Old 01-18-2012, 12:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 155/155/125

Height: 5'2"

Default Favorite HNS's

Hi everyone! Just started the plan and am finding some of the HNS's are yucky!! (Grapefruit, blech!) What are some of your favorites? Also, do the puddings count as a HNS? So, for the snack one between lunch and dinner, could I take one of those?

Thanks so much - this forum is great!!
Lilmiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

Hey!

I agree - I'm not overly fond of the grapefruit... and I cannot stand the peach/mango (yuck). But, I think it's a matter of taste. On my program, the pudding is considered a creamy supplement and I'm only allowed one per day.

I like the mixed berry concentrate (kinda like cherry Koolaid) and pink lemonade is my favorite. It's usually my "go to" drink. I also get the orange concentrate and grape concentrate for some variety... and the strawberry banana gelatin is also considered a clear. (It's really good warmed up with some cinnamon in it...takes like a hot wassal...).

For the creamies, I like the double chocolate pudding, the hot cocoa and the decaf cappuccino. They are nice to have at night after dinner, when I haven't had a bar or creamy all day...
rachels77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:21 PM   #3  

Thanks!! I will definitely be getting some of the Double Chocolate Pudding!!! Have you ever tried the Hot cocoa with decaf coffee instead of water? Thinking it might be a great mocha!?
Old 01-18-2012, 01:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

Nope... never tried that, but I think a few have here... I also think there's a post somewhere about drink mixes to change things up a bit... something about rootbeer floats and dreamcycles...

I haven't really mixed mine with anything but cinnamon in my strawberry banana gelatin... it was yummy though... someone also told me they tried the orange concentrate heated up with cinnamon and it was a nice warm drink...

You might try asking your center if they have any samples available so you wouldn't have to try a whole box, ... sometimes I think there's a "trade" basket where you can bring what doesn't work and trade for different varieties. That's the worst part ... getting stuck with something that you don't like. So far, I've been pretty lucky with the exception of the peach mango... to me it takes like penicillian
rachels77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 239.5/see ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

My favorite clear is the kiwi melon concentrate, it tastes like a jolly rancher green apple. I just cut open the package and drink it. I've gotten away from the powder hns for everyday because I hate having to have a bottle to shake it in. I do love the puddings, coco and capp. I get the grape and pomegranate concentrate for variety. When I was drinking the powders my fav was the mango. But you are going to have to try for yourself since like Rachels77 said she didn't like one I just loved. Matter of tastes. Good luck finding what you like. And do try the swap basket if just can't stomach something.
Fluffy in Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:58 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 260/245.5/160

Height: 5'7"

Another vote for the Kiwi Melon - my favorite so far. Yes, it tastes like green apple! I've also tried:
Wildberry Passion - liked (tastes like a berry/fruity drink)
Cranberry Grape - dislike (not enough cran/grape flavor)
Peach Mango - like (tastes more peach than mango - pretty sweet)
Mixed Fruit Fiber - like (tastes like a stronger/sweeter Hawaiian Punch)

Yes, the puddings (creamy supplements) count as an HNS. I can have one per day as well. I've read the Double Chocolate Pudding is good (w/peppermint extract for a little zip) and the Vanilla Pudding (w/almond extract). I also read that the Tomato Basil Soup is gross.
LeoTheLioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:30 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 192.5/175/160

Height: 5'8"

My current favorite HNS is the orange drink mixed in a cup of hot great earth decaf tea (which is a spiced tea flavored with orange)

I also like to mix the lemon drink in hot green decaf tea and add a wedge of lemon. the green tea is good with the mango/peach drink too.

I absolutely hate the puddings. I have tried them with several different extracts and ended up bringing them back to the center and put them in the "swap" bin.

The hot cocoa is good.
faerychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:43 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 230/197/165

Height: 5'6"

I love the pomegranate concentrate and orange the best. Didn't care for cranberry grape powder at all
fatburningmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:29 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 239.5/see ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoTheLioness View Post
I also read that the Tomato Basil Soup is gross.
I agree!!! It was so aweful I couldn't even eat the meal I made it with. Then I took the rest of the box in for a swap.

If you want a dip for you fruit, take the hot coco and mix it with a little cold water (can do it with the pudding too). Just enough until it is dip consistency. Yum.
Fluffy in Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 04:24 PM   #10  
Dit250

I'm starting day 1 (again) today, but last time I did this, I really enjoyed the clear concentrates. The powders are too high maintenance sometimes. I love blue raspberry, and kiwi, along with orange and mixed berry. Also,can't wait till day 11 so I can have those chocolate and vanilla meal replacement shakes. Very tasty and ready to go.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:04 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 192.5/175/160

Height: 5'8"

I know a lot of people don't like the tomato basil soup, but I really like it. Having it right now - I like to add pureed cooked cauliflower and parmesean cheese. Makes a creamy delicious lunch

Everyone has different taste buds I guess!
faerychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:18 PM   #12  

Thanks again for all of your suggestions!! It looks like the clear concentrate have the best odds for overall "likeness". I will get some of those when I go to weigh in tomorrow!
Keep up the great work everyone - you can do it!!