Old 11-14-2011, 08:31 PM   #1  
Flex plan follower

S/C/G: 162.5/160.5/135

Height: 5'4

Default Starving :(

So,I get 22 daily points and I already ate over half of my flex points because we went out to eat over the weekend and now I'm paying for it. I just ate and now I still feel hungry. What are some 0 pt items that I can buy on my next shopping trip and what do YOU do in times like this? Sigh.
2SpareTires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:25 PM   #2  

Hi there -

I am sorry you are feeling so hungry, I am not on WW but I do know when I feel like I am starving but know I shouldn't eat any more for the day I do try to redirect. For me housecleaning or a walk tends to help a lot. Drinking water not as much. Tea yes. Sometimes a hard mint or candy (but they do have calories and remember I don't know the WW point system).

The truth is, I think is actually OK to learn how to be hungry and be OK with it. If it is truly in my way and I can't stop fixating on food or hunger or craving I will admit that usually I just eat something. But I don't want you to blow your diet and feel worse.
HikingChloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 04:40 AM   #3  

i get where you are coming from.
i have been feeling really hungry today.
i try to focus on protein when i have that hunger grumbly tummy feeling.
things like yogurt, peanut butter, cheese.
but today nothing seems to work for long.

i hope you can get though this ok.
anawhatsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:04 AM   #4  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

You can always workout and "earn" more points!?
josey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 10:45 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 200/134/118

Height: 5'3

Maybe you should try the new program points plus, the lowest daily points is 29 and you are supposed to get in at 5 servings of fruit and veggies and they're 0 points.
Caleighsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:44 AM   #6  
Flex plan follower

S/C/G: 162.5/160.5/135

Height: 5'4

I'm so glad I found this forum you chicks are awesome! :-)

Chloe: Most days I am able to redirect or just drink a huge glass of water but yesterday that grumbling was INTENSE,lol. I ended up eating something small and just saying tomorrow will be better. It is what it is,ya know?

Anawhatsme: I feel like I eat alot of protein but maybe I need to take a better look at the amounts I'm actually consuming. Maybe its under the recommended amount.

Josey:I just started WW and this saturday will be my second weigh in and after that I'll start my workouts. I just didn't want to dive headfirst into this thing and end up burnt out,ya know?

Caleighsmommy: Once I hit goal I'm thinking of switching over to PP but for now I'm doing what works and that is the Flex plan. I didn't lose weight on PP. I think the 29 pts were jsut too much for me. But I do thank ya for the suggestion girly!

Thanks so much for taking time out to give advice or just support!! You ladies are the best.
2SpareTires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:54 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 168/168/140

Height: 5'5

I don't know anything about he Flex program, but when hungry or eating fruit I try to have cheese,peanut butter or any fat with it. Fat will keep you from being hungry. That is the only area I dislike with WW, I have been low carb for years and realize fat does not make you fat, sugars and carbs will. So I now have a lot more carbs, than I did but stayed full fat on everything else. Yeah uses up pp faster but I am not ever hungry, munchies yes but hungry no.
Dee74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:07 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

For me, it's all about the volume and eating healthy foods that will fill me up: soup, veggie-rich chili, egg white omelettes, low cal/high fiber wraps, lean meat stir fry, etc.

Last edited by Munchy; 11-16-2011 at 01:08 PM.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:11 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 171/164/140

Height: 5'5

I found myself eating plain steamed broccoli the other day to fill up. I find that bananas really help with keeping me feeling full. I wasn't even tempted by tortilla chips or cookies this week, but I do love me a good clearance candy cane, so yeah, had tons of sugar.
Zemelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:30 PM   #10  
cls1989

S/C/G: 200/200/150

Height: 5'6

I'm finding that smoothies are a big help to fill the hunger void. I just take different fruit I have like kiwi, strawberries, blueberries and such and add a bit of fresh squeezed oj in the blender. Its all fruit so its 0pts and its surprisingly filling.
I sometimes throw a little spinach in too; I know it sounds weird and I hate the stuff but its so good for you, and in the smoothie you cant taste it at all!
cls1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:40 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 308/213/165

Height: 5'11''

If I find myself craving something, alot of times Ill just make some instant chicken broth and drink a cup of that. From the taste its like I ate something but its 0 P! Or Ill cut up some tomatoe and sprinkle it with some herbs and balsamic vinegar, that gets me through an appetite as well.
Although I have to say, I cant remember actually being hungry sticking to the regular WW program. You can fill up on certain items for a specified P value, so why not take advantage of that?
lvlisanthropist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:45 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 189/136/healthy&happy

Height: 5'8"

Roasted veggies are my best friend when I'm low on points. Roasted cauliflower tossed in some herbs and lemon juice is really filling and low calorie (zero points if you dry roast it). Brussels sprouts are surprisingly good when roasted, too - sweet and nutrient-dense. Sometimes I need to eat something with volume to fill up and roasted veggies always do the trick.
Hikermc is offline   Reply With Quote