Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2003, 05:51 AM   #1  

Default Time for Serious Fun #13

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #13

Welcome to Time for SERIOUS FUN…..We are a group of people trying to lose weight together and help each other along the way. There is only one rule on this thread, and it is if you are not willing to help yourself along the way or help others on this thread we don’t want to hear you WHINE everyday, we like to keep a positive attitude. Some whining is expected, lol, we are only human. Other than that we love to talk about every subject under the sun. Please feel free to pull up a chair and a keyboard and join us on our journey. Every day of the week we have a little beginning to the day to start us off, for example…..Monday would be Mission Monday……you have some sort of mission to complete in your life for that day or longer totally up to you. Faye is in charge of what day it is and what we are doing, so look for her post if you are interested.
Old 07-22-2003, 06:09 AM   #2  

TUESDAY: Today is target Tuesday and our target this week is fruits! They are a great source of vitamins and provide a great snack instead of something sugary or fattening!

Fruits can be used in a lot of ways not just eaten by themselves. Stick some in that oatmeal instead of milk, in your yogurt, on cereal, in ff pudding or with ff cool whip. They can be frozen and taste great like blueberries or grapes. Put them in a smoothy to drink or mix them with crushed ice and freeze them and put them in your Crystal Light as ice cubes!

Good Morning ladies! It is EARLY here in the old south and already it is 80 degrees! Probably pretty humid too!

I GET A: for points! I went over my darn fat again. I have got to quit eating my husband's food when I make higher fat stuff. No more! I am on the wagon!

Today is going to be a beautiful day so take advantage of it. Get your water in and try and get some kind of exercise. Just get moving!

Tracy: I am glad you understand. Though is it going to take me much longer than you or some of the other gals, that does not mean you struggle any less. In fact, the less you need to lose the harder it gets to get it off! I am so proud of you for working at something you want instead of just saying aw to heck with it! You are doing a great job!

Sarah: What a time you have had with weight! I have always maintained that one of the biggest stumbling blocks in losing weight is emotional status. Your situation proves it! Going from one end of the scale to the other. It has had to beaten your body up pretty good. I am proud of the courage you have trying to get the weight back off again.

I guess my kitty is back to normal. He didn't throw up any more last night after the mess he made in my entranceway. I don't know what he had gotten into, but yikes what a mess! Dh is a BIG help! He got a trash bag and held it! Here I am trying to make sure the cat is ok and trying to get the rugs picked up and the stuff cleaned off the floor and he is standing there holding a trash bag for me to put the paper towels in! Sometimes men are so clueless!

I will check in later when everyone is up for the morning and give out points. Until then, BE STRONG!

Faye
Old 07-22-2003, 08:00 AM   #3  

Good Morning Girls!

points yesterday: 2 program points, 1 exercise point, and 1 water point (100 oz.) "gurgle" "gurgle"

I read posts from yesterday, wish I had seen the Oprah airing, maybe I will catch it when it re-airs. I normally try and catch those, guess I will have to ck her website periodically for upcoming shows. Faye you are so right, we have all got to do this, and there isnt one of us that is going to fail.!!! we do have each other, and that means so much to me!

Chicago sounds good, Salt Lake sounds good!! anywhere with all of you would be a blast...other grp I participate in is getting together in Oklahoma next spring...cant wait!!! I am so excited about it already. My first goal of course is to lose 10 lbs by August 31, Faye, I am working hard on it!!, then my goal by then is to have lost 50 lbs, a very reasonable goal by next spring! Havent set a date yet, but, I know I can acheive that one!! going to get on an ariplane and be there in a "jif"...will take my vacation that wk. most likely. I get just thinking about it. Our meeting in 2005 is a ways off, but by then we will have all been able to save up, good idea!! can have a fabulous time!!....Other group by the way is the 300 plus thread, great girls if anyone is interested!!

well got to say good day mates..for now, will pop in later.......
Old 07-22-2003, 08:11 AM   #4  

Good Morning Ladies.

How is everyone this a.m.? My points for yesterday.....I get 2 for OP but still nothing for the other 2 things.....

A trip will be so nice. I hope to have all my money saved and have my butt on a plane to come see some of the nicest people I know. Isn't if funny how easily you can make friends on the net and here especially. You can be yourself and people either like you or they don't. I try to be myself all the time. I mean, really, is there any sence in acting like something you are not? Who would you be trying to impress? That's enough of that...lol

Today is Tuesday and let's see Faye says we have to work on the fruit thing. This is a biggie for me, but I will try. I just bought some yummy bing cherries, they are one of my favorite....and I like melons and pineapple, and apples are okay, and oranges are good too. So there is enough to choose from you would think I could fit them in. I think maybe if I fit those in, maybe the other junk will not make it in....this is a good thing .

I don't know if I told you all, but my kids got hampsters a few weeks ago. They have been so entertaining. My dog acts like it the tv I swear. She sits there and just watches constantly. My cat could care less. LOL, and I was worried about the cat.

