Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 01:01 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday 1/24/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 01-24-2012, 07:10 AM   #2  

Good Morning Everyone! Had a total breakdown yesterday. Man did I have a pitty party for myself. TOM is here and I was taking everything to heart. Spent the day working, helping with homework, doing the dishes and the laundry...was really needing me time and felt like I was doing everything myself. I was so frustrated! This morning, I realize it's hormones, but still wanting the me time!

The cramp fairy has arrived, so I'm probably going to go spend the day with the heating pad and a bottle of aleve!

Hope everyone has a great OP day! Good luck with all the weigh ins!
Old 01-24-2012, 07:37 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!!

Having a good morning here. I'm so glad that so many of you liked that paper towel analogy I posted yesterday. I wish I could take credit for it, but it's something that was posted here back when I went on IP the 1st time. Honestly I've lost nearly 30 lbs and no one has said anything, but I'm still wearing the same clothes I was. I figure it will come.

So, I'm finally hitting that stage in IP I did the first time about 3 weeks in where I'm actually really starting to care for myself and how I look. I'm not really one for make up, cute clothes, or getting my hair all done up because after chasing toddlers all day I'm tired and it never stays on. However; I'm getting to the point where I'm starting to feel good enough about myself to straighten my hair most mornings, and put on a little make up, and dress up in a cute outfit. Even though I'm still in the same sizes I'm finding things that didn't fit before are now fitting and I'm loving wearing cute skirts.

Heading out this morning bright and early! Hope everyone has a wonderful OP day!!

mamacita - Feel better!!
Old 01-24-2012, 07:51 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 239.4/ticker/140ish

Height: 5ft 5.5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post

So, I'm finally hitting that stage in IP I did the first time about 3 weeks in where I'm actually really starting to care for myself and how I look. I'm not really one for make up, cute clothes, or getting my hair all done up because after chasing toddlers all day I'm tired and it never stays on. However; I'm getting to the point where I'm starting to feel good enough about myself to straighten my hair most mornings, and put on a little make up, and dress up in a cute outfit. Even though I'm still in the same sizes I'm finding things that didn't fit before are now fitting and I'm loving wearing cute skirts.
Don't you just love that feel good feeling?

I've realized that I messed up a couple times this week... I had snow peas twice, which was once too much. I also had a double serving of protein one night. Arg... But I am learning and moving on. I did a little bit of strength exercising last night, and was pleasantly surprised to know I could do pushups and situps. Its been literally years since I have, and the amount I did last night was awesome for that reason.

I'm heading to Microbiology in 25 minutes... I hope everyone has a fantastical day!
Old 01-24-2012, 08:16 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Good morning everyone. First thanks to WUV for answering my water question yesterday.. I didn't want to post on yesterdays thread today.

Navymommy---isn't that a good feeling you are having? I know I had a similar experience with feeling like it was okay to think I looked good even though I have much more weight to lose. It's the little victories that keep me going.

Mamacita---I hope you find some "me time" today, it is very important.

Good luck to everyone today staying OP, enjoy your successes no matter how big or small.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:20 AM   #6  
Started IP 1/1/2012

S/C/G: 368.8/314.8/150

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone Tonight is going to be my first outing where food will be served. I have to go because it is a work event or else I would skip it. It is going to be at a wonderful Italian restuarant where I know the smells are going to drive me batty. I have a plan. I am going to eat my OP dinner in the car right before I go in so I will be full. I am going to sit as far away from the buffet table as possible and focus on the speaker I am going there to see. This is not about the food but about the knowledge I will gain for my career. The event is only about 2 (6-8) hours so I think, no-I know, I can make it. I will have a Vanilla RTD Drink at the ready so as soon as I leave I can satisfy whatever cravings I have.

Quote:
Good morning!!

Having a good morning here. I'm so glad that so many of you liked that paper towel analogy I posted yesterday. I wish I could take credit for it, but it's something that was posted here back when I went on IP the 1st time. Honestly I've lost nearly 30 lbs and no one has said anything, but I'm still wearing the same clothes I was. I figure it will come.

Heading out this morning bright and early! Hope everyone has a wonderful OP day!!

mamacita - Feel better!!
I think that is a great NSV victory! Feeing good about yourself is so important and leads to more positivity in your life. Keep that feeling close and remember it on those days when you may feel discouraged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacitaof2 View Post
Good Morning Everyone! Had a total breakdown yesterday. Man did I have a pitty party for myself. TOM is here and I was taking everything to heart. Spent the day working, helping with homework, doing the dishes and the laundry...was really needing me time and felt like I was doing everything myself. I was so frustrated! This morning, I realize it's hormones, but still wanting the me time!

The cramp fairy has arrived, so I'm probably going to go spend the day with the heating pad and a bottle of aleve!

Hope everyone has a great OP day! Good luck with all the weigh ins!
We all need some "me" time so hopefully you can fit some in for yourself. I hope you feel better soon!

Last edited by Lorilou; 01-24-2012 at 08:21 AM.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:51 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/175/145

Height: 5'5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilou View Post
Good morning everyone Tonight is going to be my first outing where food will be served. I have to go because it is a work event or else I would skip it. It is going to be at a wonderful Italian restuarant where I know the smells are going to drive me batty. I have a plan. I am going to eat my OP dinner in the car right before I go in so I will be full. I am going to sit as far away from the buffet table as possible and focus on the speaker I am going there to see. This is not about the food but about the knowledge I will gain for my career. The event is only about 2 (6-8) hours so I think, no-I know, I can make it. I will have a Vanilla RTD Drink at the ready so as soon as I leave I can satisfy whatever cravings I have.

