Old 01-09-2012, 02:42 PM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default Wayward and Wuv's group of helpful people, open to everyone Part 2!!

Good morning everyone.
Time for yet another new thread, this is over 3000 posts our group of people have had and I don't see an end in sight anytime soon.

Please feel free to ask or comment about anything, someone will always have an answer and if not, someone will sure try to find out for you.

It doesn't matter whether this is your first day or your 6th month, all are welcome here.
Just remember, don't judge, and be supportive of one another, because it makes this program that much more enjoyable.

Have a great day everyone, stay positive, and stay OP!![/QUOTE]
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:09 PM   #2  

I tried to send a link on the other page but it was already closed by the time I put it there!!.....they don't play around when the thread hits 500 post its BAM....CLOSED!!....that is ok, we got another one going
Old 01-09-2012, 05:07 PM   #3  

Height: 5'5"

Default hosting a "chocolate heaven" party...what to do?

I have a party planned for Saturday, which I am hosting, but planned it over a month ago. It's a "chocolate heaven" party - basically a chocolate tasting party where everyone gets to try different high-quality chocolate bars, plus a few other treats (flourless chocolate cake, cookies, etc.). Don't know what I was thinking starting this diet before the party.

Anyway....I've been on the plan for one week and lost 7 pounds. I have not cheated. But I'm wondering if I could modify the recipe for the flourless chocolate cake, and still try to stay (moderately) on program. I'm not too worried about the calories, just more with staying in ketosis. Here is my idea for a recipe:

1 large egg
6 tbsp liquid egg whites
1 bar (4 oz) Ghirardelli 100% unsweetened chocolate baking bar
4 tbsp Grapeola grape seed oil
4 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
18 Packets Splenda
1/2 tsp Pure Almond Extract
1/2 tsp Coconut Extract

This would be divided into twelve, so would break down as:

Per Serving: 150 calories 6 g carbs 15 g fat 3 g protein
(Nutritional Info from MyFitnessPal.com)

The carbs aren't so bad, but that's a lot of fat. And I know chocolate per se isn't allowed, but this is 100% chocolate and cocoa - no sugar added.

Okay, I know it's a cheat, but is it a cheat that will throw me out of ketosis? I just don't know what I'll do w/people around me eating all sorts of yummy chocolate that I love. And a protein bar just isn't going to cut it.

Any advice?
panda13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:18 PM   #4  

Here is a recipe that I came along to a while a go but never tried it..Maybe its something you could try....

 Chocolate Pudding Rolls
 Add enough water to the Ideal Protein Diet Chocolate Cake/Pancake for pancake consistency. You will want it to be a bit runny to create a thin pancake (crepe). Cook on both sides. Let cool. Meanwhile, mix pudding flavor of your choice. Once pancake is cool, spread a layer of pudding over top. Take short end of pancake and roll it up, like a "jelly roll." You can enjoy it right away or, wrap with saran wrap. This will hold the shape until you are ready to eat it.
 For entertaining, once the roll has taken shape, you can cut it into small pieces (finger food) and place on a lovely platter. Your guests will love them and you can tell them they won't gain an ounce! Special Topping: Add just enough water to the Ideal Protein Diet Cocoa Drink to make a thick "sauce." Drizzle over Ideal Protein Chocolate Pudding Rolls!
Old 01-09-2012, 05:45 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Panda13 - What about getting some of the chocolate soy puffs to munch on? You could put them in a cute dish and just carry them around with you and nibble on a few at a time. There are lots in the bag and I think they're pretty good.
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:23 PM   #6  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

