I joined just so I could contribute to this thread!
I was so excited to see someone else using other methods for Medifast. I love the program but the food can become a little boring and expensive after awhile. So I have started baking my own bars, and making my own shakes, ect.. with Whey protein powders. SO I thought I would add one of my FAVORITE new recipes, A high protein, low calorie, low carb Carrot Cake Protein bar. That falls within the medifast programs limits of carbs, calories, and protein.
1 cup oat flour (put plain oatmeal in a blender until powdery)
2 scoops vanilla whey protein (I use body fortress Whey Protein Vanilla)
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp allspice
1/8 tsp nutmeg
2 egg whites
1 egg white
3/4 cup Stevia in the raw
8 oz pureed carrots (Can use bab yfood carrots too, I used organic..)
2 oz water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix flour, whey protein, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl.
3. Mix egg whites, stevia, carrots, and water (optional) in a bowl.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together.
5. Spray 8x8 glass pyrex dish with non-stick butter spray.
6. Pour ingredients into dish.
7. Bake for 20-30 minutes.
8. Cool and cut into 8 equal size bars and enjoy
This is a meal, not your lean and green.
119 calories, 12 carbs, 10 g protein
Last edited by trennarene; 01-15-2012 at 11:45 PM.