View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 10:40 AM   #101
mizzie

S/C/G: 198.6 / 192.4 / under 150

Height: 5'5"

DATE: 1/4/12

USERNAME/REAL NAME: mizzie

BIRTHDAY: 10-01-80

MARITAL STATUS: happily married for 2 1/2 years (although we've been together for over 12 years)

SPOUSE’S NAME: Josh

CHILDREN/AGES: Chloe, aged 8

HOBBIES/INTERESTS: reading, camping, travel, outdoors, animals, learning about different cultures, sewing, scuba diving, ummm.... there's more, I know it

PETS: Ginny, 5 yo cat and some fish

TOP WEIGHT: 219.8

CURRENT WEIGHT: 198

GOAL WEIGHT: below 150

HEIGHT: 5'5"

EYE COLOR: hazel

HAIR COLOR: dark blond

OCCUPATION: office manager at a chiropractic clinic (yes, I get free chiropractic care when it's slow... and it's wonderful!)

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATION: west-central Minnesota, USA

BLOG or PERSONAL HOMEPAGE URL:

WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PROBLEM IN WEIGHT LOSS: Well, my biggest issue is getting started again. I did this two years ago and got down to 153... then gave up. I hit a major plateau and didn't really lose for over a month. I thought I'd try eating at maintenance for a week or two, that lead to eating more and more, and the weeks stretched to months, then a year. Which all ended in gaining 45 pounds back. So... my biggest issue is that I stopped last time and it's been very, very hard to start again.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT THIS TIME THAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL: I'm very embarrassed that I gained so much back and I'm really hoping that I can show people that it was just a slip and I can still do this.

ANYTHING ELSE YOU WOULD LIKE PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT YOU? Like I said, this is my second real (not counting the countless times of "dieting" for one day then quitting) attempt at this. Also, it's been the plan from the start that once I reach my goal of being under 150 (in the healthy BMI range, iow) I get to take scuba lessons. My goal is to reach that soon enough so I can take them this summer. That means I have to lose ~50 pounds in 7 months tops. Do-able, but it'll be close.

Last edited by mizzie : 01-04-2012 at 10:41 AM.
mizzie is offline   Reply With Quote