Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 10:30 PM   #1  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Wink I'm just vain enough to think y'all might have missed me...

Hey all -

I cannot remember the last time I posted! I know it was before I went on the latest college tour (Mizzou and K-State) with son, and that was the week of July 7.

I'm in a state of body acceptance right now. I am happy with me and am seeing beauty in the mirror. I can look at myself naked and not cringe. It's nice.

I refuse to be a slave to food anymore. I refuse. I am never going to count fat grams, calories, protein, water ounces, "points," servings, etc. etc. ad naseum again. Ever. I'm not going to psychoanlyze the whys and wherefores. The scale is gone - for good. If I'm hungy, I'm gonna eat. If I'm not, I'm gonna do something else. I'm going to exercise the way I like and not feel like it's a chore or an obligation. If I'm never a size 10 again, I don't care.

I am sitting here with a huge smile on my face because I feel truly liberated for the first time in my life.
Old 07-21-2003, 11:33 PM   #2  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I'm glad you've come to this state, I am halfway there myself, but does that mean you're leaving us?
Old 07-22-2003, 09:25 AM   #3  
Searching

See and I have been thinking about just liberating myself from food. Instead of eating out of habits or emotions, I got me and I don't need that stinky old food. But I know what you mean Jenelle.

Be HEALTHY!
Miss Chris
Old 07-22-2003, 09:39 AM   #4  

SAPF - I'm not leaving because I consider you guys to be my friends.
Old 07-22-2003, 09:47 AM   #5  
Losin It For GOOD!

Hey Jennelle - we DID miss you.. and I'm so glad to see you have a healthier state of mind than when you were here the last time. (((((HUGS!!!)))))
Old 07-22-2003, 10:19 AM   #6  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

WOW!! Good for you!!

I too am not "counting" anything. And I am doing better than I have in a long time. I am planning to succeed by planning. Every night I make healthy breakfast and lunches for me and hubby, decide on dinner and that's what we eat. I am learning how my body reacts to food and listening!!!

I am not however happy with my body and do want to be a size in the teens. I don't know if I'll ever be "thin", but I can't stay here. Too dangerous for my health!

And yes, missed you bunches!!
Old 07-23-2003, 04:01 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

we totally missed you. didn't you see the dogs thread? go find it. =)
Old 07-24-2003, 08:40 PM   #8  

Default I don't know this for a fact because I have never been a naturally 'skinny' person

but, maybe that is how thin people deal with food. Eat when you are hungry and don't when you aren't. Sounds very natural and healthy as long as the food choices are good.

I am curious, how did you reach this state of mind? I either go 'whole hog' one way or the other. I am either stuffing any and everything I want in as fast as I can or I am counting grams of fat or calories or ounces or something compulsively.

You are in an enviable position , I think.
Old 07-25-2003, 10:29 AM   #9  

Karefree - I don't know, exactly. I woke up one morning and it was suddenly so clear: I am a miracle of creation. If God lives within my body and soul and I treat my body and soul with such disgust and loathing, what am I saying to my Creator? That I loathe Him and am disgusted by Him? I also realized that instead of turning to Him to be my rock, I was turning to food as my rock.

I'm not a prostelyzer, so I promise that this will be my last word on the subject unless anyone would like to "talk" via PM.
Closed Thread