Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 12:09 AM   #1  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

Unhappy Off Topic - I have pinkeye!

I have pinkeye! I woke up this morning and I couldn't hardly see out of my left eye, and it felt like there was sandpaper in my eyelid. It was watering and burning all morning so I went to the dr and I have conjunctivitis. I have drops and if it's not better by thursday I have to go back right away. And I can't wear my contacts for at least a week, and being half blind I had to go out tonight and spend $230 and get a pair of glasses. But I at least thought I'd show them off:

Old 07-23-2003, 12:23 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Those are great glasses! Sorry you were forced to buy them, though.

Do you know how you got it? It's incredibly contagious. I got it one time and had no idea where I got it because no-one I knew had it. I was taking a class at the time, and a couple of days after I got over it, I heard this guy in my class saying how his wife had come down with pinkeye the previous week. I figured he transferred it to one of the desks that I sat at and I got it that way. Who knows? I ever so thoughtfully passed it along to my daughter who, thankfully, did not pass it on to anyone else in the family.

As I remember, it hurts a lot--hope it's better soon!
Old 07-23-2003, 07:28 AM   #3  

Raelynn,

I've had pink eye too many times...it's no fun. I wear contacts too, and absolutely HATE when I have to wear my glasses. I'm so nearsighted that my glasses make my eyes look so small.

You look really pretty in your glasses. Don't you hate spending so much money on something you won't use much. Well, it's good to have them, just in case.

I hope you feel better and that your daughter doesn't catch it. Make sure to wash your hands a lot, and use different towels than she does.

Take care,
Sherry
Old 07-23-2003, 08:17 AM   #4  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

Yeah, pinkeye is VERY contagious. Way back in the day (high school) when I was a camp counselor, one of my campers came down with it. We had to wash every stitch of llinen and all of her clothes, and wash the whole cabin with bleach-water.

The glasses look nice. I wish I could wear contacts, but my astigmatism and allergies combine to make it too uncomfortable. I used to wear them. But now I'm married to an Optician. At least I know they're made right.
Old 07-23-2003, 08:24 AM   #5  

Sorry you had to spend all that money on the glasses, but I think they look really great on you.

I used to work in a pre-school and when we would have pinkeye start making the rounds, it was the worst.

Take care of yourself and hope you're doing better soon.
Old 07-23-2003, 08:48 AM   #6  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

I LOVE your glasses! They look really cute on you!

Pinkeye...the perfect doctor's excuse for world-weary teachers...it's a guaranteed two days off! I haven't had it since I started teaching, though. I've sent a few kids home because they had it. I sit them in the back of the room until their parents come get them and then I wipe down wherever they were sitting with industrial-strength cleaner. Pinkeye's really easy to transfer. A kid touches his eye, touches his desk, you touch his desk, you've got it.

Last edited by Jennelle; 07-23-2003 at 08:50 AM.
Old 07-23-2003, 09:50 AM   #7  
Jo
Catatonic

Ouch! I've never had pinkeye, but I can imagine it's not fun. I really like your glasses though. You're one of those lucky people who actually look good in glasses!
Old 07-23-2003, 10:05 AM   #8  
Losin It For GOOD!

Rae - I LOVE your glasses... but I'm SO SORRY you have pinkeye!! I hope you get better REALLY QUICK!
Old 07-23-2003, 10:38 AM   #9  
Searching

Feel better Rae!

Has anyone told you how gorgeous you are?
YOUR BEAUTIFUL!

Miss Chris
Old 07-23-2003, 11:12 AM   #10  

I agree with miss chris! You are beeeuuttiiful! The glasses are really pretty too.
Old 07-24-2003, 11:34 PM   #11  
Future marathon runner

S/C/G: 310/185/Where my body takes me

Height: 5'8"

Awww you ladies are so nice, thanks for the compliments. My eye is a lot better, it actually only hurts a bit to blink now and the redness is fading. I still hate my glasses though. lol
Old 07-24-2003, 11:47 PM   #12  
beautiful

i like your glasses!!!
Closed Thread