Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 07:31 AM   #1  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Default Slow Dancing With A Stranger {4} A Holiday Dance

Hi Everyone
After much consideration, I have decided to start a thread for a unique group of losers.
Consider the following scenarios. If more than one apply to you, this just might be the thread you've been searching for:

This diet/lifestyle change is such a slow process for me, even losing 0.5 lbs or 1kg is a struggle.
I am frequently changing up different foods in my plan because what I ate worked last week, but it's not working this week.
One week, I ate everything on plan and gained weight, but another week I pigged out and LOST! WTH??
I've been at a plateau for so long, it's my new middle name!
I do ____ for exercise, but my body becomes used to the workout, and I am frequently having to switch up my routine to continue to see results.
I have been On Plan for so many days/weeks/months without seeing a downward scale movement, I'm ready to QUIT!

Well, before you rush right off and toss your stilettos, platforms, pumps, or boots in the closet, come have a "Slow Dance" with me! I often feel like I am a stranger in my own body, because I am constantly having to change up food and exercise and my scale still doesn't budge. This is not a challenge, but more of a daily accountability, support group, & learning experience all rolled up in one!

I will start a new thread every 10 days to reflect progress, accomplishments, and/or set backs! Feel free to post food choices, exercise routines, motivational words of wisdom, or anything else you feel lead to share.

Disclaimer: If you lose weight quickly and easily and have it all figured out, this is NOT the thread for you!

So, without further adieu....
May I have this dance?
Old 12-23-2011, 07:50 AM   #2  
~Krystal~

Well, with 2 days before Christmas, I would have loved to say I made the healthiest/wisest food choices and rocked my abs like never before!
However, as most of you know, that is soooo far from the truth!

Instead of a loss for Christmas, I got TOM!
This is not a gift! This is a MENACE, except of course, it could be worse! TOM could have skipped out all together for a few months, and we all know what that would mean...oh yeah, things could defo be worse!

Anyway, my mom is coming today and bringing my 7 yr old nephew. We are going to have so much fun baking! I am going to allow him to help me make some magic bars for gifts.
Yesterday, I made Peanut Butter Balls--healthy and tasty--but not something I'd rush right out and order for myself, but AWESOME for gifts!

I decided to throw a "Holiday Dance" into the title of this thread this time around, b/c we will be going thru New Year's with this thread.

As the year wraps up, what are your goals? Have you set any?
I'd just like to lose this 1.8 lb water balloon TOM brought. I'd like to get back to my exercise routine. I'm realistic and optimistic at the same time.

Happi Friday to each of you. This may be my only post today!
Old 12-23-2011, 06:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/182/167 final goal 155

Height: 5'3"

A very Happy and Merry Christmas Everybody!

Best wishes for the New Year as we all continue our journey together.
Take Care of yourselves, you deserve to be well and healthy.

I will try to check in by Monday if not sooner.
Old 12-24-2011, 08:38 AM   #4  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Morning,

We had our family xmas dinner. BTW....it went VERY well. No drama! It was actually very pleasant. Yikes!

My damage was 2200 cal! I am fine with it. It could have been worse. I ate a ton of chips and guacamole (750 cal worth)....The rest I ate in moderation and had nothing alcoholic to drink.

I am not weighing in today. -- I am trying to cut my unhealthy relationship with my scale anyways...lol

Happy Christmas to all!
Old 12-26-2011, 12:14 PM   #5  

Hello Everyone, I hope you had a good Christmas.

I'm feeling a bit sad at the moment. I don't want to post in the depression thread, mainly because I dont post much on the boards anyway, unless I have something positive to say. I feel like this thread is my group so to speak and I know we all go through difficuties.

Last edited by forloveofself; 12-30-2011 at 01:04 PM. Reason: length
Old 12-26-2011, 03:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Hello, everyone. Just found this thread and it seems to apply to me. I am a very slow loser, with lots of plateaus that can last months! It's very easy to get discouraged, especially when I see people on here with stats similar to mine, except they did it in 4 or 5 months instead of almost 2 years, like me! I am worried that I will never get to my goal weight due to impatience and self sabotage.

forloveofself - I can't really advise you, because I was never good at the dating game myself. However, the only litmus test you can use is yourself. Are you comfortable with yourself? Do you like yourself and your life? If you answer yes to all those questions, you are in a healthy place to start a relationship and see where it goes. If the answer is no and you are looking for someone to "fix" things in your life or make you love yourself, than you are better off being single until you can love yourself without the assistance of someone else. That's all the advice I can offer...
Old 12-26-2011, 11:33 PM   #7  
~Krystal~

Hi everyone

I've too had an emotional past couple of days--days where I've wanted to drive myself over a cliff. I think it is in part to this time of year.

