Weight and Resistance Training Boost weight loss, and look great!

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 05:31 PM   #1  

Default Power of 10-slow burn weight training

I was wondering if any of ya'll had heard of the Power of 10 slow motion weight training, and if so what do you think? Here is the website http://power-of-10.com/ I bought the book, and started the routine on 7/14/03, about 4 workouts worth so far, two times a week, for 20 minutes each time. I used to be in the gym 6 days a week, 1 1/2 hours at a time. So this is quite a difference for me. Love to know if anyone else has been trying the Power of 10, Thanks in advance, Helen
Old 07-25-2003, 06:12 PM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

I just remembered we had discussed this before, here is the link for you to look at:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...w+burn+workout

I had a trainer show me this routine a few years ago, I personally prefer to lift heavy or go home...Just my .02...
Old 07-25-2003, 10:25 PM   #3  
Mel

same here. Your time under tension is high, but you are not recruit all of the muscle fibers with slow burn lifting.
Old 07-26-2003, 12:23 PM   #4  
Peace with body and soul

I think it may be an interesting change up to throw into your routine now and then, maybe even try a few weeks of this type of lifting just to throw your muscles off, but I don't believe it would be the way one would want to lift regularly.

I read this book awhile ago and used the lifting technique then and I'll use it again. I like the effects so I'll use it briefly, then move onto another lifting style, then come back to it, etc.

Change is usually good!
Old 07-27-2003, 11:34 AM   #5  
Just one bite at a time

S/C/G: 210/210/146

Height: 5'5"

I was about to leap in with my best instructor head on... pointing out the pros and cons of this type of workout. The I remembered where I was!

honey41757, read through the link Lanaii1 gave and you will have the gist of the advice I would give you if you were my client and had asked me about this.

In short - it is a good thing, in moderation. But it is not the only thing as it has its own shortcomings (it HURTS for one).

Mix it in with your usual training and you will find you reap the benefits.

I usually try to convince all my clients that changing the tempo of their work is always a good thing: single time, count for 2, count for 4, for 8 etc - think of it as a pyramid - whatever helps you to remember it!
Closed Thread