I think that is a great NSV victory! Feeing good about yourself is so important and leads to more positivity in your life. Keep that feeling close and remember it on those days when you may feel discouraged.

We all need some "me" time so hopefully you can fit some in for yourself. I hope you feel better soon!
Hey- Sounds like you have a good plan! don't forget you can have some greens from the salad bar while you are there! Good luck- you can do it!
Old 01-24-2012, 08:56 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Quote:
Good morning!!

mamacita - Feel better!!
That is awesome! Have a great day!!
Old 01-24-2012, 08:58 AM   #9  
itsallhis

S/C/G: 211/179.1/150

Height: 5'0

Morning Everyone!
Today is my 2nd day OP. Feeling a little woozy this am. I have been looking at other threads and wondering if I am doing this right. Yesterday I had 3 IP products..breakfast, lunch and after dinner snack, salad with lettuce and oinions oil and vinegar dressing, sea salt x2 , 2 cups steamed broc and califlower for lunch, grilled chicken breast for dinner and 1 cup asparagus for dinner. Of course 80 oz of water and the supplements. Does this sound right?
Hope everyone has a great day and blessings to all!
Old 01-24-2012, 08:59 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilou View Post

Great plan for tonight! I understand- I had a work meeting at night a week ago. I brought my food, ate it in the car, then arrived for the meeting. At least they had veggies to munch on. You are prepared and have a plan. That's the way to be! Have a great day!
Old 01-24-2012, 09:06 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 207/179/165

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksmy View Post
Morning Everyone!
Today is my 2nd day OP. Feeling a little woozy this am. I have been looking at other threads and wondering if I am doing this right. Yesterday I had 3 IP products..breakfast, lunch and after dinner snack, salad with lettuce and oinions oil and vinegar dressing, sea salt x2 , 2 cups steamed broc and califlower for lunch, grilled chicken breast for dinner and 1 cup asparagus for dinner. Of course 80 oz of water and the supplements. Does this sound right?
I felt nauseous and dizzy on morning of day 3 and 4. The feeling lasted about 5-10 minutes. Keep track of how you feel in your diary and ask your doctor or coach about it.

Last edited by Jonis; 01-24-2012 at 09:06 AM.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:14 AM   #12  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksmy View Post
Morning Everyone!
Everyone is different & some people get dizzy for a while or just sometimes, while some people barely even notice a difference lol.

I was dizzy for a little bit, then it would come & go; and then I would have some days where I just felt like crap & felt super dizzy. But now I feel better minus having a head cold or something [not IP related] so there's hope for you on the other side lol!
Old 01-24-2012, 09:44 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default Wi #10

Good Morning Ipeeps,

I would like to start by saying:

Hello, my name is Marissa and I WAS a foodaholic. I was eating all the time. I was always hungry. I craved food all the time. I can finally admit that I had a problem with food. When I would get to work in the morning the first thing that I would do with my co-workers is start and decided what we were going to have for lunch, then I would snack throughout the morning, go have lunch, and snack some more all afternoon, go home eat dinner, and snack more in the evening. No wonder I was at the point I was. And I have to say that ever since I have started this plan I no longer crave food. I know when I am truly hungry becuase my stomach will roar, then I know it is time to eat. I now know the difference between a head hunger and a true hunger. I know that I will always have this problem, but at least I have finally learned how to control it and not let it control me!!!!!!!

With that said, I had WI# 10 and I have lost another 4.8 pounds.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:56 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 170/155/130

Height: 5'7"

So this weekend wasn't such a good one, we got snowed in so although the relaxation was nice, all I need was sleep & eat! ahhh, I HATE to cheat because I always go too far, like once I eat one bad thing, it's like why not another? & and from then on, I like go on a binge. Well needless to say it wasn't worth it, I'm now 3lbs heavier ... mix of guilt & i've been blessed with "that time of the month" BUT, I guess we alllllll make mistakes ...it's time to get back on track and move ahead, NO DWELLING. Having to face my IP coach @ WI today is going to be punshiment enough! All that $$, wasted.

Sorry if this post is negative amongst all the postive things you all have going on, but I find it helpful to "confess" so that I can start fresh!

Hope everyone has a skinny day

Last edited by lroderick; 01-24-2012 at 09:57 AM.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:03 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Good Morning Ipeeps,

I would like to start by saying:

Hello, my name is Marissa and I WAS a foodaholic. I was eating all the time. I was always hungry. I craved food all the time. I can finally admit that I had a problem with food. When I would get to work in the morning the first thing that I would do with my co-workers is start and decided what we were going to have for lunch, then I would snack throughout the morning, go have lunch, and snack some more all afternoon, go home eat dinner, and snack more in the evening. No wonder I was at the point I was. And I have to say that ever since I have started this plan I no longer crave food. I know when I am truly hungry becuase my stomach will roar, then I know it is time to eat. I now know the difference between a head hunger and a true hunger. I know that I will always have this problem, but at least I have finally learned how to control it and not let it control me!!!!!!!

With that said, I had WI# 10 and I have lost another 4.8 pounds.
WOW Rissi, you are looking good. I really like the new picture. Congrats on your great WI and your continued success!
Closed Thread