Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 02:11 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday 1/17/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 01-17-2012, 02:54 AM   #2  
C'est la vie...

S/C/G: 202/163/140?

Height: 5'3"

Looks like I get to be first today I hope that everyone has a great day as they go about working and doing whatever it is that needs to be done today.

I have 6+ hrs of work then 6+ hours of new classes starting. Wish me luck as my schedule is getting all screwy now. I get home about 3:15pm and have to gather my dinner stuff head to a long class then eat then another long class then home...I know the end results of both of these are worth it, but it sure is hard sometimes until I get back into the groove of doing it all...(I'm starting to panic that I won't be able to stay OP even though I know my hubby will help me as much as possible) EEK...
Old 01-17-2012, 03:25 AM   #3  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskastarr View Post
Looks like I get to be first today I hope that everyone has a great day as they go about working and doing whatever it is that needs to be done today.

I have 6+ hrs of work then 6+ hours of new classes starting. Wish me luck as my schedule is getting all screwy now. I get home about 3:15pm and have to gather my dinner stuff head to a long class then eat then another long class then home...I know the end results of both of these are worth it, but it sure is hard sometimes until I get back into the groove of doing it all...(I'm starting to panic that I won't be able to stay OP even though I know my hubby will help me as much as possible) EEK...
Just keep focused. And keep your eye on the prize!! Stay strong to don't go astray.... Just tell yourself you are worth it!!!!
Old 01-17-2012, 05:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 269/234.2/160

Height: 5'10.75"

It's bad, but I didn't eat dinner or a snack last night. I went straight to bed, then the medicine to bring down my fever made me sleep more. I've been too weak to walk downstairs and to be honest I am not hungry at all ); I do have a large bottle of water next to me for hydration, though. When people start waking up I'll ask one of my siblings or parents to make some eggs for me.

Last edited by BACKDROPsilhouette; 01-17-2012 at 05:23 AM.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:

Imo as long as you are organized and prepared I think you will be fine. I usually make a few days worth of meat on Sunday night and make my lunch veggie and sometimes supper veggie the night before after the kids go to bed. I have found a few baby dill pickles does wonders if you are hungry. It is so nice your husband is supportive. Sounds like a keeper You will do just fine. Just believe in yourself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKDROPsilhouette View Post
It's bad, but I didn't eat dinner or a snack last night. I went straight to bed, then the medicine to bring down my fever made me sleep more. I've been too weak to walk downstairs and to be honest I am not hungry at all ); I do have a large bottle of water next to me for hydration, though. When people start waking up I'll ask one of my siblings or parents to make some eggs for me.
Hopefully it is just a quick 1 day bug. I know it is hard to eat when all you want to do is sleep I hope you feel better.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Good Morning IPeeps,
Weigh in # 9 this morning, another 1.2 pounds gone!!
Old 01-17-2012, 06:57 AM   #7  
On IP since Jan 5, 2012

S/C/G: 267.2/210.2/140

Height: 5'6''

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
Good Morning IPeeps,
Good job! Keep it up!
Old 01-17-2012, 07:20 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/150.4/135

Height: 5'8 3/4"

Morning all...

No idea it was going to snow today and there's a delayed opening I didn't bother checking for...grrrr

TOM has come for the FOURTH time in 2 months and 7 days I've been on the diet. Nice. Figured it out and I'm averaging 21 days between TOM start days- two weeks off and one week on. Hate that but love this diet so I can't complain too much about a minor inconvenience

Hope everyone has a great OP day!
Old 01-17-2012, 07:37 AM   #9  

Good Morning everyone! So it's not an official weigh in, because that isn't until Friday, but I wanted to try out my new scale! So far, I've lost 4lbs this week! I hoping it stays off and then some! I also love that I can now measure BF, water and muscle so I can track my progress better. I don't have any numbers to complare other than BF. I was measured at work in July of last year and my BF is 5% less! I'm pretty pumped about that and can't wait to see the numbers change for the better!

Have a great OP day!
Old 01-17-2012, 07:38 AM   #10  
Started IP Jan 14/12

S/C/G: 242/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

good morning all. Well I made it through day 3 and the megga headache! I'm feeling good this morning and quite motivated - I'm in ketosis!!! I also had a quick peek at the scale and looks like I'm down about 4 lbs...can't wait till my official weigh-in next Monday.

Hope you all have a good OP day
Old 01-17-2012, 07:39 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacitaof2 View Post
Good Morning everyone! So it's not an official weigh in, because that isn't until Friday, but I wanted to try out my new scale! So far, I've lost 4lbs this week! I hoping it stays off and then some! I also love that I can now measure BF, water and muscle so I can track my progress better. I don't have any numbers to complare other than BF. I was measured at work in July of last year and my BF is 5% less! I'm pretty pumped about that and can't wait to see the numbers change for the better!

Have a great OP day!
Mamacita,
What scale did you get?
Old 01-17-2012, 08:02 AM   #12  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Good Morning IPeeps,
woo hoo! great job!
Old 01-17-2012, 08:25 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Quote:

It's all about planning ahead and making sure you have what you need with you. You'll do great as long as you have everything ready to go. I try and make it as easy as possible on myself. That's great about your hubby too!! Sounds like a keeper, you'll do fine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKDROPsilhouette View Post
Take care of yourself. The diet will be here when you're feeling better. With a fever that high your body is trying to fight something off for sure.

Quote:
Good Morning IPeeps,
WooHoo!!!! WTG!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacitaof2 View Post

Have a great OP day!
That's awesome, I love my scale. I'm currently kind of obsessed with the water content feature on mine. It said in the pamphlet for women that it should be about 50% and I can't get mine above 42%. I'm assuming it's because it's a) probably not very accurate (I drink no less than 4L a day now) and b) because so much of my body mass is fat it will go up as I lose weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernfawn View Post
good morning all. Well I made it through day 3 and the megga headache! I'm feeling good this morning and quite motivated - I'm in ketosis!!! I also had a quick peek at the scale and looks like I'm down about 4 lbs...can't wait till my official weigh-in next Monday.

Hope you all have a good OP day
Great job!! Hope you have a great day 4!!
Old 01-17-2012, 08:38 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Good morning!!

I am feeling pretty good today. It's funny, even though my weight never changes that much day to day I have days where I just wake up feeling skinny. Today is one of those days. I know I still have a long way to go for my little short frame (5'2" is pushing it), but it's fun to feel skinny some days.

Taking the kids to the zoo this morning. I have my puffs packed, but I need to get some more easy to carry veggies because I am just going to have to wait until we get back to eat those (steamed broccoli / cauliflower). My staples are pepper strips and cucumbers, but thankfully I need to go to Sam's today anyways and will stock up there.

I hope everyone has a great OP day!!
Old 01-17-2012, 08:49 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Good morning!!

I am feeling pretty good today. It's funny, even though my weight never changes that much day to day I have days where I just wake up feeling skinny. Today is one of those days. I know I still have a long way to go for my little short frame (5'2" is pushing it), but it's fun to feel skinny some days.

Taking the kids to the zoo this morning. I have my puffs packed, but I need to get some more easy to carry veggies because I am just going to have to wait until we get back to eat those (steamed broccoli / cauliflower). My staples are pepper strips and cucumbers, but thankfully I need to go to Sam's today anyways and will stock up there.

I hope everyone has a great OP day!!
I know what you mean, especially being 5'2" myself. When I put on jeans that are baggy in the behind I feel "skinny". Someone at work told me I was getting smaller in both directions...side to side and back to front. Talk about helping that skinny feeling.
Good luck to eveyrone staying OP today.
Closed Thread