Thread: Wonderslim #6
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 02:35 PM   #50
TOY

REKP, I totally agree with you about the derailing and have experienced the same thing. The other day when I was hungrier than usual, I ate a bit more but didn't follow my usual pattern of stuffing myself. Amazing, isn't it?

I have no idea whether I've suddenly matured in my thinking about food or what but I had no intention of doing the usual binge and I didn't. This has no basis except my intuition or my guess but I think I've finally begun to listen to my body's needs. Isn't that the craziest thing? Makes me wonder if "normal" people have been listening to their bodies all along and that's the piece I've been missing.

I almost "feel" crazy admitting this but I have caught myself a couple of times having an inner dialogue with myself about wanting something to eat. The "conversation" in my head has ended with a version of "and this will accomplish what"...LOL I guess as long as the conversation stays inside my head they won't come with the white coats to take me away.

All joking aside...I really do find myself thinking about food in a totally different way nowadays. It's a bit surreal at times because I think I'm finally realizing what an emotional eater I was...with emphasis on the WAS.

Whoever would have thought that I would pause before eating something only to reject it or replace it with a healthier option? I don't understand it but I'm thriving on it so I'm sticking to what I've been doing. There is something "magical" about not weighing but once a month for me. It is keeping me honest in a way that I've never experienced before on any diet. I used to con myself with "deals" like I can eat this because I don't weigh for 3 more days, etc. Now with the scale so far removed from my thoughts, I don't seem to be entertaining the thought of cheating. I think that's why I spun my wheels for so many years. No telling how many times I lost and regained the same pounds by playing the rationalization game!

Some people thrive on weekly weigh-ins but for me, it was just a trigger. Once I weighed, I gave myself free rein to splurge because it was a week until I had to step on those dreaded scales again. I can't even imagine myself weighing every day the way some do because my weight changes so quickly due to fluid retention. I would never succeed that way.

I think I've adopted Goldilocks mantra...and that this is "just right" for me. As long as I take it one-day-at-a-time and put one foot in front of the other, I can continue this journey. Who knows...maybe I'll even begin to look forward even more to the first of the month when I step on the scales. I do get a bit excited at the thought but not enough to step on them before time.

Have a good day, everyone, and Shero, thanks for the tip about saving the post in word processing first. Duh...never even thought of that...but I was getting major frustrated!