We got the new computer and I am trying to learn how to make a cd to take in the car to listen to. A mix of music you know, not just one singer. But so far I have been able to make it but it won't play in any thing other than the computer and that is not how it is supposed to work, so I will go play again and try to figure it out.

Wishing you all a wonderful on plan day.

PEEK
Old 07-22-2003, 09:15 AM   #5  

Peek has rodents in cages so I ain't a goin and visitin' her! I can't even watch Stuart Little on tv! I go into the pet store and make this huge detour to buy certain dog products, because the hamsters, guinnea pigs, rats etc are in their cages in the front right on the aisle I need. I am shuddering just thinking about it! I don't like squirrels or chipmunks either except I will condone, Jerry mouse and Chip and Dale on tv!

OMG, we just had the biggest and strongest storm I have ever seen without it being a tornado! Power is out all over the city, trees have been uprooted (my dd and sil lost a beautiful Pine tree in their front yard. Thank goodness it didn't hit their house) Their area was one of the worst hit. There are trees down everywhere she says and you can hardly get around because they are blocking the streets. The temp went from 80 to 57 in half an hour, winds were 85 mph. Today is garbage day and needless to say, my can took a walk big time. I went out to look for it in my shabby nightshirt and that was all and a man from the neighborhood God Bless him found it and brought it home! I have limbs and leaves from our tree on the deck but the tree held on. One piece of mesh that covers our gutters blew off, but that was as bad as it got at our house. I went out in the midst of it and took the umbrella off the patio set or it would probably be gone. We kept power, but I don't know how! My dh says power is out at the poopoo plant and that is BAD because everything out there runs on electricity, no elec, no poopoo pumping, cleaning, whatever. No pool for me today I guess unless, I want to get BBQ'd by lightening!

Peek: YOU GET A: points for staying OP! That is great! The other stuff will come!

Pam: YOU GET A: for your points today! Oh and thanks for the card. I didn't see it until my hotmail popped up when I turned the computer back on this morning after the storm. Sorry for not acknowledging sooner!

Today is clean the upstairs day so I best get to it! It gives me something to do instead of watching the storm move through on the tv and worry about family!

Faye
Old 07-22-2003, 10:30 AM   #6  

Good Morning ladies!!

Sounds like we are off to a good start.

Faye..sounds like one heck of a storm. We sure could use the rain here. But it will probably be hot and humid until about the end of Sept.

Well guess I will try to get some work done here.

Check back later

Sarah
Old 07-22-2003, 10:45 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 198/ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Good morning girls!

Faye : We had horrible storms all night. I can deal with storms but the thunder scares me silly! Glad everyone is safe

Pam congrats on all 4 pts!

Peek: We have guinea pigs. Omgosh what a mess those lil boogers are but they are so cute. They wheek when they hear plastic bags rattle because they think its veggie time. They wheek for scritches, and they jump straight up in the air about 4 inches over and over and run circles like the dickens when I change their bedding, give them hay, or anything that makes them happy. My kids love them and the best part is.. they rarely rarely ever bite - by nature. Good luck with the CD. If you need any help.. pm me and let me know exactly what you've done and I'll see if I cant help you figure it out. (yes you got it.. im a computer geek)

Bella... good morning to you! Nice to see you this am.

For me.. I got all 4 points yday. 2 for OP, 1 for Exercise and 1 for my 100 oz of water.
I got up late today and Im still working on my morning slimfast. Then I plan to go walk, clean the house and do my taebo.

Check in later!
Old 07-22-2003, 11:22 AM   #8  

Well we have tried many pets in our house. We have had hamsters, gerbils, mice, and many others and thank goodness my kids did not like any of them. I am bery happy to have my 2 cats and one dog. They are much eaiser to take care of..

Well looks like my day is going pretty well. Had my bagel for bf, and have a lean cuisene for lunch, not sure about dinner, but I really am not much of a night time eater so we will see what happens.

Have a great day!!!
Sarah
Old 07-22-2003, 11:33 AM   #9  
The ever shrinking woman!

w00t! I was so good yesterday, I get all 4 points drank 96 oz of water, did my excercises, and didn't even snack last night, stayed under 1300 calories, and stayed at my WWP *phew* I was so hungry last night too, I fought it hard.

Morning ladies, Bella, I read about your story on the last page of #12, wow, I am so glad you found a supportive man that makes all the difference eh ?

I can't beleive someone said Salt Lake sounds good for a reunion, LOL! usually people think Utah is a scary place, like we still ride to work on horse drawn carraiges and practice polygamy.. haha! Actually this is a great place, it's so beautiful here, and despite the mo-mo conservative mentality, I love it here, great place to raise kids too! =)

So fruit day, mmm I love fruit too! I like Seneca sugar free applesauce a lot, and it's only 1 WWP for 1/2 cup, so I buy those single serving cups, makes a great snack. I also love pinneapple, so this should be an easy day

Faye, I am jealous it rained there, it's the 7th day in a row we have had 100+ weather, and it's DRY DRY, we are in a drought here, they are giving tickets to people who water their lawn too much.

have a great day ladies! good job on those points, looks like everyone did pretty well yesterday
Old 07-22-2003, 11:50 AM   #10  

Tonya, Yes, haveing someone to support you does make a big difference..weather it is a partner or family or friends. It does make thinks a lot easier.

