Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-09-2012, 01:28 PM   #1  
weight watching woman!

S/C/G: sw 253 cw 201.5 gw 154 mg 196

Height: 5foot6

Default help craving eggs, meat, milk!!!

I don't know what to do I am strongly craving a variety of foods (none are unhealthy) but eggs is the worst, I've so far had 6 eggs today, I just cant resist, please help me!!!
DietDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:38 PM   #2  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Yeah, it sounds like your diet lacks protein (hence the overwhelming cravings for high-protein foods).
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:39 PM   #3  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Maybe your body is craving PROTEIN. Eggs, meat, milk - that's all protein. Sometimes our bodies are very adept at telling us what it needs!

OR - sorry, gotta ask the obvious!! -could you be pregnant?
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:47 PM   #4  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Or do you work out a lot?

When I'm in full training mode I pretty much house hard-boiled egg whites and broiled chicken breast.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:02 PM   #5  
weight watching woman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara View Post
what are you eating regularly? It sounds to me like you might not be eating enough which is causing you to crave things.
I eat 2 poached eggs on toast for breakfast 2-3 times per week, I have meat with dinner at least 5 times a week but not a lot of dairy, I do have low fat cheeses and yogurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellarosa27 View Post
Yeah, it sounds like your diet lacks protein (hence the overwhelming cravings for high-protein foods).
I have tried eating loads of the stuff i'm craving today and yesterday, It just doesn't seem to be enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Patrol View Post
Maybe your body is craving PROTEIN. Eggs, meat, milk - that's all protein. Sometimes our bodies are very adept at telling us what it needs!

OR - sorry, gotta ask the obvious!! -could you be pregnant?
not as far as I'm aware!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellarosa27 View Post
Or do you work out a lot?

When I'm in full training mode I pretty much house hard-boiled egg whites and broiled chicken breast.

not a lot a few times a week x
Old 01-09-2012, 03:04 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Do you think it's physical or mental?

One common denominator: satiating fats. Are you getting enough fats?
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:18 PM   #7  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

Could your b12 be low?

That's found in all those foods.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:10 PM   #8  
weight watching woman!

Quote:
Ok, do you crave these things on the days you have the eggs on toast? What do you have on the days you don't eat those things? How many calories are you eating every day and how much of that is protein and healthy fats?
I still crave them, it's been over the last week but nothings really changed in that time. if I don't have eggs its porridge or weetabix, I'm on ww pro points so i don't count calories, I think my diet is healthy...I don't normally have any high fat or sugar foods

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacha View Post
Do you think it's physical or mental?

One common denominator: satiating fats. Are you getting enough fats?
I'm not sure but I really don't want to eat this much egg! so i'm assuming its physical? I think i'm getting enough fats but high fat foods are high propointed but i didn't think i was having too little!

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrophe View Post
Could your b12 be low?

That's found in all those foods.

A.
I have no idea! I guess it could be but I really can't stomach much more egg, as I'm sat here i'm using a lot of will power to not have more egg!!

I just dont wanna feel so powerless over it, i like egg but not in this quantity!! do you think a vitamin supplement could help??
Old 01-09-2012, 04:17 PM   #9  
PCOS/IR/Hypothyroid

Height: 5'8"

I'd go with a general multivitamin if you don't do that already.

Then when you next see your doc have them check your vitamin/minerals -- b12, D, etc.

A.
astrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:25 PM   #10  
weight watching woman!

I don't take anything at the moment, I never used to have this kind of problem but then I guess I've changed my eating habits a lot in the last 6 months, thanks for your reply I will try a general multi vit and speak to the doctor when I can next.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:41 PM   #11  
weight watching woman!

that's true, I go there for the support really, my family are great but they won't give me a kick up the bum they'd rather spare my feelings! I might start having a day or 2 each week when I eat say 5 extra propoints and make that meat or dairy! It would be interesting though to work out the calories, I might have a look!
Old 01-09-2012, 04:46 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 206/182/135

Height: 5'1"

Man, I wish you and I could switch places (or diets). I'm supposed to have high protein and pretty much low everything else, but I've lost most interest in any meats and I can't stand eggs! And I never drink milk because it has carbs in it.
That's a lot of eggs. I hope you don't have a cholesterol problem!
Rapunzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:00 PM   #13  
weight watching woman!

not as far as I know!! I hope not too, I didn't think eggs affected cholesterol?!
Old 01-09-2012, 05:56 PM   #14  
weight watching woman!

Quote:
It might help for a while to log what you eat into one of the free logging sites like livestrong.com. Keep eating your WW plan, but just double check the calories and macros to make sure you're on track nutritionally.

As far as the eggs go, generally dietary cholesterol doesn't affect blood level cholesterol unless you're genetically predisposed. I wouldn't worry about it. Even a week of eating an "excessive" number of eggs, whatever that might be, isn't going to kill you. Might make you never want to see another egg again, but won't kill you.
That's a great idea, I will try that, it could be that I think my diet is great but there's not enough of something in there! I will try it and post here!

thanks for clarifying, I was panicking then! I'm always worried about that kind of thing because for a few years I've eaten a lot of rubbish and large portions so I'm trying to rectify that now (I do still have a bit of junk though but a little can't hurt right?!) None of my family have ever had heart or cholesterol problems so I would imagine that I am not at any more risk than anyone else thanks for your reply Kara, I really appreciate your help!
Old 01-09-2012, 06:07 PM   #15  
weight watching woman!

Kara, I think you may be onto something, I inputed what I've eaten today which came to 41 propoints (i'm meant to eat 34 per day and have 49 for the week) and it only came to 1986cals, considering that I've eaten way more than normal today I will keep track of it on there too because I don't see how I can be eating enough if thats how little cals all the food I ate today was!!!