Old 01-11-2012, 01:28 PM   #1  

Default Do you weigh yourself daily???

Hello!!!! I'm new to Ideal Protein and I've been really excited about the idea of losing weight. I would like to lose 20-25 pounds. I've been weighing myself daily. Although, I've become frustrated because some days I don't see the scale move. I'm wondering if a person is doing the diet correctly, will they see the scale move daily or at least every two days (even if its only ounces)??? I just finished my first week and lost 2.5 pounds !!! I'm doing the alternate program which allows three group choices. I realize I will lose at a slower pace. I'm just curious. Thank you in advance!!!!
calmommy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:31 PM   #2  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

If you read yesterday's Daily thread I posted something about this.....there is a thread about weighing everyday as well.....

You may be losing a pound a day for now but what will you do when you step on the scale and gain 2lbs for no apparent reason? Just be prepared for that! there is NO NEED to step on that scale EVERYDAY, i know its a control thing BUT it will start to stress you out when you see the numbers go up. Trust me I have been around the boards now for 7 months and those who have had a tendency to weigh everyday don't any longer because your body does crazy stuff. Just my 2 cents, be prepared in advance and don't freak out!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/150.4/135

Height: 5'8 3/4"

I used to only weigh myself at home on WI day mornings (you know- first thing and completely empty lol) but recently I've been getting on more often. Lately I've been doing it more and been okay with it but you DEF have to be prepared to see the scale go up for no discernible reason - otherwise I would stay off.
TracyAWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:39 PM   #4  

Awesome, I will look in for that thread. Thank you so much. I really want this to be the last plan I follow to lose the weight. Congrats on your success.
calmommy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmommy3 View Post
Hello!!!! I'm new to Ideal Protein and I've been really excited about the idea of losing weight. I would like to lose 20-25 pounds. I've been weighing myself daily. Although, I've become frustrated because some days I don't see the scale move. I'm wondering if a person is doing the diet correctly, will they see the scale move daily or at least every two days (even if its only ounces)??? I just finished my first week and lost 2.5 pounds !!! I'm doing the alternate program which allows three group choices. I realize I will lose at a slower pace. I'm just curious. Thank you in advance!!!!
I weigh myself everyday, but as I've said before you really have to know yourself and how you will react to not seeing the scale move everyday because it won't. There are some weeks for me the scale moved a little every day, other weeks (like this past week) it didn't move till the 6th day. Now today I got on the scale and it moved more than a pound overnight. My point being everyone is different and no one week will be the same as the week before. I don't obsess over the scale, but if I did I would just put it away. Bottom line is - if you get frustrated not seeing the scale move then I would suggest putting it away till your weigh in day.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:55 PM   #6  
INACTIVE

I just want to chime in and say that I am doing this entire diet completely blind to what I weigh. I haven't known my weight for more than 10 years. When I go to my WI's, I close my eyes on the scale and I don't know what my inches are--just what I've lost. So, if I can do this and not depend on a daily number from a scale, maybe you can try to put it away for a week and see how you feel. I'm definitely not trying to say that my way is better or trying to be preachy, just letting you know that the scale doesn't have to define your day, everyday.
SomedayBubblySomeday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:59 PM   #7  
strated IP Sept.26 2011

S/C/G: 266/173.8/180

Height: 5'9

I don't weigh myself everyday. I was getting frustrted and stressed out when it wasn't moving so my husband took my scale away with him to work.( he's gone for 2 weeks at a time) I still get curious but its a really nice surprise to see how much my hard work has paid off at my weigh in's each week
frazzledmom04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:02 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 147/147/130

Height: 5'0

I will NEVER weigh myself everyday, I know myself, I'll get too obsessive and feel sad if/when it goes up.

I weigh myself on Sat. mornings at home just before I head out to my actual WI.
Trinique125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:08 PM   #9  
Amazing will be me

i weigh daily , sometimes i skip a day.

Some call it obsessive i call it keeping a check on progress and if im gaining or maintaining .........i can try n turn it around before recording weigh day
lucky8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:57 PM   #10  
it's my time to shine!

S/C/G: 240/150/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
I weigh myself everyday, but as I've said before you really have to know yourself and how you will react to not seeing the scale move everyday because it won't. There are some weeks for me the scale moved a little every day, other weeks (like this past week) it didn't move till the 6th day. Now today I got on the scale and it moved more than a pound overnight. My point being everyone is different and no one week will be the same as the week before. I don't obsess over the scale, but if I did I would just put it away. Bottom line is - if you get frustrated not seeing the scale move then I would suggest putting it away till your weigh in day.

I am the EXACT same way..... it keeps me honest!
Mom3LoveBugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:24 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

I posted this in the daily but thought I'd cut and paste it over here too....

I did that and it was a vicious cycle of "HOW COME IT'S NOT MORE". So if you are in that cycle, please think about putting your scale away as the stress of that cycle can help you keep the weight on!! I've had my scale put away within the first 6-8 weeks of the program, my VIP took it to his house and hid it away (for a while it was in his trunk lol). It's liberating and so much less stressful.

Remember "it doesn't matter what the scale says, it isn't going to change what I do tomorrow". Your weight didn't happen over night, it will not be gone over night...I won't meet my goal this week or even next week so no matter what the scale says, I'll still be plugging away!
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 07:53 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 249.4/see ticker/152

Height: 5'6"

I weigh myself everyday too. But I get the weight, input it into my spreadsheet and don't stress over it. It helps me to discern if I am doing something incorrectly and get it corrected before it becomes a bigger problem. I don't stress out when the scale doesn't move for 2 or 3 days but I DO start looking at my food diary and thinking about other things I am doing or ingesting when I gain more than a pound.

I need to say that I no longer have the monthly ups & downs that go along with being a younger woman and my weight is fairly steady because of that so I do have that advantage.

And I must say 2.5 pounds is a very good loss on the alternate plan! Way to go!!!
galpal445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:09 AM   #13  

I also weigh myself every day; though I am contemplating sticking to just once per week. I feel that I'm getting to obsessed about it...I sometime weight myself twice a day. I feel I need to focus more on the whole picture...how my clothes fit, NSV and inches. I'm doing the AP so I obviously do my own weigh in's and measurements.
mamacitaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:14 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

I weigh in daily. I also take a picture with my mobile phone when I'm at a new low! :-) Keeps me motivated.
seaurchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:42 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 177/177/120

Height: 5'2"

I used to weigh myself daily, found it a little discouraging. For the first time I have resisted to weekly. Daily fluctuations seem to demotivate me especially when I have been really careful.... maybe it's just me
marie montreal is offline   Reply With Quote