Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 01-12-2012, 11:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 238/197/150

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up My Mini :)

I've noticed that setting weekly mini-goals for myself feels a lot more attainable than even a monthly mini-goal.. so, since I have a wacky schedule at work and my weeks start on Fridays and I get to start it tomorrow (!), my mini goal for the week is to wake up 20 minutes earlier and exercise for 20 minutes in the morning, eat more veggies for lunch at work and go for a walk after I get home from work in the evening.

These are things that I can do, and I will do them.

Oh yeah, and my triumph of the past week was that I went on vacation for a week and came back and didn't gain a single pound.. and my neighbor actually told me that I looked skinnier than when I left!

Last edited by Huzzahforska; 01-12-2012 at 11:31 PM.
Huzzahforska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 202/See Tracker/130

Height: 5'1"

I love your attitude!! "There are things that I can do, and I will do them" - that's definitley the attitude we all need! I set myself a mini goal for 2 months... but every week I set myself another mini goal, and i find it more attainable as well... My overall mini goal is because I'm going on a cruise, and let's face it, I WANT TO LOOK HOT! I am nervous though because I'm going the Medifast diet, which is a meal replacement plan, and exercising thru a bootcamp 3 days a week, and trying to exercise on my own for 2 days by doing some cardio on the bike - I feel like a week at sea is going to make me balloon on the pounds! How'd you manage to not gain a pound!?
gimmeMYbodyBACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:24 AM   #3  

Honestly, it was mostly just moderation. I am a calorie counter so I still eat what I want but I just eat a lot less of it. I also drank a LOT of water to avoid water weight gain, since I was going to a different altitude, and I made sure to make some time to exercise somehow every day.. even if it was just walking around the neighborhood for a while or wrestling around with my fiance (which is a lot more fun than walking!). There are plenty of things to do to get your heartbeat up while on your cruise! A lot of cruise ships even have a gym on them, I hear!
Old 01-17-2012, 08:40 PM   #4  

I forgot all about this, but I realized it this morning when I was getting ready for work.. It's definitely something to be proud of! I had to buy new, smaller underwear last week because the underwear I had were too big and weren't staying put at work.. and today I really felt great about putting on new, smaller underwear.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:44 PM   #5  
pick your hard

S/C/G: 240/192/145

Good job! Apart from the mini goals I also count the times I have resisted temptation till now. If I make it to 20, I will celebrate by printing it on a T-shirt.
Kitcherella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:46 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/ see ticker /147

Height: 5/4

Setting weekly mini goals is a great idea, keep up the great work!
roxybabay is offline   Reply With Quote