Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-20-2012, 12:53 PM   #1  

Default Pressure...

Last edited by LilButterflyWings; 03-15-2013 at 08:41 PM.
LilButterflyWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 01:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Sorry for what you're going through. I can't really relate to the baby thing since I don't even have the wonderful husband yet to consider children. :-) But here's my 2 cents.

First, congrats on the good marriage. That's something to definitely cherish. Second, you very well might have PCOS and my understanding is that it's extremely difficult to diagnose. I actually think that I have it. Hormonal issues, irregular periods, hair growth...all the symptoms. When I asked my PCP about it, she wouldn't test me for it because she said you can't really diagnose it. But from asking around in the PCOS support forum, it sounds like it's best to go to a gyn to get diagnosed. In the end for me, they put me on metformin becuase I've also got diabetes. I'm on the same medication that's used for PCOS treatment anyway. So I figure that I'm not going to push for a diagnosis as long as I'm being treated for it anyway. One day I'll push to figure it out, but I've got too much going on to deal with it today.

Anyway, my long winded point is about metformin if you haven't heard about it before. I don't know that I see the miracle aspects of it that others have. But I do think it has prevented me from gaining weight. Hasn't magically lost any weight for me, but I haven't gained. It's made my period regular. And it helsp to control my glucose levels. But I've heard one of it's best side effects is to use it to assist in conception/fertility issues. Something like that. Look it up. I'd suggest talking to your doctor about it. As far as I'm aware there aren't any serious side effects that would be bad for you if you took it and didn't have PCOS. Some doctors even prescribe it for weight loss although that's not why I'm on it. But what I'll warn you about is the diarrhea aspect. That's the worst side effect for me. A lot of people experience this but it goes away in a few weeks. I still have issues with it, but I'm dealing with that through over the counter immodium and such until I get my diabetes under control. But I read many stories about how women conceived using Metformin. Maybe you just need a little push.

Anyway, if you want kids then defnitely work to figure out a solution to your problem. I'm now 36 husband/childless because I hid behind my weight for many years. I'd recommend to any woman to figure out early on if they want kids cause you may wake up one day and realize that it's too late.

Metformin, Look into it. Don't give up. Good Luck!
aliasihaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 01:53 PM   #3  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Hopefully you will get everything straightened out and focus on having that family. Don't pressure yourself too much and worry, focus on your health right now even though you can't see a dr. Do things like cutting your carbs and sugars down, eating 3 meals a day and a snack. Try to lose weight and everything will work out when the time is right. Don't give up but also you may be putting to much pressure on yourself. Things happen when they are suppose too, you can't force things to happen. If you were meant to be that mom you are hoping for then it will happen when the time is right Have some faith in yourself
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote