Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 01:00 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Monday 1/2/12

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 01-02-2012, 06:44 AM   #2  

S/C/G: (C/G) 143.8/147

Height: 5' 3"

Thanks Lisa for starting the daily thread!

Good Morning Ipeeps,

I'm getting together with the girls today for shopping, peds, lunch and friendship. Should be a great day! They are both very supportive of my new lifestyle and that takes any stress of remaining OP away.

I WI first thing this morning, and will update my progress later.

Remain strong,
Jo

Last edited by JoLoMN; 01-02-2012 at 07:24 AM.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/245/160

Height: 5'10"

Yeah I made it through day one and am very pumped to continue. Enjoying trying all the different foods.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:35 AM   #4  

S/C/G: (C/G) 143.8/147

Height: 5' 3"

Good for you Katie! Hope these next couple of days go smoothly for you; after that, it's all about settling into the routine. Good Luck!
Old 01-02-2012, 08:09 AM   #5  
Restart IP 10/19/2013

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Sounds like a fun day, Jo! Must say, I'm so glad to have this group to check-in with otherwise, I'd drive my friends batty trying to converse on a subject they have no interest in, IP that is. Thanks to all for your support in 2011.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:09 AM   #6  
Started IP 1/1/2012

S/C/G: 368.8/314.8/150

Height: 5'8"

Post Day 2

Starting day 2 today. Went to bed hungry last night after having 6 packets. So far the food is okay and I look forward to trying some of the recipes. My coach recommended I keep it simple this week because my energy will be low. The big mac in a bowl and waffles sound good so I will make them in week two. I don't have a waffle maker so perhaps they will make good pancakes or something. I will get through this day and move on to day 3!
Old 01-02-2012, 09:52 AM   #7  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Default New challenge

Hi everyone. I will set up a new challenge later today and start a new thread for it. It'll be for valentines day. Hang in there. This diet really does work. I'm only 2 lbs above my weight goal range and hit goal in September. I feel so much better than this time last year, and didn't make a resolution that involved losing weight for the first time in my life.
Old 01-02-2012, 09:54 AM   #8  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilou View Post
Starting day 2 today. Went to bed hungry last night after having 6 packets. So far the food is okay and I look forward to trying some of the recipes. My coach recommended I keep it simple this week because my energy will be low. The big mac in a bowl and waffles sound good so I will make them in week two. I don't have a waffle maker so perhaps they will make good pancakes or something. I will get through this day and move on to day 3!
Great attitude. Take it one day at a time. Make sure that you plenty of phase 1 vegetables around so that we can nibble if you need to. Your body will adjust and the hunger will go away. Sometimes my hunger went away if I had water and/or decaf tea at night.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:07 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

pkitty, YOu did a fantastic job on the program and you are a great inspiration to others!

Well, I just rambled on about a coffee creamer on another thread but I am going to repeat. I am not a "coffee" drinker but a good iced mocha is wonderful. So, I have been making a decaf German Chocolate Coffee and sticking it in the freezer while I shower and get ready in the morning. Then, I add a chocolate Muscle Milk lite or EAS and then 2T of the Peppermint Mocha Sugar-free creamer. I am telling you this is delicious, so run out and get it before it is gone. Hubby came home yesterday and said that he got the last one at Wal-Mart (all proud & happy) and I looked at it and said it is not Sugar -free. I will be on the hunt for it tomorrow. I had stocked the fridge with several after discovering how yummy it was, but everyone else loved it and I gave it away in the Christmas Spirit.

OK, just 1 pound away from my phase-off maintenance weight and ready to go downward to goal, lol. I have a slight headache today, but nothing like round 1 of IP. Good Luck to everyone and have a safe, healthy & happy New Year! Check in often
Old 01-02-2012, 10:13 AM   #10  

Height: 5'5"

Day 1 for me and my husband. Breakfast was all right - we split a serving of egg whites (well, about 4 egg whites and 1 whole egg) and a pure protein RTD frosty chocolate. We weren't too keen on the drink, but the eggs were yummy. Going to try the EAS RTD with lunch (celeriac fries and salad w/veggies).

Weighed myself last night - 193.5 pounds - which is MORE than what I weighed when I went into labor with my last child. So....my ultimate goal is to lose 50 pounds to make it down to 144, which would put me in a "normal" weight range for my height. Couldn't believe it when I looked at a BMI chart and realized I am now in the obese category! Time to make a change!

Old 01-02-2012, 10:28 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 213/168/130

Height: 5'5

Default Good Morning!

Hi All!

My 1st post, although I have been a lurker for a few weeks now. I started out doing Matol. While searching for Walden Farms, I found IP and this group. I have dropped 35 pounds and 24 inches since Sept 19th on Matol. I have tried some IP products and really like them - way more variety and no shipping!

The more I find out about IP, the more I like it! The coach I found is great. I am leaning the IP direction.

Heading over to my neighbor's for a little workout. Have a great day!
Old 01-02-2012, 10:34 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning!!

Wow, I was amazed at how much I missed this site and the support while I was out of town and didn't have access to the computer. I made the choice to wait to restart (most of you know I was having difficultly restarting at home anyways) until we got home from vacation, simply because when I do something I want to do it 100% and I didn't think I could follow through when we were guests in other people's homes for 3 weeks.

Had my cappuccino drink this morning, and am sipping on cup number 2 of coffee. Really looking forward to the energy boost from IP, because after getting in past midnight last night I need it!!

Welcome to all the newbies, and good luck to all on a wonderful 2012!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katied61 View Post
Yeah I made it through day one and am very pumped to continue. Enjoying trying all the different foods.
Welcome!! Stick with it and you will see amazing results!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoLoMN View Post
Thanks Lisa for starting the daily thread!

Good Morning Ipeeps,

I'm getting together with the girls today for shopping, peds, lunch and friendship. Should be a great day! They are both very supportive of my new lifestyle and that takes any stress of remaining OP away.

I WI first thing this morning, and will update my progress later.

Remain strong,
Jo
What a fun day!! I need a pedi badly but told myself I wouldn't be getting one until the car is completely unpacked and everything has a home again. Maybe tomorrow. Hope you have a great lunch, and it's so wonderful that you have friends who are supportive of your journey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Hi everyone. I will set up a new challenge later today and start a new thread for it. It'll be for valentines day. Hang in there. This diet really does work. I'm only 2 lbs above my weight goal range and hit goal in September. I feel so much better than this time last year, and didn't make a resolution that involved losing weight for the first time in my life.
What an awesome NSV!! I look forward to never again having to make a New Years resolution that involves my weight again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda13 View Post
Day 1 for me and my husband. Breakfast was all right - we split a serving of egg whites (well, about 4 egg whites and 1 whole egg) and a pure protein RTD frosty chocolate. We weren't too keen on the drink, but the eggs were yummy. Going to try the EAS RTD with lunch (celeriac fries and salad w/veggies).

Weighed myself last night - 193.5 pounds - which is MORE than what I weighed when I went into labor with my last child. So....my ultimate goal is to lose 50 pounds to make it down to 144, which would put me in a "normal" weight range for my height. Couldn't believe it when I looked at a BMI chart and realized I am now in the obese category! Time to make a change!

I know how you feel. I had the same realization when I got on the scale and saw my weight. The sad thing is I was also in better shape before I gave birth to my second baby. That's awesome your hubby is on board too, mine is skinny as a rail so he doesn't really understand it. I wish you all the best and welcome!!
Old 01-02-2012, 11:29 AM   #13  

My first day and I'm so excited! I have been reading a lot of the IP post here and am ready for the challenges.
I took so many vitamins this morning it was a meal in itself! Wuv2bloved, I love your motivation and enthusiasm! Good day all and I will be checking in often
Old 01-02-2012, 11:36 AM   #14  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Thanks Pxl, I was going to try and figure it out and not bug you to make another one. I know how busy you are with other stuff so thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
pkitty, YOu did a fantastic job on the program and you are a great inspiration to others!

Well, I just rambled on about a coffee creamer on another thread but I am going to repeat. I am not a "coffee" drinker but a good iced mocha is wonderful. So, I have been making a decaf German Chocolate Coffee and sticking it in the freezer while I shower and get ready in the morning. Then, I add a chocolate Muscle Milk lite or EAS and then 2T of the Peppermint Mocha Sugar-free creamer. I am telling you this is delicious, so run out and get it before it is gone. Hubby came home yesterday and said that he got the last one at Wal-Mart (all proud & happy) and I looked at it and said it is not Sugar -free. I will be on the hunt for it tomorrow. I had stocked the fridge with several after discovering how yummy it was, but everyone else loved it and I gave it away in the Christmas Spirit.

OK, just 1 pound away from my phase-off maintenance weight and ready to go downward to goal, lol. I have a slight headache today, but nothing like round 1 of IP. Good Luck to everyone and have a safe, healthy & happy New Year! Check in often
WOW Bella, ONLY 1lb away, that is awesome. I remember when you were having problems way back. So proud of you for sticking to it and getting to your goal.

Good morning and welcome to all of the newbies. This is a great site for information, recipes and TONS of support is out there, all you have to do is ask for it. SOMEONE will be on here to give it to you, I can promise you that. This program is very successful IF you stick to it with NO CHEATS!!...I for one along with many others are living proof of that. As of last Wednesday in 34 weeks, I've loss 115lbs and over 80 inches(From size 5x shirt now a 2x and pants were size 36 now size 22) Its a strict program but you just have to discipline yourself it CAN be done!! YOU are worth it and YOU can DO IT and WILL DO IT!!.....YOU GOT THIS....believe in yourself!!!!
Old 01-02-2012, 11:44 AM   #15  
Started IP 12/30/2011

S/C/G: 207.6/194.5/145

Height: 5'6

I'm on day 3 of IP. Have you guys experienced alot of gas in the beginning. I'm belching and pass gas alot. Also last night I would wake every two hours. Oh and yesterday (DAY 2) I was tried. I slept alot. Can you guys give me some insite on this?

On another note
i cheated yesterday and ate a hershey's mini choc. bar. I already beat myself up about it.

Last edited by 1FineChick; 01-02-2012 at 12:01 PM.
Closed Thread