Old 01-05-2012, 12:09 PM   #1  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Default Tons of cellulite :( Please help

Hello everyone,

Even though I am delighted with my weight loss, I still can't believe how smaller I got, I still don't recognize my reflection especially when I am out and about like shopping or at the gym, but to my despair, I have a huge problem of cellulite, I always had cellulite since I was a kid (around the age of 12 if not earlier I think), but now, I am so utterly disgusted by what I am seeing.

I recently restarted going to the YMCA and I restarted swimming and I can't see anything in myself except these rolls of fat on my thighs and legs.

I bought a percussion massager and I read that it helps, I hope it does, but I really have to give myself some time during the evening and make it a habit to use it.

I am going to the whirlpool after swimming and it massages my thighs real well, not sure if this helps.

I am also staying in the sauna room just as a feel good factor, as I don't believe it does anything to help cellulite.

I know that the gelatin helps to restructure the skin, I will try to re-introduce this in my diet (cannot afford it for the moment)

I beg you to share with me what worked for you to make your cellulite less apparent.

I know there are some expensive treatment out there, but unfortunately this is not an option for me for the time being as I can barely buy my food.

Please help me.

Thank you.
sandralosingweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:35 PM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

According to information I read on the Windsor CBP Spine Center site (I have no relationship with this business and have never been there), there is a cellulite protocol that can be done ONCE THE WEIGHT IS LOST (and all four phases are complete).

It basically involves restricting all dietary fat except Omega 3 fatty acids, which will also include meat. They also push something called the Power Plate (TM), which looks like vibrating exercise machines, which they are claiming provide a 25% reduction in cellulite.

Nonsense or science? Perhaps it is worth researching.

Personally, I noticed that IP made all the "solid fat" pretty jiggly right away, which I tell myself is the diet mobilizing the fat for use. It kind of intensifies the cellulite look, whereas before, there was fat covering the cellulite, too.

Also, swimming will make things look smoother. Although good exercise, it typically will not change body fat composition at all (but you have IP for that.)

Not the answers you were hoping for, I'm sure, but maybe something to get you researching in another direction.

I think as you stick with IP and continue to lose weight, you will also see an improvement.
infoplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 232/210/160

Height: 5'8"

Check out Zaggora Hot Pants. They are shorts that you wear when you work out. They really make you sweat. I have been wearing them and have seen a difference. Worth a look.
lbixby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:40 PM   #4  
Restarting IP 100%

Thank you both for your answers
Old 01-06-2012, 08:36 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Personally I would wait until you lose a little more of the weight to start worrying about it. I've also noticed that IP makes even the firm fat all jiggly again like infoplease and so I have thought I had cellulite in areas where I never had it before (like my arms, blech!!).

I don't know where you order from but there is an alternative to the IP Gelatin available on nausha. It doesn't taste as good, but I figure I'm still getting the benefit of the gelatin and it's pre-packaged so I don't have to worry about making it. It's made by Pure Protein, and I can send you the link when you get ready to order if you're interested.

Honestly probably the best way to get rid of cellulite is to exercise and firm up the muscles underneath. That's my plan for when I'm off IP or get closer to the end. HTH!!
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:50 AM   #6  
Restarting IP 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Personally I would wait until you lose a little more of the weight to start worrying about it. I've also noticed that IP makes even the firm fat all jiggly again like infoplease and so I have thought I had cellulite in areas where I never had it before (like my arms, blech!!).

I don't know where you order from but there is an alternative to the IP Gelatin available on nausha. It doesn't taste as good, but I figure I'm still getting the benefit of the gelatin and it's pre-packaged so I don't have to worry about making it. It's made by Pure Protein, and I can send you the link when you get ready to order if you're interested.

Honestly probably the best way to get rid of cellulite is to exercise and firm up the muscles underneath. That's my plan for when I'm off IP or get closer to the end. HTH!!

Hello NavyMommy,

Indeed, I want to order the pre-packaged gelatin from Nashua, but not for immediately now since I am on a very extremely tight budget and I will survive on the protein powders that I already have plus the bars I already bought, I can't buy anything new for now, but of course will buy them later on when I can.

I will be doing mild exercises such as aquafitness and swimming, but I don't want to get myself into heavy training now, like you said, I will wait until I lose what is left of my weight and once I am close to my target I will exercise like I used to before starting this diet (I was a heavy exerciser at some points). I did notice though, when I swam last time, it made me extremely hungry and thus made it extremely difficult to stick to to diet, I added one protein shake that day.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:58 AM   #7  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Here is a cheap thing to try: Take some coffee grounds that you've already made coffee with, put it in a mason jar or something similar, add some olive oil, doesn't have to be too much. Massage it into the problem area. You may want to do this in the shower, less messy. The caffeine is the major ingredient of most expensive cellulite products. Let it stay on for a while, then rinse off. If you have time, you can wrap your legs up in saran wrap for 30 minutes or so, read a book or something. Very cheap but time consuming. Try it daily if you have time, or at least every other day. If nothing else, you will have some very smooth, moisturized legs, lol!
Paint Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:28 PM   #8  
Melting Mama

S/C/G: 336/274.5/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
Here is a cheap thing to try: Take some coffee grounds that you've already made coffee with, put it in a mason jar or something similar, add some olive oil, doesn't have to be too much. Massage it into the problem area. You may want to do this in the shower, less messy. The caffeine is the major ingredient of most expensive cellulite products. Let it stay on for a while, then rinse off. If you have time, you can wrap your legs up in saran wrap for 30 minutes or so, read a book or something. Very cheap but time consuming. Try it daily if you have time, or at least every other day. If nothing else, you will have some very smooth, moisturized legs, lol!
Can I just wet coffee grounds to do this? I am not a coffee drinker.
JodiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:36 PM   #9  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodiM View Post
Can I just wet coffee grounds to do this? I am not a coffee drinker.
Glad to see you back around Jodi
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:42 PM   #10  
Explorer

S/C/G: 188/170/163

Height: 5'9''

Hey! Sorry to hear about your problem.

I started going to a professional massage therapist for special massage to cure cellulite. I didn't really believe in it in the beginning but when I looked into the mirror before and after the second session, I couldn't believe my eyes any more :O I could really see a difference after only 1.5 hours!

Then I started thinking a bit more deeply about it and realized why it worked. The point is to make the toxins under your skin move and go into your blood stream. From the blood they will be filtered by kindneys and eventually you'll pee them out. After the first session I didn't drink enough water and I could see so many spots on my thighs! These appeared, because the toxins needed a way out after they were made to move...

Imagine the cellulite as a bunch of fat cells held in place by all the food additives from candies, fries, etc. that you have been collecting all your life. To get them moving out, you need to stay persistent with all the little self massage and massage therapist tricks
graatsia is offline   Reply With Quote