Old 12-22-2011, 10:40 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #272 Bale of Turtles Welcoming in the New Year

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 09:00 AM   #2  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Well, my holiday starts in earnest tomorrow. Today running errands, wrapping things up, cleaning house a bit, etc. etc. mostly just waiting for tomorrow. I have promised myself that no matter how loud the cookies/candy call me, I will have a deaf ear. Today none so tomorrow I can have some. Sounds like a plan.

Turtles, hope you can chime in soon. I know how busy we all are!!

Judy
234.6/182.8/179 and thinner on to goal in 2012~
Old 12-23-2011, 09:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles:

My holidays begin today, since I don't work Fridays. So Judy, I am with you today with finishing up and my dd & her cat arrive this afternoon - then the fun begins. At my potluck yesterday (can't believe this) but I did not have even 1 bite of any desserts. Seriously - and I only chose what I really wanted, filled my plate once, enjoyed and threw my plate away. A few people commented on me not having dessert but I just said I would have something around 3 o'clock since I was too full. So I was quite happy with myself and at my Tops meeting was down 1# this week.

This is first year in ages that I have done less all around than usual. And I feel pretty good, not stressed about everything. Usually it looks like Christmas exploded in my house, but this year I didn't go overboard, but still looks nice. So maybe as they say "less is more"

All - hope you finish things up & enjoy yourself.

Merry Christmas!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 10:07 AM   #4  
Chick

Bandit, you've got it! Less is more in a lot of ways. You're doing great.
: I love this saying: Looking forward to seeing "less of you" in the New Year!

Merry Christmas to all. Bandit, again for a weight loss at this time of the year. Also-----being so careful about making good choices at your potluck with your TOPS buddies.

Judy
Old 12-23-2011, 10:19 AM   #5  
... and a piece of toast.

S/C/G: 170 >:(/152/135

Height: 5'2" <-- well, almost

Bandit . . . excellent on the potluck dinner choices! It's so hard when there's so much food around. And you're down a lb. Sweet.

I'm still plugging away. Am starting my two days of baking/cooking/preparing for Sunday. Just got done a great workout (I made myself go do it and am so glad that I did) and am off. The dogs want/need a walk but I have to get things underway first. Hopefully a bit later.

I'm down to 7 gifts that need to be wrapped . . . and one is a re-wrap because the new little dog decided to nom on one of the books I got my dad! Hope my dad doesn't mind a worn corner of his book. lol

My usual weigh-in day is Sunday but I may weigh in tomorrow and use that # then wait until next Sunday to weigh in again. I think I hit my 5 lbs. off by Christmas goal; will have to see if I can eek another lb. off next week to hit my 6 lbs. off for December goal. Even if I don't and I maintain the 5 lbs. loss I"ll be good with that.

eta: the cat just rolled over and fell off the sofa. He's still not really awake yet and seems a bit stunned as to how he ended up on the floor. Oh wait, now he's back on the sofa ignoring me. He's embarrassed.
loose seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 12:06 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Hi everyone just popping in real quick. I am back from vacation. I lost 0.7#. Which is better than I thought. Playing with my nieces and nephews. Not to mention they attacked the sodas and the candy before I could get to them Which worked for me. Their parents don't let them have alot of sodas or candy at home so vacation time all bets are off. Off to run some errands in this traffic. I keep searching for he facebook group but I can't find it. So if someone could point me in the right direction. Will play catch up later.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:58 PM   #7  
Chick

Life4evr, and congrats on losing weight on vacation! Weigh to go.

I don't know how to have someone join the Turtles group on Facebook. Maybe someone can help Life out?

Merry Christmas to everyone!
Judy
Oops---Bandit, I already didn't exercise today. ooops.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:16 AM   #8  

Morning turtles

Hope you all enjoyed your Christmas with family & friends. I sent home some extra food with company over last 2 days & cleaned out fridge this a.m.
I froze a few tarts/cookies and only left a small portion out to have over next few days. Will pop over to store later & only getting fresh salad fixings and have leftovers with that.

My dd is in New York for a few days so will be abit different this week than usual over the holidays, but I have her cat with me so that is nice.

My plan this week is to eat sensibly (but still have some treats) & get in some kind of daily exercise.

Hope you all are doing great!!
Old 12-26-2011, 11:48 AM   #9  

Due to gallbladder and having to eat very small meals I am down -2.4 this week. I am happy but this was not exactly the way i wanted to go about losing. Other than feeling constantly over full I am not in pain and doing good with my eating. Hope everyone had a nice weekend.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 05:02 PM   #10  
Chick

Cherry : sorry about the circumstances, but so happy for you about the loss.

Having a nice relaxing day here. Am watching my food, but allowing a treat here and there. Froze or threw out the tempting food. If they get to me even being in the freezer, I'll have to think of something to do with them.

Bandit, it's nice your dd got a chance to go to NY, but change is a little tough to take. Isn't it? So smart of you to take care of leftovers and to get stocked up on salads, and fresh fruit. That's the weigh to go!

I'm aiming on hitting my goal in 2012. I figure if I keep on posting that I'll remember what I really want and work toward it.
Judy
234.6/182.8/179 and thinner (truth be told, I'm sure I'm up after the weekend, but I'll keep this weight here for now. still have 46th wedding anniversary dinner out tomorrow, then a high tea with my two dds. they are treating me for Christmas----then the events slow down which will be good for me and good for my weight.)
Old 12-26-2011, 07:11 PM   #11  

Hi turtles

Cherry - sorry to hear about gallbladder but nice to see you post a weight loss. Take care of yourself & hope you feel better soon.

Judy - you are doing great. You & I have about the stats - I am hoping to be under 160# by end of next year. I would be super happy with that.

I rejoined my walking centre today & got in 3 miles then had a hot-tub which was great. Also, I am officially rejoining weight watchers this Wed with a friend. I did ww a few years ago, and still follow point system and go to Tops. When I went it was just Points, then they went to Points Plus & now I believe there is another new programme starting. So will see what that is all about.

I am off work until next Monday so good time to get these things set up.

All - hope you are doing great!
Old 12-28-2011, 05:26 PM   #12  
Chick

Hi Gals,
I'm taking this one day at a time. Today has been good, not perfect, but good.

Wishing you all well. Chime in when you get a chance. Busy holidays still ahead of us, but then we'll be looking at a long January to get back on track. We can do this!

judy
234.6/ ????/179 and thinner. goal in 2012
Old 12-28-2011, 05:33 PM   #13  

Hi everyone - still on holidays here until next Monday & eating has not been as good as it should. But on the upside I have been getting in some walks and am off now to officially rejoin weight watchers. I did well in the past with ww so hopefully will do well again. I will still go to Tops for time being and will keep that as my official weigh in on the Thurs evening.

Well we finally got some snow last night & it is freezing today. So now looks like Christmas.

All - hope you are all doing great and keeping warm!
Old 12-28-2011, 05:50 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Hey hope everyone is well. I am not feeling so well so my eating has been hit or miss. Hope everyone had a good day.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 04:57 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Just a quick fly-by to say hello... still working 12 hour days... have not been to a Weigh In in over 3 weeks, eating is a mess and exercise is not happening...

Wishing things get back to normal soon but it is just too hard to say right now.

I hope everyone is doing well and has a great new year. I will chime in when I can!

Princess
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote