Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 01:09 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 1/11/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 01-11-2012, 01:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 269/234.2/160

Height: 5'10.75"

I can't fall asleep right now (nearly 2 in the morning) . . . I have a small headache, but I think that's mostly due to the fact that I can't sleep xD

All I can think of is how ready I am to be less than 200 pounds. I've never been under that weight; well under 206 (even with running 45 minutes straight every day and eating right). I just wonder if I'm cut out to get to that point. =/
Old 01-11-2012, 07:59 AM   #3  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKDROPsilhouette View Post
I can't fall asleep right now (nearly 2 in the morning) . . . I have a small headache, but I think that's mostly due to the fact that I can't sleep xD

All I can think of is how ready I am to be less than 200 pounds. I've never been under that weight; well under 206 (even with running 45 minutes straight every day and eating right). I just wonder if I'm cut out to get to that point. =/
You can do it! Just hang in there. Stick with the program, and the weight will come off.

Good OP vibes to everyone today. It's cold down here in Louisiana today and will be getting colder over the next few days. Time to put away the shorts and burn a few logs in the fireplace. Of course, we'll probably be wearing shorts again next week.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:14 AM   #4  
Started IP 10/13/11

Morning,
Headed to my WI! Would love to see the first number as a "1", but that would mean 6 lbs., so will be happy with any loss.
Hope everyone has a wonderful OP day. And remember, you can do this!
Old 01-11-2012, 08:19 AM   #5  
IP start date 1/3/2012

S/C/G: 232/185/160

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning Everyone. Signed up for the Valentines Day Challenge. I am going to do this! I really am excited to see the scale moving closer to 200. My coach said maybe 7 weeks, sounds like a long time but it will fly on by with you all to keep me going!

Last edited by lindac36; 01-11-2012 at 09:14 AM.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:24 AM   #6  
INACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindac36 View Post
I don't know why I am sort of bummed about a six pound loss in week one.
Everyone loses differently. I lost 5 lbs my first week and have averaged around 3 lbs a week since. Be happy that you've done so well!

Has anyone done the cleanse for week 6? My coach said I should do it next week--I would like to know what to expect. Any advice?
Old 01-11-2012, 08:26 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!!! Feeling good today. Went to bed uncharacteristically early for me last night, and now I feel much better. It's finally starting to clear up here today after being overcast most of the past week and raining the past 2 days, but man is it cold!! I thought I was cold natured before, but man on IP I am ALWAYS cold!! I am really looking forward to my morning cappuccino this morning!! Hope everyone has a great OP IP day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcella View Post
Why is it day 6 is worse than day three?? Holy cow I've been really good but for some reason I have been extra hungry today. Had a vanilla shake for breakfast, sweet chard and pudding for lunch, protein bar at 3 and soy patty and zucchini for dinner. I want bread sooooooooooo bad tonight. I don't get this I thought it would get easier. I've been fighting whether I should have another protein pkg. maybe the jello or the yogurt drink will hit the spot. Keep saying yes, no, yes, no. It's 8:30 pm now and still deciding.
You might want to think about switching your afternoon snack to an evening snack. That was what my coach suggested and I know that a lot of people do it that way. I actually have the Jello every night while hubby and I are playing games or watching TV, helps me to feel 'normal' since he usually has a snack then too and it's like a little dessert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4kiddos View Post
So random question ~ I have had two c sections and I am wondering if the flop over "gut" will go away while on the program or will I have to do some major areobic work after I meet goal? Any thoughts or people that have experience with this?
I hope it goes away, but sadly I don't know if it ever will. I've had 2 c-sections too and just from the extra skin that's there I don't know. Starting week 3 though I'm going to start doing some light core exercises just to keep that area toned up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcella View Post
I have a bit of a concern and only because I know my body and the past experiences. I know I should not do this but I do weigh myself every morning. I'm sorry but it truly keeps me motivated. When I began the first two days I lost two lbs each day, then the next two days I lost l lb a day. Then stopped and today is day 7. I'm getting nervous because this happens to me all the time with other dieting attempts. I am following to the "T"!! Have not put in a crumb that I am not suppose to in my mouth. Does this usually happen?
Well I can't admonish you for the daily weighing because I do exactly the same thing, but I know that my weight is going to fluctuate daily and so if I'm up a pound I don't sweat it and know that if anything I now have more motivation to stay OP. If you're going to worry about it though why don't you try putting it up for a week, just to see how you feel.

If you're weight has gone like you said, that means you're down 6lbs!! In only a week!! WTG! Stick with it and it will keep coming off, sometimes at an unsteady rate but as long as you're 100% OP I wouldn't worry about the day 7 stall.

Quote:

You are!! Stick with it and you'll be there before you know it! I honestly didn't think I would ever be in the 180's again, but here I am, ready to usher in the 170's now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
Good OP vibes to everyone today. It's cold down here in Louisiana today and will be getting colder over the next few days. Time to put away the shorts and burn a few logs in the fireplace. Of course, we'll probably be wearing shorts again next week.
That's how it is where I'm at. We're technically in FL, but the weather here is nuts. It was 70 degrees yesterday, but after I came out from my daughter's therapy appointment (1 hour later) it was 15 degrees colder and raining. Yuck! Today looks to be about the same. I actually don't have any long sleeved shirts because I refuse to buy something that's going to be to big in a month so I'm existing in short sleeved / sleeveless shirts and a jacket.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:30 AM   #8  
Gotta keep trying!

