Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 03:46 PM   #1  

Question Has anyone considered having any tucks after??

Has anyone else thought about having a tummy tuck after they are at goal? I am worried cause i had so much to lose that my skin wont shrink back enough to look reasonably normal. I know that some insurances will cover skin removal after weightloss surgery but i dont know about after dieting weight loss.
Old 07-23-2003, 05:12 PM   #2  

Hi! I definetly want to have something done when I reach my goal. Now, being able to afford it is another question. But if it is at all possible I will get it done because no matter what I do I will never be able to get rid of this extra skin on my own. Time to start saving!

Beverly
Old 07-23-2003, 05:13 PM   #3  
Token rooster

Height: 6'2

its hit or miss in terms of insurance. i already have loose skin and i know it is only going to get worse.

i'll probably get the surgery at some point down the line...most doctors would require that you maintain your goal weight for at least 6 months before they perform the surgery.

I remember there being a few threads about this in the past on this forum (with lots of usefull information and links).
Old 07-23-2003, 06:46 PM   #4  
Born Loser

S/C/G: 490/See Tracker/245

I would like to but I don't know if I ever would. I'm married and my wife does not care about such things so the motivation is not as great as it could be. I just want to look decent in my clothes. As long as I can do that I'm fine. I don't know if I would be willing to take the risk involved with any surjury just to get some excess skin removed.
Old 07-23-2003, 07:07 PM   #5  

Default Nip and Tuck?

I think that I will have to have some plastic surgery after I am done my weight loss journey. My highest weight was 413 and, although with exercise I am toning quite a bit, I see some extra stuff not coming together. I still have quite a bit to go but thinking practically I will most likely need this.

My sister just told me that most insurance companies will pay for plastic surgery after extreme weight loss because you can have health problems from hanging extra skin. She read it in her new Blue Cross/Blue Shield manual. So, it may be something to check out with your insurance company.

Lisa.
Old 07-23-2003, 07:34 PM   #6  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...ht=excess+skin

Just to start you off, Julie. Or you can do a search on Excess Skin or Loose Skin, up at the top where all the buttons for journals & stuff are.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=22067

Last edited by SuchAPrettyFace; 07-23-2003 at 07:39 PM.
Old 07-23-2003, 07:35 PM   #7  

Oh Gosh i hope so cause i dont want to lose all this weight and look hot is clothes then look like a elderly basset hound when naked if my skin doesnt shrink on its own!
Old 07-23-2003, 07:42 PM   #8  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

Yeah, I don't want people calling me Shar-Pei behind my back, hahahahaha
Old 07-23-2003, 07:54 PM   #9  

Thanks Aimee! I still have a long way to go and a long time to think about it. My sister is having WLS on september 3rd and she is looking at info on it too. I just hope before then insurance approval will get easier to obtain so that if i need it i wont have to pay for it all.
Old 07-24-2003, 10:04 AM   #10  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

OH YES!!!!!

I'm not going to kill myself losing weight and then look like a Sharpei (one of those wrinkle dogs) afterwards. I want to be able to wear one of those little crop tops and show off my flat belly.

In Ontario the health care system will cover a tummy tuck IF you keep the weight off for a year.
Old 07-24-2003, 04:24 PM   #11  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Tummy tuck - Yep!!

Arms & thighs - If necessary.

Boob lift - Oh ya!!!

When I make it, I don't care if insurance covers it or not. I will hock the house to have it done!!
Old 07-24-2003, 04:38 PM   #12  

I would love to have it ALL done!!! I can already tell that I'm going to have lots of extra skin, but our insurance doesn't cover it, and it's WAY expensive. I'll just have to live with it, but I know my DH doesn't care (he hasn't even noticed or said a word that I've lost over 130 pounds!!), and I'm sure I'll still look better in my clothes and definitely be healthier. I'll have to settle for that.
Old 07-24-2003, 05:06 PM   #13  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Ok - none of my business, but your telling me that you have lost 130 lbs and hubby has not said one word. I'm sure there is no way he could have not noticed. You've lost a whole person!!

What does he say about the fact that you eat differently that the rest of the family??
Old 07-24-2003, 05:12 PM   #14  

He doesn't say anything at all. He gets frustrated because he wants to go out to places like Carlos O'Kellys, and I'll only go to Applebees because I know I can get a half a chicken salad there. He knows I'm dieting and working hard, and I tell him how much I've lost, but he never says a word.

It's frustrating to me to say the least, but he doesn't seem to care. I even said to him the other day, "I've lost 130 pounds and you haven't even noticed," and he said, "I've noticed," but that's it.

I don't what it will take any more to get his attention, but my teenager daughters are really supportive and helpful and of course you guys are all great, so I don't feel like I'm in this alone.
Old 07-24-2003, 06:21 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

I haven't noticed much loose skin, but then I have only lost about half of what I need to lose. I figure saggy skin comes with the age anyway. Plus my DH doesn't care.

My son was telling me that he and his wife are starting the Atkins diet. They are both 30, and, yeah, she gained a bit after having a baby, but she's maybe a 6 or 8 instead of a 2 or something like that. And my son has always looked great. So I told him that I was miffed because nobody noticed I'd lost 47 lbs., and since we're seeing him Sunday (he lives out-of-state, but is coming to a city near us), he better say something! He assured me that he would start working on his speech right after we hung up. He better!

I know my DH doesn't say much because he's afraid to. I think it's the thing about if he says I look good now, then he'll be implying I didn't 47 lbs. ago. It's kind of funny to watch him squirm around that!
Closed Thread