Old 01-06-2012, 11:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 269/234.2/160

Height: 5'10.75"

Default Hi! Just thought I'd introduce myself . . .

I usually stay quiet in forums such as these; however since I need 20 posts to have a signature, I'm forcing myself to try and comment on threads. Starting with an introduction seems appropriate (although I'm not entirely sure if this is where to do it!).

I'm 18 years old, weigh about 250lbs, and am looking to lose 70lbs. I've never been below 209 and "healthy" for my height is supposedly 145-180 (6 feet). I haven't started IP yet because I'm still trying to figure out how to do everything. It seems a bit confusing! I also don't have the money just yet to start buying food. I signed up via IdealtoGo and am in the process of getting a coach. I'm thinking I'll have enough money by the end of this month to start in February.

I was thinking about mini-goals and am not sure what I should get myself as rewards for meeting them. Anything I have as a reward will have to be worked for, so I'm not sure what could be small enough that I can actually afford to have rewards in the first place. Buying a dress at goodwill was what I wanted to do, but I have no clue what size I'll wear when I'm at my goal.

Anyway . . . I've read a lot of the threads on this forum and am excited to begin nonetheless!
BACKDROPsilhouette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:49 PM   #2  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKDROPsilhouette View Post
I usually stay quiet in forums such as these; however since I need 20 posts to have a signature, I'm forcing myself to try and comment on threads. Starting with an introduction seems appropriate (although I'm not entirely sure if this is where to do it!).

I'm 18 years old, weigh about 250lbs, and am looking to lose 70lbs. I've never been below 209 and "healthy" for my height is supposedly 145-180 (6 feet). I haven't started IP yet because I'm still trying to figure out how to do everything. It seems a bit confusing! I also don't have the money just yet to start buying food. I signed up via IdealtoGo and am in the process of getting a coach. I'm thinking I'll have enough money by the end of this month to start in February.

I was thinking about mini-goals and am not sure what I should get myself as rewards for meeting them. Anything I have as a reward will have to be worked for, so I'm not sure what could be small enough that I can actually afford to have rewards in the first place. Buying a dress at goodwill was what I wanted to do, but I have no clue what size I'll wear when I'm at my goal.

Anyway . . . I've read a lot of the threads on this forum and am excited to begin nonetheless!
And you're certainly welcome. Have you read Dr Trahn's book? If not, it's free, it explains A LOT -- virtually all of the science behind the program -- and it's free. Available by clicking on the site that's given in the first post of the daily thread. But before you start using the actual products it's quite possible to start eating a balanced low carb, low fat, low calorie diet. If you do, getting into ketosis is should be a breeze and not nearly as stressful as it is for some people. You might look at the Phases thread in the 2nd sticky at the top of the IP page, and specifically at the phase for diabetics. It gives you a more balanced diet. Very best of luck. And it's good that you've already begun to lose the weight.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 269/234.2/160

Height: 5'10.75"

I have just started to read the book!
I'll be checking out everything in the forum throughout the next few days.

Yes, I've been working on losing the weight for some time now. I go off and on because of discouragement and doing diets that don't work for long. I'm hoping this is THE diet that will help me live a healthy life.
BACKDROPsilhouette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:46 PM   #4  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Welcome! This is a great community. I agree with Linden about getting a jump start before you start in February. The daily chats are very informative. The search feature can be quite a pain, but if you can't find something, just ask. We are all here because we have a common goal. We were all new at some point and there are lots of new people now since it's the first of the year. Good luck to you. Stick to the diet and it works.
Paint Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 239/227/135

Height: 5'2"

Welcome! You will find great information and support here on these boards. Don't be afraid to ask any questions because chances are someone knows the answer from first hand experience or from learning it here. The one piece of advice I have to offer is to start cutting back your sugars and carbs now. It will help alot when you do start and go through the big sugar flush and typically associated headache. Good luck to you and "see you on the boards".
MustangMolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:30 PM   #6  
IP start date 1/3/2012

S/C/G: 232/185/160

Height: 5'9"

Welcome to our site!
Linden, thanks so much, I have been on the site for about a month and on IP for 4 days now and I never noticed the sticky about the book. Guess I will be reading that tonight. So much info and fabulous non-selfish people!
lindac36 is offline   Reply With Quote