I am also right there with you on the weather. It has been hotter than...here also for the past 2-3 weeks. We also have the humidity to go with it. So when it is high 90 or 100s we also get 100% humity. So much for good hair days in the summer here.

Faye..not sure if I can do the fruit. I am pretty picky about fruit, but mabye some grapes when I get home, before I go to the gym.
Old 07-22-2003, 12:10 PM   #11  

Well.. I finished my 3 miles and did my 8 min taebo workout. (huff puff huff puff) Gosh it feels good. I did have to stop during the workout because its more like 20 minutes if you include that high intensity warm up. I just stopped for about 2 minutes to guzzle down a full pint of water. Then I finished it out

Fruit sounds great today. I have apples, oranges, bananas, strawberries, and some cantaloupe in the fridge. I may skip my noon slimfast and replace it with a fruit salad!

Off to the shower.. I am certainly not pleasant to be around right now. My clothes are soaked!
Old 07-22-2003, 12:36 PM   #12  
Soon-to-be Sexy Lady

heyyyy girlie girls!

I would like to announce that I got in all 4 points yeterday. i got my butt KICKED at this kickboxing class. The first 10 minutes of warmup, I thought my heart was going to explode. It was like torturous ****. But I made it through so had some killer cardio in for yesterday! 15% of activies on fitday. What an accomplishment.

After I ate my dinner last night (reduced fat mushroom soup) I still had like 600 cal leftover. It was weird. So I ate a serving of teddy grahams and 3 small slices of fudge from the shore. OK, I know that was probably not a good idea, LOL, but even with that I was still under, so that was kinda cool. Although fitday says fudge is 50 cal or so for a square inch (mine were more like 1/4 in. wide x 3-in. long slivers). So that seemed kinda low, but I guess it's b/c we eat less of fudge. I dunno?

Anyway...

Peek - something to consider...not all CD players play CD-Rs so maybe that is why your CD won't play anywhere else besides the computer. If you have older CD players that could be the cause. Most today are able to play them.

Everyone else...congrats on your points!

I am getting a bit frustrated b/c I am still at 152! Not budging an inch. I know it's probably a result of my 2 big meals out over the weekend...but still!
I am getting frustrated.

I am planning a trip to Ireland with my #1 guy for November. Anyone have any insights into the place? I can go for $600 for 7 days with air, lodging and rental car included. That seems almost TOO good. But the big problem is, what do I tell #2 guy? LOL Of course my new personal goal is to dump him by then. I just know he is not the one for me...we differ on morals and financial goals too much to say. And I don't think it is something that would work out forever...which is how long I intend to stay married.

Anyway, hope everyone is having a good strong day...I'll see you later gators!
Old 07-22-2003, 12:40 PM   #13  
The ever shrinking woman!

Mugirl, plateauing is the most frustrating thing hu ? don't get too discouraged, it happens, then one day you get on the scale, and boom! 3 pound loss

wow Ireland, I would love to go there!

Bella, man if we had humidity, I would go nuts! it's dry here, and we are in a drought, but at least I am not soaked all the time from humid air, I would go nuts. I went to Branson MO once.. I thought I was going to DIE

Debbie, you go girl! all that energy!
Old 07-22-2003, 12:53 PM   #14  

Oh Ireland sounds just wonderful!!! I have always wanted to go and I have a close friend that lives in Tipperary, Ireland. I'll shoot her an email and hopefully she will answer. Usually it takes her about a week or two to reply because shes busy.. but I will let you know what she says! As far as weight.. I lost 2 lbs last week (was 152 for over a yr) and then I gained it back plus an extra lb. DH (dear hubby) says it may be water weight. I am not touching the scale until Friday weigh in and I hope its gone!!

Tonya.. I envy your lack of humidity. I'd take heat if I could get rid of the humidity!! We have had an extremely mild summer, which followed a hard winter. We had over 50 inches of snow last winter (norm is 10 inches). This summer has been more like early spring. Low 80s in the day tops and low 60s/hi 50s at night. Its 72 now and I have my windows open! I think we had 4 or 5 days where it got to low 90s. Normal for us this time of year is hi 90s/low 100s thru the day. Humidity is awful tho usually 70% or higher all summer. My whole house just feels so sticky all the time.

I just showered and I still feel sticky. yuck.

I have a ton of energy right now.. so I am off to take the kids to the park. I think I'll crawl thru the tunnels today with them. lol
Old 07-22-2003, 01:02 PM   #15  
Soon-to-be Sexy Lady

Thanks Debbie, that would be great! I would love to hear other's perspectives, especially a native! LOL

OK I need some suggestions...

QUICK, EASY, MICROWAVEABLE OR TOASTER OVENABLE lunches for work. The veggie burger, while quite tasty is getting a little old. LOL So I'm up for something new. Anyone know what the cal content of a good old PBJ sandwhich is?
Closed Thread