View Single Post
Old 07-23-2003, 10:23 PM   #8
jiffypop
Old Cackler

kaplods... sounds like you have a lot of stuff to work out. and that's the way it should be!!! it took me two years of research and thinking to decide this is what i had to do.

i'm 18 months post op, and i still have bad days. the first three months sucked. but they ended!!!!!!!

I had my annual check up with my PCP and i have iron deficiency anemia. it was caught early, but it's directly related to the surgery. it's all ok. just have to supplement off and on for the rest of my life.

talk to as many people as you can find. check out www.partnershipinweightcontrol.com the owner is an RN who also had the surgery, and she's a pioneer in the aftercare of wls patients. she knows her stuff.

post with us, and we'll do what we can. but bottom line, it's in your hands. and no one will criticize you if you decide it's not for you. but you DO owe it to yourself to do the research.

start: 506 [Sept 2001]
weight at gastric bypass [Jan 29, 2002]: 409
current weight: 225
weight for plastic surgery: 200
final goal: 180

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not medical advice. See your physician before taking advice found on the internet.