Old 09-26-2011, 11:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Height: 5'8"

Default The scale is making me crazy!

Against my center's advice, I started weighing everyday. I thought it would help me stay focused. But the opposite has happened. It making me nuts: down .5, then .4 more, yahoo, then UP 1.2!! Arrrrg! I am going to stop and only weigh at the center.
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:35 PM   #2  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

I'm a calorie counter, not involved with MRC, but I can totally relate! I don't even own a scale for this reason
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:01 PM   #3  

Thanks for the reminder not to try to peek everyday. I find that I'm so excited to see downward movement on the scale, that I want to watch it everyday. I think it might be wise for me to stop doing that as I'm afraid I might sabbotage myself if there was a gain. UGH....life style changes aren't for sissies.
Questions5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 05:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 167/148/130

Height: 5'3"

OH....lol. I am absolutely obsessed with weighing. I weigh morning and nights on days I work 12 hrs and multiple times during the day on my off days. I don't think I could NOT weigh everyday. I already know exactly what my weight is when I go to the center.... which I guess doesn't really make it exciting...
InfiinityFreshman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:17 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/215/155

Height: 5'10"

I weigh myself everyday. I keep track of my food, water and wieght with livestrong.com. It is a great way to see progress but also to monitor what foods are causing the scale to go up when it does. Just do not take it too seriously. I really pay most attention to my Tuesday weigh ins. That is the one day of the week where I determine how I performed in the last week. Good luck.
BOBCAT9976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:11 PM   #6  

If weighing in everyday is weighing you down (ha ha), switch to less often. I do everyday and just accept that fluctuations are going to happen. I actually now see trends in my fluctuations (around TTOM, etc.) and how my body responds to exercise. Even if you step on first thing in the morn then again after breakfast it can be up 2lbs, so the little fluctuations are normal. Look for trending over time. I write down my weight everyday, but I have a separate place that I track only my Monday weight and girth measurements every 2 weeks. That once a week trending gives me a better idea (like when I feel like I'm stuck, but when I look at that I see the overall progress).
nwcgina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:35 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

I agree with nwcgina. I weigh every day or so and see a fluctuation based on my diet, exercise, and stress/sleep. Usually as much as 2 pounds for me. Just don't do it if it stresses you out. It actually makes me feel more in control of what I'm doing if I see that something made my weight go up...
rachels77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:43 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Height: 5'8"

I started this thread a while ago and in general I have changed a lot since I wrote it. I now weigh more or less every day for information only. I do see unexplainable changes sometimes and if they are gains, I still have teeny freak-outs, but overall I am trying to learn what seems to cause what. I am also trying to get in the habit so I won't put my head in the sand when this is all over. It is much easier to get right back on and lose 4 or whatever than to wake up one day with nothing to wear and hating myself again. That said, when I have a feeling it may be up, I still have to talk myself into weighing. Funny but it has NEVER been as bad as I had feared it would be. So while the scale still riles me up a bit, I am really making progress on that front.
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:15 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/215/155

Height: 5'10"

Ugh. My scale says I am down six lbs and the center says three lbs. I was really disappointed yesterday. Oh well, it was down and that is all that really matters.
BOBCAT9976 is offline   Reply With Quote