Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 01-09-2012, 08:47 PM   #1  

Default lost in choices

Honestly, any help in narrowing down my choices? sure cost could be an option but I would pay a bit more if quality is better... As of yet any ancillary services aren't that important to me, I can come up with my own personal exercise plan.
I work 1400-2300 so "lunch" is usually to go, and dinner is usually something frozen from home, about 5 days a week. We usually don't have much left overs because we are only 2 people and are tastes are very different. As a result if we make our own meals the cost is still fairly high.
so
I see there appears to be quite a few fans of wonderslim which I haven't heard of yet. Are there any sites that review it and give a break down?
I am also concerned because at first glance the website isn't impressive and the bbb has an alert
Quote:
"Mail sent to this company was returned by the post office as "moved; left no forward address," "forward order has expired," or "unable to locate." The Bureau cannot trace addresses of companies or principals. General information is available upon request which may assist you. "
Medifast seemed to be the best overall at the diet comparison site I looked at....
I haven’t seen too much info weight watchers ??
Also I have a big concern being able to just try something out. I don’t want to prepay for the year nor do I want to get stuck with something I can’t cancel. I can afford some of the plans but I can’t in any way deal with being overcharged.
Any advice is welcome.
Thanks.
91sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:01 PM   #2  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

I only have experience with Nutrisystem and Medifast.

Even though the Nutrisystem food itself costs less than Medifast, it cost more in the long run, because you have to add fruits, veggies, and dairy to every meal.

Nutrisystem's dinners are more like real food than Medifast. But after a few months, I was DYING to eat real food that I cooked. With Medifast I get to eat real food once a day, and I have lots of good low carb recipes from my South Beach Diet cookbooks.

I lasted on Nutrisystem a few months, only lost about 15 pounds, and then got completely frustrated with the food and the slow weight loss. I've been on Medifast since April, have lost 70 pounds, and am still motivated to keep going.

Forgot to add - you can order Medifast 2 weeks at a time, but I think you'll have to pay for shipping that way.

Good luck with your choice - I hope other people have more input for you.

Last edited by Riddy; 01-09-2012 at 10:04 PM.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:50 PM   #3  
TOY

Well, I've done Medifast, NutriSystem, Weight Watchers, and other plans but to date I like WonderSlim the best.

The taste is better to me and the convenience is better than any other plan I have tried. Better yet, it satisfies me and I don't experience hunger for things I cannot have.

I'm retired now and it would be silly to say that money is not a factor but since I place a priority on this, it really isn't...yet this still is the most economical plan I've done. I've done programs with weekly meetings and I've done programs under a doctor's supervision.

I still believe that any program will work for some part of the population...otherwise why would it still be in use? However, the key is finding what works best for you and your lifestyle. No matter how could a program is, it will not work unless you follow it.

I've wasted lots of money and time over the years before my mindset was determined to make this work. That may be the difference I am having with this program. Unfortunately, they all seemed to work for a season. What I had to discover for myself was a program that I could sustain over a long period of time without getting bored, etc. Again, so far I have found that with WonderSlim although I am the first to admit that I have only participated in this for 41 days.

My suggestion would be to compare and contrast the plans...perhaps even on paper and find the program that you can best adapt to your lifestyle. If you enjoy cooking and creating in the kitchen, a program with the replacement shakes may not be your best option. I like the convenience of having to only plan/make one meal a day but that may not work for you.

Whatever you decide, I wish you success on the journey.
TOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:32 PM   #4  

Default Numeasure

I recently tried numeasure and their food was pretty tasty. I like that it is freshly prepared.
Joannavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 06:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 198/158/145

Height: 5'7

I've tried Jenny Craig, Nutrisystem and Freshology. For me Nutrisystem was almost inedible but it was very cheap cost-wise. Jenny Craig was OK - some food was good and some I didn't care for. Freshology has the best tasting food by far (and healthiest) but it is VERY expensive. Sometimes they have good "special deals" and I buy a 4-6 week program.

A guy where I work is on Diet-to-Go and he likes it for the most part. I'm wondering about the Fresh Diet which I've gotten a couple of brochures about. I may try that when my current Freshology program stops.
Alenna 52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:56 AM   #6  

I've heard a lot of great things about wonderslim, but never had a chance to try it. Isn't that the ones whom make the shakes?
FattyFatFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:01 AM   #7  

My concern with W's is variety...not many choices,I get bored easily
Old 01-20-2012, 04:59 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joannavan View Post
I recently tried numeasure and their food was pretty tasty. I like that it is freshly prepared.
found deal at groupon for this,m under detroit

Last edited by 91sgirl; 01-20-2012 at 05:00 AM.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:22 PM   #9  

I am very disappointed with the Numeasure diet. It is very high in sodium and extremely low in fiber. There is nothing fresh--no lettuce, no fruit. "Fries" were disgustingly limp and greasy. I plan to opt out of the other 3 weeks. Probably will pay thru the nose.
auntieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:51 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 110/189/110

Height: 5'4

i used nutrisystem it works for me never tried anything else :X
i33BabyGirl33i is offline   Reply With Quote