Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 01-23-2012, 05:26 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/Ticker!/135

Height: 5'6

Default Yogurt

So, I'm really wanting to get into the habit of eating yogurt. Can anyone give me some tips for good tasting yogurts, because I have a hard time eating it because the yogurty taste is so strong. So, basically I need yogurt that doesn't taste like yogurt! haha
SWhite0513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:39 PM   #2  

Well, I'm not sure, but I can just say that, to me, Fage full-fat yogurt w/ honey is better than ice-cream. It's about 290 calories (or something like that) and has a lot of saturated fat, but from what I read, it isn't bad to eat it as long as it's no more than one a day. They also have a 2% version that's good tasting and w/ better specs, but it does have more of a tart "yogurt" taste than the full fat.
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:07 PM   #3  
Hi there!

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5' 5"

One thing that might work is to make this yogurt drink. I think it's a popular dessert in India or somewhere (My friend made it for me once - it's good! To me at least).

It's called "lassi" or something similar. You use a cup of yogurt (flavored or not) and a half cup of water, and then a few ice cubes and blend it all together. It makes a sweet, light, cold drink. Yum!

You can also blend fruit into it to make it sweeter. There are lots of recipes online and they're easy to find through Google.
LiannaKole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW 136 CW 105 and maintaining

Height: 5.2

I have fruit flavoured skim youghurt with All Bran. I cannot think of a better breakfast! If yoghurt is too thick in your area, add some milk to the mixture. Hope you like it!
inglesita64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 08:47 AM   #5  

Default yogurt

Hello. I have vanilla yogurt with fruit and quaker oatmeal squares crushed daily. It is kind of like a parfait. I use apples, oranges, pineapple, bananas, peaches, or whatever fruit I have in the house. Some is canned and some is fresh. Good Luck!!
singlemom70 is offline   Reply With Quote