Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-09-2012, 11:54 PM   #1  

Default Mini Goal 28 lbs

I am challenging myself to lose 28 lbs 4 months. I think it's a reasonable goal and I think I can make it. I will be using this thread as a way of staying focused and accountable. I will be weighing in every other day. Wish me luck.
Ruslana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 255/151/145

Height: 5' 6"

28 lbs in 4 months is a pretty aggressive goal. It depends on how much weight you have to lose. My experience was at the beginning, when I was 255 lbs I was able to lose 8 to 10 lbs/month. I maintained that rate for about 5 months, then it slowed down. Now I am losing about 1 lb/wk or 4 lb/mo. But everyone is different. I have some weeks where I don't lose anything and the next week I will drop 3 lbs.

I have read many posts here that as you approach your goal it seems like the weight loss slows even more. So, I don't know where you are on your journey but I caution you to have realistic expectations. It is good to have a goal, but when you tie it to a timeline you are kind of setting yourself up. I mean, if 4 months goes by and you only lose 20 lbs are you going to consider that a failure? Of course not.

Good luck and I wish you much success.
deblosingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:47 AM   #3  
Not Giving Up

S/C/G: 147/ticker/fit

Height: 5' 0.7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by deblosingit View Post
I have read many posts here that as you approach your goal it seems like the weight loss slows even more.
It is extremely hard to shed the last 10 or so pounds. I haven't lost any weight since October. I just started changing things up again. Hopefully this will help with shedding the last few pounds.
Ryler832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:06 PM   #4  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

Good luck As the two people above me stated, if you are near the end of your goal, losing that amount of weight in that time frame is going to be difficult. As I get closer to mine, I'm finding i have to break though alot of plateaus to move onto the next few pounds lost.

On the other hand if your just starting out and have a significant amount to lose, then 7 pounds a month is pretty reasonable. All just depends on where you are.

Again good luck
baker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:12 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by deblosingit View Post
28 lbs in 4 months is a pretty aggressive goal. It depends on how much weight you have to lose. My experience was at the beginning, when I was 255 lbs I was able to lose 8 to 10 lbs/month. I maintained that rate for about 5 months, then it slowed down. Now I am losing about 1 lb/wk or 4 lb/mo. But everyone is different. I have some weeks where I don't lose anything and the next week I will drop 3 lbs.

I have read many posts here that as you approach your goal it seems like the weight loss slows even more. So, I don't know where you are on your journey but I caution you to have realistic expectations. It is good to have a goal, but when you tie it to a timeline you are kind of setting yourself up. I mean, if 4 months goes by and you only lose 20 lbs are you going to consider that a failure? Of course not.

Good luck and I wish you much success.
No 20 lbs would be awesome! It's just a goal to shoot for, it will be fun to see how close I can get. Today I started watching my calorie count and keeping my food and exercise journal. My calorie limit is a bit over 1500 calories per day, which if i stay focused and exercise 3 times a week I should lose hopefully 2 lbs a week but at least 1lb. I think this is reasonable. I decided to weight every day i think it will make me aware i have to consider everything I put in my mouth. Thanks for the great advise!!

Last edited by Ruslana; 01-10-2012 at 09:13 PM.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:16 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by baker23 View Post
Good luck As the two people above me stated, if you are near the end of your goal, losing that amount of weight in that time frame is going to be difficult. As I get closer to mine, I'm finding i have to break though alot of plateaus to move onto the next few pounds lost.

On the other hand if your just starting out and have a significant amount to lose, then 7 pounds a month is pretty reasonable. All just depends on where you are.

Again good luck
Thanks! I have a lot to lose, still 28 lbs is a BIG goal but it's only the first. I'm pretty determined and I will succeed. 1st weigh-in tomorrow..maybe i'll get lucky
Old 01-10-2012, 10:51 PM   #7  

Just totaled my calories (1514 cal out of 1550 cal). Woo! I am just under my calorie load by 36 calories but I had too many carbs. I will have to watch that as the quality of the calorie does count especially when it comes to a sluggish metabolism like mine. Instant sugar
Old 01-11-2012, 02:01 PM   #8  

Weighed in this morning and wanted to see it budge at least a few ounces into one less pound but nada.. damn..
I did do a low intensity exercise this morning walking and cleaning woodwork in a building i manage..i was huffing by the time i got to the 3rd floor. My assistant suggested maybe i should stop, and of course i didn't ..lol

Last edited by Ruslana; 01-11-2012 at 02:03 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:52 PM   #9  

Default one of those days

Old 01-11-2012, 10:06 PM   #10  

Thumbs up 2nd day

day was kinda rotten work wise but my total calories for day 1312 which means I am under by 238 cal ..this could be a good thing..pretty happy with that..I am wondering if my scale will move an oz tomorrow morning geez, it better!
Old 01-12-2012, 12:37 AM   #11  

ok have to confess i blew it not sure i know by how much but a LOT..so now back to square one Scale tomorrow though no matter what.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:01 PM   #12  

It's as I feared I gained 8 oz from last night's debauchery..the day and part of the evening was rawking til about 11..damn..
But today is another day and I am determined to be focused and at or under my calorie load.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:57 PM   #13  

Default Thursday

ok, on track today but the night is still young..i am trying to eat fewer calories then my usual to help make up for the screw up yesterday..so around 11 i will tally calories. I WILL succeed tonight!
Old 01-13-2012, 12:11 PM   #14  

Default Friday

Binged last night about 11pm. There is something very wrong with 11 o'clock..anyway not good..so tonight trying something a little different to help me..see if it works..i do so great during the day but it's the nighttime that is my downfall (and i know this about myself) I've got to learn to deal with it somehow.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:28 AM   #15  

Default Success

Finally made it! I was under my calorie load by 300 calories forgot to weigh in this morning but definitely will tomorrow morning..weekends are ALWAYS hard for me but I'm feeling ok and not real hungry..that's a good sign