General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2001, 10:23 PM   #1  

Thumbs down

Hi there!
Just wondering if anyone out there is taking Xenical? I have noticed every other weight loss program has a message board EXCEPT for X. So I figured I would try starting one...not sure if I will be flamed or not, but whatever!! LOL!
I have been taking X for about 5 months and have lost 30 pounds. I still have about 25-30 to go! I plateaued for a few months, but I am back on track, and as soon as my 3 kids get rid of their Easter chocolates, I will have NO MORE temptations in my house!
Anyway...looking forward to hearing from people!
Old 04-17-2001, 09:32 AM   #2  
Nancy

Heather:

I've been using Xenical since early February. I've lost 17.5 lbs and have very, very few side effects. I have to eat healthy, but that's what I wanted help in doing. I am very pleased with my Xenical experience and feel confident that it will help me reach a healthy weight. I have about 60 lbs more to lose.

Nancy

Old 04-17-2001, 10:06 AM   #3  

Nancy: Thats terrific! Congratulations on that 17.5 lbs GONE! I am also VERY pleased with what Xenical has taught me. Where do you live? And does your insurance cover the X? Mine doesn't.
Old 04-17-2001, 03:46 PM   #4  

Hi! We used to have a Xenical thread. You probably can look up our experiences in the old threads. Best wishes to you!
Old 04-28-2001, 09:33 PM   #5  

Hi!!

I also just started taking Xenical about 2 weeks ago. I have a question to ask. Do you guys take 3 per day like you are suppose to(if eating alot of fatty foods/meals)? My Dr. told me that if what I'm eating doesn't have alot of fat in it, then don't worry about taking one.

So far, I'm only taking 1 per day, always at supper time, because that is my largest meal. It sure has helped me stop and think about what I am about to put in my mouth!!

My Insurance doesn't cover it either. Down here in N.S., it is costing me $148.00 for a 30 day supply(at 3 per day). I think that is another reason that I don't take 3 a day!

I was just wondering if any of you are taking 3/day, does it help make the weight loss go quicker?

Thanks,
Stubby
Old 04-29-2001, 06:53 PM   #6  
Nancy

Default Xenical

Hi fellow Xenicalers:

Stubby & Heather:

I am also in NS. My insurance does not cover it. My doctor gave me the same advice. I take one with lunch and supper but not breakfast. Usually for breakfast I have cereal, skim milk and fruit.

I recently lost my mother so I am just now getting back on track. How are you both doing?

Nancy (in Nova Scotia)

Old 05-01-2001, 06:56 AM   #7  

Default zenical

Hi,
I am a 53 year old female from upstate New York.
I start taking Xenical on Apr. 16 and have not noticed a loss. Am I doing something wrong? I try to eat as low fat a possible with a minimal of snacks. I just cannot seem to get started. What is your startup experience?
Old 05-01-2001, 07:25 AM   #8  
Nancy

Default xenical

mazoom:

I lost about 5 lbs my first week. However, my eating was very out of control prior to taking Xenical and joining TOPS. So I think there was a major difference between my before and during. It also depends on how much you have to los. I started off about 90 lbs overweight.

Try writing down what you eat. Do you use the journal that comes with Xenical? Do you read labels and count fat grams? I know that we don't want to have to count for the rest of our lives, but if you do it for a little while you may discover that you are eating more than you think.

What would you eat ina typical day?

Good luck.

Nancy

Old 05-02-2001, 03:00 AM   #9  

I've been on X for about 5 months and I only lost about 12 pounds. I kept forgetting to take X and of course stopped losing weight. So I've now joined Weight Watchers and I take X when I remember (Lunch and Dinner). (If my Xenical wasn't completely free the expense of WW'ers would be a hindrance) I've lost 7 pounds since joining WW'ers 4 weeks ago. The two programs go very well together. I have 35-40 pounds to go. I'm determined to stick with both diet aids.

Nancy's suggestion to jot down what you eat is an excellent idea. It certainly makes a difference in how I do on WW'ers. The week I neglected to keep track of what I ate is the only week I didn't lose any weight.

I also enjoy reading Heather's journal and get inspiration from her weightloss. You are doing great, Heather!

Chocolate is also my downfall. I wish I could ban Easter and Hallowe'en.

Teresa from British Columbia
Old 05-09-2001, 02:04 PM   #10  

I've been using Xenical since February 12 and I love it! I've lost 20 pounds, have gone from a 16 to a 10 and I feel so much better. For me, I had to completely change the way I cook. I started substuting butter buds and I can't believe it's not butter spray for the real thing. I grill a lot. I even invested in fat free cheeses and a few good cookbooks. I take my pill with every meal (generally 3 per day) - even when there's only a gram of fat in the entire thing. I also write down everything I eat and drink along with the number of calories, grams of fat and percentage of fat. Just writing it down helped me to find ways to get my calories down to around 1000 per day without feeling hungry or depriving my body of things it needs. Make sure you take your multivitains! The hardest part for me is when those cravings hit. I love cheese more than chocolate and there have been times I would have done anything to get to some baked brie, BUT then I picture myself in a swimming suit and suddenly I'm very motivated to be good again Let me know how you guys are doing!
Old 05-10-2001, 12:02 PM   #11  
Elle

Hi!

I just started taking Xenical today. I went to the doctor to see about taking Meridia and the doctor put me on Xenical along with the Meridia.

I wanted to mention incase there is anybody who is about to take Xenical that there is a $25 off instant coupon on their website. It has to be on your initial persription. My insurance didn't cover it so I was happy to save anything!

Bye for now!

Elle
Old 05-11-2001, 06:36 AM   #12  

Hey! Well, I just took my first Xenical pill. I am using the free samples from my Dr. before I get my prescription refilled, so I'm not sure if my insurance covers it or not. However, I am ready to lose this weight, and I don't care if it pays for it. My goal is 75-80 pounds. My only question.... how many of you have had the "ugly" side effects?
Old 05-11-2001, 03:43 PM   #13  

I must be one of the lucky ones because my insurance is covering all but $7.00 of the prescription every month. Ebbeth - be sure to check into it. I was covered because I had about 45 pounds to lose in order to rate well on my BMI.

As far as those side effects go, I had a few during my first couple of weeks, but then everything went back to normal. Be warned: you WILL be sorry if you're taking your pills like you should and eat something high in fat. I've had to be almost militant about what I do and don't eat but it sure seems to work!

I've been amazed at how many tricks I've found to deal with those cravings that I can't get around. What's working for everyone else?
Closed Thread