goal is hike in the mountains that could take five days.

CHALLENGES: Three teens who eat anything in site. The house is full of food of all kinds for good reason. I don't do all the cooking, but enough to test my resolve. My job can be stressful. Sitting at a desk all day is a trigger for snacking.

ACHEIVEMENTS: have lost about eight pounds, and have joined this forum.

Last edited by smarkey : 01-26-2012 at 12:35 AM.
smarkey is offline   Reply With Quote