Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 01:32 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Thursday 1/5/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 01-05-2012, 05:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 249.4/see ticker/152

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning!

I tried the suggestion of adding some cooked & then food processed veggies to my Leek Soup yesterday and it was fantastic! Will have to try that for the other soups too. It really improved the texture & the taste for me. Wonderful idea!
Old 01-05-2012, 07:16 AM   #3  

Yesterday was a rough day for me. I felt fine, but I had TERRIBLE cravings! I wanted something sweet desperately! Water and pickles didn't help, so I broke down and had a 4th packet. Oh but it was worth it! Chocolate cake with WF carmel!! Mmmmmm! Better than cheating!

I've also been having very vivid dreams. I'm a very vivid dreamer to begin with, so they are even more intense now. Some of them not so pleasant. Anyone else have unpleasant dreams?
Old 01-05-2012, 07:33 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning!!

Well yesterday was a long day for me. My daughter has to have a test where she's sleep deprived this morning so I was up with her most of the night, and got back up with her at 4:30 this morning. I was starving because I had eaten my dinner to early, but I didn't give in.

Today (so far) the cravings seem to be a little less and I seem to have a pretty okay amount of energy considering the amount of sleep I got so hopefully I am turning the corner into ketosis. Seriously why did I not know about the wonders of ketosis before IP?

Hope everyone has a great OP IP day!! Silly me forgot we don't have any easy to eat veggies in the house so I'm going to pack my bar and hope that the test doesn't take to long so I can get home to eat my cooked veggies. Guess someone needs to head to the store tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by galpal445 View Post
Good Morning!

I tried the suggestion of adding some cooked & then food processed veggies to my Leek Soup yesterday and it was fantastic! Will have to try that for the other soups too. It really improved the texture & the taste for me. Wonderful idea!
Yum, and what an easy way to get your veggies in. When I go back on the actual IP products (now I'm using alternatives) I will have to try that. I did like sauteed mushrooms with the cream of mushroom soup though, it made it nice and chunky and gave me something to bite into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacitaof2 View Post
Yesterday was a rough day for me. I felt fine, but I had TERRIBLE cravings! I wanted something sweet desperately! Water and pickles didn't help, so I broke down and had a 4th packet. Oh but it was worth it! Chocolate cake with WF carmel!! Mmmmmm! Better than cheating!

I've also been having very vivid dreams. I'm a very vivid dreamer to begin with, so they are even more intense now. Some of them not so pleasant. Anyone else have unpleasant dreams?
Yep, better to have an extra packet than to cheat! The dreams are totally normal, I remember having them to, and there are lots of other IP posters who have had the same thing. It does creep me out for a minute after I wake up though!
Old 01-05-2012, 07:37 AM   #5  

Good luck with your daughter's test today! I have not so fond memmories of having to stay up all night when I was little for EEG's. Yuck! Glad that's over with!
Old 01-05-2012, 07:56 AM   #6  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone! Welcome to all the new folks. My only advice is hang tough for the first week. It gets better and the results are so worth it. I had dreams of eating all kinds of off program foods for a while, but those are gone. I also used to have cravings for high carb foods, and those are gone too. My obsession with what I'm going to eat for my next meal has also disappeared. That amazes me. I Told my coach at my last WI that the only no-no food that I really miss is half and half in my morning coffee. We got a good chuckle out of that!

