View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 09:17 AM   #25
Healthhappy

S/C/G: 215/215/152

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenic View Post
I ordered a Pure Foods Fresh Start package from Sam's... just the lunches and dinners. I am definitely pleased with the quality of the food. But I find I'm still hungry after dinner! Part of the problem may be that I'm not eating enough during the day so by the time I get home I'm starving, but it's hard to tell. Do y'all have anything else with or after dinner?

Thanks,
Nichole
Morning Nichole (and Grace!) -- Yay, a thread of three! Nicole -- get food in that tummy during the day!! Eat breakfast - even if it's only a cup of yogurt - stops my blood sugar from crashing, plus it tells your body to be hungry a few hours later so you eat during the day and not everything at night.
As Grace says I supplement with other food as well. Less than 1200 calories and my body will hold on to fat like there's no tomorrow! Yesterday was yogurt, apple, about 5 large strawberries and 2 cheese sticks. I was surprised at how hungry I wasn't last night (I think due to the GI type food served all day) -- But, when hubby cooked the smells had a definite impact on the body/mind thinking it was hungry when it wasn't and truly, food commercials should be banned after 8 pm! I never notice them until I am restricting my calories consciously.

Yesterday they sent two quinoa packages because they had to substitute for a dinner they didn't have so I had to get creative for dinner, plus I was a little hungry. I had some mushrooms and broccoli on hand and 1/2 sautéed them in broth and coconut oil (tsp) then added the dinner and some chipolte powder for some depth -- made for a hearty meal! I was craving a salad with dinner so I'll make sure I have some greens, celery and radishes in the fridge.

Good Luck! Look forward to your update!
Healthhappy is offline   Reply With Quote