Old 01-21-2012, 09:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/205/160

Default New

Hi everyone. I started MRC a week or so ago. I'm now on day two of the yellow menu. It has been rough but, I have lost 5lbs so far so obviously it is working. LOL. I've tried numerous other diets and did well but gained a lot back over the holidays and have just plain had it. Well, just wanted to say hi.
ColoradoRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:16 PM   #2  

Hi ColoradoRed,
Welcome! There seem to be a lot of us Colorado MRC people on here. Hang in there, it gets easieR!
Chickadee
Chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:33 AM   #3  
Dit250

Hey ColoradoRed,
I'm about right where you are. I tried the yellow menu for two days, and did well (lost 2 pounds in two days), but I was really hungry and the cheese salads for lunch were hard to choke down, so they switched me to meta-protein and said I can stay there till I reach goal weight. Good luck to you.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:17 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 239.5/see ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

Welcome to the boards and mrc. One thing I have to keep telling myself that this is different than anything else I've done because this is more of a lifestyle change than a diet. I think that the beginning is rough on everybody while our bodies get used to the new eating habits. You can do this and remember people are here who have probably been through what you are and can help if you need it. This forum has been such a great help for me. I don't always post but I following along for motivation.
I know. Little bit of rambling. Welcome again!
Fluffy in Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 210/205/160

Default Unsure

Thanks everyone. I just wonder will I get to drink real coffee again? I'm also a baker ... Will I have to stop? I'm actually starting to get scared and wondering if I made the right choice. Yes, I chose my health however, I don't think I can eat like this for the rest of my life! What about the occasional drink win my husband. Lord, I just sound whiny today. Sorry. I'm not normally like this, I'm just panicking I guess. Thanks again.
ColoradoRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:51 PM   #6  
Dit250

I'm a food/carb lover, and I miss being able to eat a lot of stuff. Yesterday we had a birthday party for my daughter and we had catered chinese food. It was impossible at this point for me to resist. So I know I had a slip, but that should be it for a while. The sooner I get to my goal weight, the sooner I can slowly bring the foods I miss back into my diet.
Old 01-22-2012, 02:51 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 239.5/see ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

What my counselor told me once has stuck with me. This is your program, if you choose to eat/drink something that is up to you. Do I plan to never eat sweets, never have a drink etc. heck no, but I'm the one who chooses that and I'm the one who chooses to go back to eating correctly after this. You have to remember you are the one in control. I bake and decorate cakes and I personally have to taste everything before I will let it go. I just make adjustments later.

You got this. Stick with it and you will see the benefits in no time. When you hit stabilization and maintenance you add foods back in. You won't be eating with all the limitations as you have at the beginning. Good luck and keep posting. The people here are a great source of support!
Fluffy in Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:06 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

Welcome! You can do it!

I think the first few weeks was hardest for me... I'm a big carb lover! But, hang in there... I think it's important to remember that it is a lifestyle change and you can have a treat here and there as long as you adjust and not make your slip-ups a way of life.

Like I said on another post, I'm bad about taking bites of stuff and soon it adds up to weight gain or cravings which are bad for me. But I learn to own my slip-ups, move one, and get back on track. It doesn't mean I'll never have a piece of cake... but, for me, for now, it's not the right choice... you know?
rachels77 is offline   Reply With Quote