Good luck to everyone having WIs today. Everyone else have a hreat OP day.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:59 AM   #7  
Started IP Aug 2, 2011

S/C/G: 220/147/140

Height: 5'10

I went to my Wellness Centre's open house last night. There was about 10 people show up. And there was me and 3 others that had our success stories to share. I lost 70 lbs in 5 months, another gal 120 lbs in 10 months, 40 lbs in in 8 weeks. It was so inspiring listening and sharing. Telling people that Ideal Protein can, does and will work. All the new people signed up. They all had smiles and looked very happy.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:01 AM   #8  
INACTIVE

Quote:
YES! Generally every night. Very vivid and usually they end up unpleasant. I"ve been on the diet for 4 weeks, and the dreaming started within the first few days. I don't know if it's the vitamins or if it has to do with the protein, but I definitely noticed it happening right away. Luckily, they are only dreams and sometimes I can realize that in my sleep and try to redirect the subject. Other times, I just wake up gasping :-)
Old 01-05-2012, 08:05 AM   #9  

I read these posts and pray that I am just as successful! I'm hoping to average 3lbs a week (I'm doing the alternative plan). More would be better! I'm just so anxious and yet seeing the progress and goals reached by everyone else is so inspiring! The last 5 years have been my downfall. I've not only had to change my eating habbits, but my mindset too! I told myself life was short and to enjoy it. It took until recently for me to realize I have to be healthy to enjoy it!
Old 01-05-2012, 08:05 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Good luck with your daughter's test today! I have not so fond memmories of having to stay up all night when I was little for EEG's. Yuck! Glad that's over with!
Thanks! That's exactly what we're going for today. Now I just hope I can keep her awake in the car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junetwin11 View Post
I went to my Wellness Centre's open house last night. There was about 10 people show up. And there was me and 3 others that had our success stories to share. I lost 70 lbs in 5 months, another gal 120 lbs in 10 months, 40 lbs in in 8 weeks. It was so inspiring listening and sharing. Telling people that Ideal Protein can, does and will work. All the new people signed up. They all had smiles and looked very happy.
That's awesome!! I'm sure you were a huge inspiration to the new people!
Old 01-05-2012, 08:07 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomedayBubblySomeday View Post
YES! Generally every night. Very vivid and usually they end up unpleasant. I"ve been on the diet for 4 weeks, and the dreaming started within the first few days. I don't know if it's the vitamins or if it has to do with the protein, but I definitely noticed it happening right away. Luckily, they are only dreams and sometimes I can realize that in my sleep and try to redirect the subject. Other times, I just wake up gasping :-)
Thanks for sharing! Yes, this morning was a waking up crying dream. I honestly don't remember what it was anymore. When I wake up that way, I remember thinking it was so vivid and I have to tell myself it's just a dream. Usually my husband has to "pull" me out of my unpleasant dreams. He must've been really tire to not notice this one!
Old 01-05-2012, 08:08 AM   #12  
INACTIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SewingMomma View Post
the only no-no food that I really miss is half and half in my morning coffee.
I found a soy creamer that my coach said was ok--it does have 1 carb per TB, 1g fat and 15 cal, but I keep it strictly at a tablespoon. It gives the coffee a slightly different taste, but much creamier than skim milk. It's called Organic Valley and is right by the other cold half & half in my grocery store.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:12 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Thanks! That's exactly what we're going for today. Now I just hope I can keep her awake in the car!

Pop...worked for me! I honestly don't remember how long the test took. If they still do it this way, they glue the wires to her head and then she'll take a nap. I remember they would wake me up and do a light test.

I thought the worst part was getting the glue out of my hair! I had really long thick hair and they try to scrub it off and I remembering that hurting a little. They very likely could've changed the way they do these things by now. I was 7-10 when I did all of that.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:16 AM   #14  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomedayBubblySomeday View Post
I found a soy creamer that my coach said was ok--it does have 1 carb per TB, 1g fat and 15 cal, but I keep it strictly at a tablespoon. It gives the coffee a slightly different taste, but much creamier than skim milk. It's called Organic Valley and is right by the other cold half & half in my grocery store.
Thanks! My coach recommended using the vanilla RTD shake as a creamer -- 2TBSP in my morning coffee. Thanks for recommending the soy creamer. I'll give it a try.
Old 01-05-2012, 08:19 AM   #15  

Question: My GF is doing IP through a coach and they are only going to measure her every 8 weeks. Is this normal? I thought you get weighed AND measured every week.
Closed Thread