S/C/G: 285/ticker/150.

Height: 5'6"

Day 3 & going strong
Old 01-11-2012, 08:44 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 247 / 247 / 180

Height: 5'6

Good morning beautiful IPers!!!

I had my WI yesterday morning and I lost 9lbs!!! It feels wonderful to be back on again and feel good about myself. It is a bit challenging when I go to school...but I just bring my dill pickle IP chips and it fixes the problem

Congrats to other members who have lost weight..for new members stick in there it is TOTALLY worth it..YOU ARE WORTH IT

Have a GRRRREAT day everyone
Old 01-11-2012, 08:46 AM   #10  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Good Morning Everyone. Signed up for the Valentines Day Challenge. I don't know why I am sort of bummed about a six pound loss in week one. I know it's actually a good number, but, I thought it would be more. I am thinking that it means I will only lose 1 or 2 pounds a week from now on since week one should be the biggest loss week. But, 6 pounds is alot right? Just venting, I am going to do this! I really am excited to see the scale moving closer to 200 than 230. My coach said maybe 7 weeks, sounds like a long time but it will fly on by with you all to keep me going!
BUMMED????....do you know how many people would KILL to lose 6lbs on their first week? It seems to me that EVERYONE who is just starting are expecting LARGE numbers because some of us have lost 6+lbs their first WI, NEVER NEVER EVER compare yourself to ANYONE on here. WE ARE ALL DIFFERENT!!!!....we all have different bodies, we ALL lose different. YOU and ONLY YOU loss that 6lbs ON YOUR OWN...you SHOULD BE PROUD of yourself. What are you going to do when you do lose that 1lb or that .5lb??? A loss is a loss that you don't have to carry around any longer and you are getting healthy, what more do you want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomedayBubblySomeday View Post
Everyone loses differently. I lost 5 lbs my first week and have averaged around 3 lbs a week since. Be happy that you've done so well!

Has anyone done the cleanse for week 6? My coach said I should do it next week--I would like to know what to expect. Any advice?
That cleanse is about $60 and not necessary, I have never done it and have been on the program for 7 months now. If you "go" on a regular basis you should be fine. If you want to do a cleanse there are plenty of over the counter products you can take that are a lot cheaper that do the same job if not better I am sure.

Good morning everyone, today is my week 36 WI so we will see how this week goes. Hopefully I will be out of the 270's this week and into the 260's. Seems like I have been in the 270's forever. In the month of December I loss 18lbs total for the month, so I really wasn't....lol....just seems like that. Well GOOD LUCK to all the WI's today, I'll check back in when I get back!
Old 01-11-2012, 08:46 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 213/168/130

Height: 5'5

Default Cleanse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomedayBubblySomeday View Post

What is the cleanse?

No loss for me this week, but still going strong! Like I told a friend the other day - I don't care if this stuff tastes like a sweaty gym sock, I am NOT stopping!
Old 01-11-2012, 08:49 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 163/148.5/115

Height: 5'2"

So today I fit into the pants that I thought would never fit. I tried them on just to see how close I was.....and they fit!! I couldn't be more happy with the way this diet works. I have been on Ideal Protein since mid September and if you told me that just 4 months later I would have lost all the weight it took me 6.5 years to gain, I would have laughed.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:52 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Quote:

Hang in there, you can do this. It's amazing how much easier it gets with every week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idealpromom View Post
Morning,
Headed to my WI! Would love to see the first number as a "1", but that would mean 6 lbs., so will be happy with any loss.
Hope everyone has a wonderful OP day. And remember, you can do this!
I, too, am looking forward to reaching onderland, although I have a bit more to go to get there than you do. I hope you reach it soon, it is one of the big milestones that really makes this plan feel worthwhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzitsmiranda View Post
Day 3 & going strong
Congrats to you! Day 3 was a tough one for me, headache and no energy..if that happens to you just remember it will pass and you will feel so much better.

I have an NSV to share, I am wearing a pair of jeans today that I haven't worn in well over 5 years! And they are even a little baggy in the seat. Good luck to those with WI today, and congrats to all of us on the plan for taking control of our health.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:17 AM   #14  
IP start date 1/3/2012

S/C/G: 232/185/160

Height: 5'9"

Sorry for my earlier whining everyone. I'm over it now and ready for a new on plan ideal protein day! Good luck to everyone with their weigh ins and their choices for today
Old 01-11-2012, 09:20 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Quote:
Sorry for my earlier whining everyone. I'm over it now and ready for a new on plan ideal protein day! Good luck to everyone with their weigh ins and their choices for today
Hi Linda, in my opinion, there is no apology needed. That's why we are here, to support each other and help each other through the hard times and celebrate the good times.
Closed Thread