Old 01-09-2012, 10:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Core/Simply Filling Chat: Jan. 9-15

New Pages.

Sandra!

Last edited by Tejas; 01-09-2012 at 10:41 AM.
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:31 PM   #2  

SANDRA

happy new week chicks. Another week. No special plans. The weather is still beautiful. Did our morning walk.

Be back later.

Last edited by pam920; 01-09-2012 at 12:32 PM.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:57 PM   #3  

Happy Birthday Sandra..How does it feel to be 28 ????

Here are your 28 candles ....

nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:08 PM   #4  
focused and aiming

Thank you, Friends. I appreciate the birthday wishes. Guess what. I'm now on Medicare.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:56 PM   #5  

Sandra, welcome to the world of oldsters!~

OK, life is good: gym work done, meatloaf in the oven, hot tub and nap await me. I have to rest because tonight there is a big gas drilling task force meeting and the paper my colleagues and I wrote will be a topic of consideration.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:59 PM   #6  
focused and aiming

Oooooooooooo, hot tub and nap........
Old 01-09-2012, 06:41 PM   #7  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sandra, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, my friend! I'm SOOOO sorry I haven't been here earlier today. I had PT and errands and now I'm emptying the rooms that are going to be painted tomorrow. First, some Core Chili with Beans and some Cornbread.

I hope you had a spectacular day and were spoiled rotten!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:37 PM   #8  

Guess what !!!
Do you remember the builder that told Robin back more than a year ago that he was interested in buying our house "as is" His timing was flexible because he lives in the city now and wants to be out in our area by the time his kids were in grade school.
I have talked to him a few times in the last year to keep him up to date when Robin was sick & now on my plans..Each time he told me to let him know when I was ready to sell. I called him today and its the first time we have talked about a price. I just told him the price I plan to list at and told him that if he is interested I will let him have that price minus the realty commission I would be paying. He is VERY interested he said and mentioned some plans he has for a garage apartment for his mother-in -law. So he & his wife are coming to see it again Sunday..Wouldn't that be something.
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:43 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 153/142/130

Height: 5'2"

Wow Nancy, that would be something! Hope things turn out exactly as you want!!!

Sandra !!!!!
sloanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:59 PM   #10  

Nancy, that could be great. I had wondered what happened to him. Now, about your post last night. My late husband built some steps up to the front porch on one of the houses we lived in in Toronto. I used to drive by the house and just look at the stairs. I could never quite get it that he was gone and they were still there. You'll miss being around what Robin built, but perhaps you will be consoled to know that others enjoy it.

Now, about the meatloaf. It was really good. Here's what I did: substituted ground turkey breast and ground buffalo for beef; substituted 1 large biscuit of shredded wheat for bread crumbs, and egg white for the eggs. It was really healthy, and very tasty.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:42 PM   #11  
focused and aiming

Vickie, thank you for the birthday wishes. You weren't late at all, my friend. I am honored you remembered me. You have a lot going on.

Nancy, that would be great. I wish you the best.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:40 AM   #12  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY SANDRA,HOPE IT WAS AT GREAT DAYSorry I wasn't on the board yesterday

I woke up late, 10AM after having a bad night of sleeping the night before. The only errand I have is to paid the buildings condo fees.

Mondays are my off day,and will work on my cookbook recipes that I will weed out, put the ones I use on index cards that I'll slip into a photo album sleeve and than eventually take the cookbooks down to the library or church fair this summer. I have over 30+ and I'm don't use anymore as I'm only one person. So that's going to take a lot of Mondays in the months ahead to keep me busy. One woman that I met a a luncheon,gave me the idea.

Have to go to the dentist and than to a wake,one of my choir friends son passed away from cancer he was 48 years old.How sad when you have to bury a child.

Otherwise nothing else is new,going to make a date with Rita Tomorrow for Lunch as Thurs & Fri we are especially a down pour as a front from the south is coming in. HAPPY it isn't SNOW,cause that I wouldn't be able to deal with after having such great weather this winter.

NANCY-I'm so happy to hear that Robins friend in interested in the house. Hope all works out for you.

VICKIE-I was later to wish Sandra a Happy Birthday than you were. I was busy doing my cookbook project.

RHONDA-Your meals sound great,wish I had the will power to cook a real meal again,but every since the beginning of last summer I didn't feel like getting into it again, Here's to frozen entrees. & easy meals. That the reason I'm looking in all my cookbook finding the meals I liked and putting them on a index cards and put into a photo album,get rid of my cookbooks to either the church or library fairs. Than when I want to cook for myself all I have to do is go through the photo album and find my meal. Does that make sense????

Have to go,and ready ready for the dentist

Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:00 AM   #13  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I have the painters here today and tomorrow. My house is all torn apart again and I'm a cranky chick. I actually grumped at poor Jim this morning. I'm not a morning person anyway, but I had a lot to do today to get ready for the painters.

So 2 more days of upheaval and then we should be able to relax a bit until Spring without any more projects.

I'm going to take my grumpy self off to the couch. I didn't sleep well again last night. I feel like I didn't sleep at all, though I know I did.

Have a great day!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:09 PM   #14  

Slow here today.

I need to clear out my cookbooks too. But, I just find it so hard to part with them. You just never know when you'll need just THAT recipe

I'm going to watch Eat, Pray, Love...I'll let you know how long DH lasts!
Old 01-10-2012, 10:29 PM   #15  
focused and aiming

Vickie, I can't picture you being grumpy. I hope you get some rest tonight. Things will be back to normal soon.

Rhonda, I saw that movie and loved it. Made me want to travel.

I got a pedi/mani/haircut today. I'm going back to my natural hair color. it's going to be interesting to see how gray I really am.

Maryann, I've done some decluttering of recipes, too. And I've needed some of the ones I chunked. Be careful.