I think that I would have to go with the puff idea as well. I understand you are the host and all. But the reason you started IP was for the life style change!! One thing I've leared while doing IP is that you learn to be social without food or drinks... And people see you for you! I personally think that no treat is worth the cheat.. if I want something that bad. I think of my first week... So I will just smell it instead. Since smell is about 80% of taste anyways. Then you can have your head held high the whole time!!
JellyMae87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:13 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Wow, new thread time!
WUV I saw on the "daily" thread about your exciting news. If your doctor had already known about the program and was interested in getting into it, I'll bet he couldn't believe his luck when you walked in. What a great opportunity for both of you!
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:27 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Wow, new thread time!
WUV I saw on the "daily" thread about your exciting news. If your doctor had already known about the program and was interested in getting into it, I'll bet he couldn't believe his luck when you walked in. What a great opportunity for both of you!
Thanks Pat, I am very excited. When he said he was going to join as well I was like HE** yea!!!....I get to coach my own dr this is going to be great. They are opening a wellness clinic right next door as well with some exercise programs that we are going to try to incorporate into it. I will keep everyone posted as to what is going on that is for sure. He better get me a computer with internet connection because I will be lost without all of you with me everyday!!!
Old 01-10-2012, 12:49 AM   #9  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Thanks Pat, I am very excited. When he said he was going to join as well I was like HE** yea!!!....I get to coach my own dr this is going to be great. They are opening a wellness clinic right next door as well with some exercise programs that we are going to try to incorporate into it. I will keep everyone posted as to what is going on that is for sure. He better get me a computer with internet connection because I will be lost without all of you with me everyday!!!
Good thing I have your phone number! Muhahah.
JellyMae87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:04 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
Good thing I have your phone number! Muhahah.
LOL....I know right?...Mom and I were disgusting my clothes situation. I will have to get me some scrubs or something to wear....lol...I don't think he will let me wear my jeans.....lol
Old 01-10-2012, 03:40 AM   #11  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda13 View Post
Per Serving: 150 calories 6 g carbs 15 g fat 3 g protein
(Nutritional Info from MyFitnessPal.com)

The carbs aren't so bad, but that's a lot of fat. And I know chocolate per se isn't allowed, but this is 100% chocolate and cocoa - no sugar added.

Okay, I know it's a cheat, but is it a cheat that will throw me out of ketosis? I just don't know what I'll do w/people around me eating all sorts of yummy chocolate that I love. And a protein bar just isn't going to cut it.

Any advice?
Why just cheat with the flowerless cake? After that, what's to stop you from just having a nibble here, and there? And then there's the clean-up, and the licking your fingers. Why not just be a really super, attentive hostess and not bother to eat. Say you're full. That you've smelled so much chocolate, you're not hungry any more -- which for me would b the truth.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:29 AM   #12  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Why just cheat with the flowerless cake? After that, what's to stop you from just having a nibble here, and there? And then there's the clean-up, and the licking your fingers. Why not just be a really super, attentive hostess and not bother to eat. Say you're full. That you've smelled so much chocolate, you're not hungry any more -- which for me would b the truth.
Yeah, I think I'm reconsidering and just going to enjoy the party and sip on some tea or coffee. I wish I could do the soy puffs or pancake, but I don't have those on hand and I doubt they would come by Saturday. I tried making a chocolate pancake w/ some vanilla pudding and chocolate protein powder. Ummm, not so great.

Though to say I smelled so much chocolate I'm not hungry anymore would be a complete lie. I am a chocoholic, and all my friends would know I was lying. I'll have a RTD in the fridge and some bars in the cabinet, so if I really get the munchies I'll just have one of those. And I'll eat lunch right before the party, so I'm not hungry.

Okay, thanks everyone. Needed someone to talk me down.
panda13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:13 PM   #13  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda13 View Post
Yeah, I think I'm reconsidering and just going to enjoy the party and sip on some tea or coffee. I wish I could do the soy puffs or pancake, but I don't have those on hand and I doubt they would come by Saturday. I tried making a chocolate pancake w/ some vanilla pudding and chocolate protein powder. Ummm, not so great.

Though to say I smelled so much chocolate I'm not hungry anymore would be a complete lie. I am a chocoholic, and all my friends would know I was lying. I'll have a RTD in the fridge and some bars in the cabinet, so if I really get the munchies I'll just have one of those. And I'll eat lunch right before the party, so I'm not hungry.

Okay, thanks everyone. Needed someone to talk me down.
My parents took me to the Hershey factory when I was ten and I threw up from the smell. I guess that doesn't help, either?

Last edited by Linden; 01-11-2012 at 12:44 PM.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:28 PM   #14  

Happy to report down another 4lbs!!!...WOOHOO!!!!!
Old 01-11-2012, 07:08 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'9"

I have a lot of things to report since I wrote last.
First, I started student teaching Monday. The first day was a bit emotionally tiring because it hit me that I will no longer be working at the job that I have worked at for the last 7 years and have many friends at and the teacher that I am working with was a bit emotional herself as she had to say goodbye to her oldest son who was leaving to join the marines that day. The rest of the week so far has been good.

Second, I am down a few more pounds, YEA!
I am staying so busy in the school that there is no time to even think about snacking and I am bringing my own lunches and so am leaving myself with little chance of going off track.

3rd, I just learned that I passed all 4 of my licensure tests that I needed to become a special ed teacher. All I have to do now is finish student teaching!

So excited!
Ryuu is offline   Reply With Quote