Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-12-2012, 11:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 196/133/145

Height: 5'4

Default what kettlebell DVD to buy?

I have used kettlebells a few times at the gym and enjoyed them. I am wanting to buy a few for home but am pretty clueless as far as what types of exercises to do with them for abs, legs, etc. Do you have any suggestions for what Kettlebell DVD's to buy? Does not matter to me if the DVD's come with or without the Kettlebells since I have to buy those anyway.

Would prefer to find some sold in local stores as opposed to having to order on line.........Looking very forward to hear your suggestions. I do a lot of cardio now at the gym and some wieght/resistance training but do to the new year the Gym is PACKED so would love to find something that I can do at home makes me sweat like crazy/keep my heart rate up while also getting the benefits of toning with the weights.
kat618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/220/150

Height: 5'6

i have kettleworx and kettlegenics
kettleworx you can find at target its a whole 6weeks program, it kicks my butt everytime i use it.
i love kettlegenics as well
the good thing with the kettleworx it also has a 10min videos for those days your in a rush or just tired.
all the videos are 20mins long and intense.
BABYPHAT4ME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 196/133/145

Height: 5'4

Thank you so much for your reply. I am getting very tired of having to fight at the gym this time of year for my machines/weights......what size kettlebells do I buy? When I do Jillians tapes I use 5 and 8lb weights so no clue what size's I need to get. I am going to Target in the morning hopefully they have them if not I have several sporting good stores in my area.
kat618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I would also recommend a book--"Enter the Kettlebell" by Pavel. It explains the basic moves as well as safety. I also bought "Kettlebells for Dummies". Both are in line with the RKC.

I havent bought any DVDs, but I have seen videos on the Internet or clips in tv shows where some of the moves are unsafe.

As for the weight, I would start with what you have. You can always go out and buy heavier ones. I started with a 10 pounder at the gym and now use anything from 15-35 depending on the move. With some moves, it takes very little time to move up.

Good luck!!!
jenjen is offline   Reply With Quote