Whole Foods Lifestyle For discussion of whole foods and more natural diets.

Old 01-06-2012, 05:39 PM   #1  

Default Meals on the go: suggestions

hi i just thought i would post and see if anyone has any good ideas. Im just getting started again and trying to take some weight off in a healthy way. I love organic and whole foods.

Recently Ive tried some of the Kashi frozen meals and I really like them. They taste great and the protein/carb/fat ratio is good for me. However i dont like that they have to be microwaved. Im not a big fan of microwaving and just thought i would see if anyone else has tried any meals that are maybe steamed etc.

i love to cook too but I live alone and when im on the go and trying to eat healthy i would like to have some frozen or fast options that work

thanks
shiningthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:10 PM   #2  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

I thought eating "whole foods" was about making your own meals with real ingredients?

I make bulk meals every week in the oven/crockpot so I have fast meals that can be reheated in the microwave or in the oven, or simply eaten cold. It's tough eating well in such a busy world!
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:29 PM   #3  

Hi thanks to you both for the feedback.

sdarling, i do the crockpot thing too sometimes. thx good to remember to do that.

Kara, yeah i have a kitchen, stove, microwave etc, but Im just not a big fan of microwaving food, it takes alot of the nutrients out and breaks down the food. I know Im totally in the minority, everyone uses a microwave and I do too sometimes, just prefer not to. I didnt have one for about the last 10 years and just got one again about a year ago. Mostly for this reason. Sometimes I need a break from cooking all the time and like to have some organic healthy options.

Just thought maybe the whole foods thread might find some answers.

thx again, open to feedback
shiningthru is offline   Reply With Quote