LoveofSelf: I am going to have to agree with Guacamole (welcome, btw to our thread). Instincts or not, you are only able to be in a positive, loving relationship if you love yourself first. If you are looking for someone to fill a void in your life, it probably will not happen, as people often leave us discouraged at times. When you look at the other person, ask yourself these questions: Would I seriously marry this person? Are they quick to forgive or do they hold grudges? How do they handle conflict? Are they explosive or do they put a new meaning to the term "silent as the grave"? What is their love language? If you don't know, I'd highly recommend the book by Gary Chapman (Free Online Test)
There are certainly other questions to ask, but this is a great starting place. I feel as though our Creator created us to be in relationships with other people and to live at peace with people as much as possible. And, although relationships are difficult and risky, so is most everything else in life.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:29 AM   #8  

Hello Everyone,
Welcome guacamole and thanks for your input.
K9O sorry about your emotional upheval. Emotions get us every time, don't they.

Thanks so much, I appreciate all of you here.

Last edited by forloveofself; 12-30-2011 at 01:06 PM. Reason: length
Old 12-27-2011, 12:24 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

Went home to my parents for Christmas. Has a big NSV the other day. Tried on a jeans I wore in high school, which no longer fitted me last Christmas I was home. Guess what?--- The pants fit me this Christmas, albeit a little tight, I could zip them up while last year I couldn't pull them over my tighs.

I've allowed myself to eat and drink whatever I want during Christmas. (21-31 December) To me this is a lifestyle change and I know that during my post goal weightlife I will allow myself to eat and drink whatever I want during Christmas. However, tomorrow morning I'm leaving for a week-long skiing trip in the mountains and I figure that 6 hours a day skiing should be fun activity, but also will burn some calories.

When I way in January I will probaly have gained a kilo of weight.

2011 was like several of you have written about in this thread---not the best year of my life. Therefore I would like to wish us all a better and happier 2012.:hu g:

Last edited by IsabellaOlivia; 12-27-2011 at 12:36 PM.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:51 AM   #10  
~Krystal~

Hi All

I have been such a slacker for the past couple of weeks. No exercise, 1/2 tracking my food, and not being accountable here

I figure we will all get back into the saddle next week after New Year's Day. I'm seriously not stressing too much. I haven't weighed, but what's the point when I haven't exercised? I've been eating maintenance calories, not more than 1800-2000 per day--some days way less. But, I am seriously ready to get back into the swing of doing Spike with Jo.

On a great note, as a Happy Birthday/Merry Christmas to myself, I signed up to run the Country Music 1/2 Marathon April 28 in Nashville. So, begining January 2, I will start "Training Mode" w/Hal Higdon!
I'm excited and nervous, but I have many friends who are doing it with me, so it should be a great time. I am just praying for "NO INJURIES"!

Hope you all are having a fantastic week. Miss you all bunches!
Old 12-29-2011, 07:54 PM   #11  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Almost 2012!!

Husband and I have been doing great what comes to walking outdoors. During the last 7 days we have clocked nearly 35 miles. Over 3000 cal

Eating has been totally OP as well. -- I have not been very hungry, which feels great I have consumed between 1100-1450 each day.

scale shows 155.5...so no great drop but I am within days of Dear TOM.

Krystal that sounds like fun!! It is always motivating to do it with others.

What are your new year's plans my fellow dancers? -- we have 3 party invites, but I may stay at home. I am doing so well...I don't want to ruin it with junk food and alcohol. -- Actually I have not had anything to drink for 6 weeks or so, and I decided to take year 2012 off, completely...my wine has been my downfall...and all those calories.... So staying at home sounds nice to me
Old 12-30-2011, 08:26 AM   #12  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Official weigh in day; 155. Down 0.5 pounds. I take that! Especially right after x-mas and a few days before TOM -- I am expecting a nice swoosh after TOM

Plan for today;

Keep tracking all my food (as I have) and keep it well balanced and under 1400 calories.

Walk; 6.75 miles through snowy woods ~ calories burned over 600.

Everyone have a fab day!
Old 12-30-2011, 10:13 AM   #13  
~Krystal~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
Official weigh in day; 155. Down 0.5 pounds. I take that! Especially right after x-mas and a few days before TOM -- I am expecting a nice swoosh after TOM

Plan for today;

Keep tracking all my food (as I have) and keep it well balanced and under 1400 calories.

Walk; 6.75 miles through snowy woods ~ calories burned over 600.

Everyone have a fab day!
This is fabulous news!!!
But, where did you find 6.75 miles worth of snowy woods???
Old 12-30-2011, 11:49 AM   #14  
~Krystal~

For my birthday weigh in, guess what I got??
If you guessed: "Plateau"
You are RIGHT!

Hovering 148.8

Geaux Me
Old 12-30-2011, 09:49 PM   #15  
Fat to Fab and Fit

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
Closed Thread