Old 12-31-2011, 03:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Default Worldlies in January - Looking Back & Forward

Janus being the god of the new year has two faces - one looks back to the past and one looks forward to the future. This year will be what we make it. I'm hoping to:
Shift some of this weight
Finish some niggles around the house
Be a good friend to all my family and friends
Stay on the right side of the law (that's pushing it, when all I want to do is to knock some heads together and bellow at them to get with the program -sheez)
Work sufficient hours to put some money aside for travel
Stay healthy

Now you can all pick apart my new years wish list and tell me how to go about doing all that and while you are at it state your own aims.

For checking up on December goings on click http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/supp...ecember-5.html
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 01:08 AM   #2  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Words I can appreciate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shad View Post
So far Happy - it (the new year) looks bright and shiny. Long may it last.
I'm hoping it does too. 2011 was a year of incredible happy times, stressful moments and some downright - don't ever want to go there again - times. But it has ended on a wonderful note - here where we belong. It's snowing outside - big, light fluffy flakes thus proving true the tradition that if Christmas is dry, we get hammered at New Year's. Always a good thing I thought - keeps some people off the roads and at home safe and sound. I started the day off track and stayed that way - always 4 steps behind. I had picked up some nice ribs, a boneless ribeye roast, some shrimp and lobster tails all with the hopes of finding something special to make for our traditional New Year's Eve candlelight dinner. However by the time we got home from the store it was too late to make any of the nicer things and since we didn't want to be eating at 9pm, we had a light dinner of snacky stuff like cold cooked shrimp, cheese and crackers and some fruits and vegetables. It was nice. We watched some TV, kissed when the big ball dropped in Mel's town and I just went down and kissed DH again at midnight here and told him he could go to sleep now

Thanks for setting up the new thread Shad. I like the theme - I hope we all have lots to look forward to this year.

This year I would like to:
- deal with most of the packing boxes in the garages
- get more organized - I seem to be chasing my tail alot even though "I have all the time in the world now" NOT
- make some progress on the budgeting and weight loss front
- enjoy my new life here and get to some of the things I wanted to do when I finally had time
- finally switch my hours back around. I have shifted to my natural body clock of staying up really late and sleeping in. Even though it's still quite dark here at 7am, I think it's best if I get up earlier.

I think that's enough of a good start. to all - looking forward to another year of friendships. And with that, I bid you all a good night.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 08:36 AM   #3  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

JANUARY!!! HOORAY!!! WE HAVE ARRIVED AND ALL IN ONE PIECE!

WELL I FINISHED WITH THE PLUMBER JUST BEFORE 6 LAST NIGHT.
THEN DECIDED I BETTER TAKE A SHOWER BEFORE SONETHING ELSE HAPPENED.
WE HAD SPRUNG A GOOD SIZED LEAK IN THE MORNING ON THE LOBBY LEVEL.
THEN RIGHT AFTER SHOWER & DINNER I FELT INCREDIBLY ILL.
QUICK TRIP TO BATHROOM & THEN BED. ASLEEP BY 8:30.
I FEEL MY USUAL SELF THIS MORNING SO I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HAPPENED.
VERY WEIRD
NOTHING NEW HERE. STILL MAKING & REMAKING A LIST FOR SHOPPING NEXT WEEK.
TODAY I AM DOING NOTHING IF THE BLDG COOPERATES
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A HAPPY 2012 FILLED WITH MANY BLESSINGS

LOOKING FORWARD IN 2012:
WOULD BE NICE TO LOSE WEIGHT ALSO
CUT MORE TIME OUT OF THE OFFICE(i did "good" in 2011)
CONTINUE TO DESTRESS & DECLUTTER
PUT MONEY AWAY FOR A RAINY DAY AS SOON AS IT STOPS RAINING

SHAD.....OF COURSE I LOVE YOUR NEW YEAR THOUGHTS.
I WOULD LIKE TO DO BASICALLY THE SAME.
HOW DID THE GARDENING GO?? IS THE CASTLE FINISHED?
WHEN DO YOU GO BACK TO WORK? I FORGOT ALREADY

HAPPY.......HOPE YOU GET THE STUFF DONE WITH HUMAN RESOURCES.
CANDLELIGHT SUPPER....REMINDED ME OF OUR HYACINTH BOUQUET!!
YOU WILL HAVE TO JOIN A "SURF & TURF" CLUB OF THE MONTH
AND HAVE YOUR SPECIALTY THINGS FLOWN IN!!!
OR MAYBE DOGSLEDDED IN!!
HOPE THE WEATHER ISN'T TOO MESSY TODAY.

CEEJAY.....I HOPE YOU'RE FEELING MUCH BETTER TODAY.
JEN ALSO REMINDED ME THAT I FELT SICK LAST YEAR AT THE SAME TIME.
MAYBE WE ARE ALLERGIC TO HOLIDAYS!!!
LET'S GET WELL AND STAY WELL

HELLO TO OUR MISSING WORLDLIES

Last edited by MELODY525; 01-01-2012 at 08:39 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:15 AM   #4  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Wishing all my wonderful Worldly sisters a very happy, healthy and prosperous New Year!

I was pretty sore yesterday, so I didn't spend any time on the computer. We went to DH's aunt and uncle's to play cards yesterday afternoon, but were home by 8 pm. Then DH, DMIL and I watched TV until midnight.

Today, we're going back over to DH's aunt and uncle's to get together with some more cousins and watch the Packer game. I also have website work to do (today and/or tomorrow)...but I'm pretty darn sore so I don't know how much I'll be on the computer.

I hope you all are doing well.

Love, hugs, and Happy 2012 wishes to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 12:15 PM   #5  
Choose your hard

Good morning chicks,

Happy New Year to all. I hope it's a wonderful one for all of us and that the world does not end as predicted 12/21/12. BUT just in case it's thinking about it, it would behoove us to make the most of this year, right?

DH and I decided that we are taking today as a holiday - free to do whatever we want. He wants to take out the big TV in the basement - we need to replace it. The thing is a monster 5 foot giganto tv when they first came out with HD tvs. It doesn't work right and we got some quotes that said it's not worth the price to repair it. So we will put one of the others in it's place. But it's in a built in cabinet so it will be fun to get it out tho DH says he's been thinking on it and has figured out a way to get it out with minimal effort on my part. Hope so!

We'll be eating mighty good this week since we didn't have enough time to cook up the special dinner I planned yesterday and today's also special meal will get rolled to tomorrow. My new freezer comes tomorrow too and I am all set to stock that baby up! We got about 4 inches of soft new snow last night and it's still snowing very lightly out there. It's cold too, but nice and warm in the house and I have a heated throw blanket that will keep me comfy if I need it. So after helping DH with the tv and putting the roast on, I am ready for a nice quiet day to kick off the new year. Sure is nice not to have to fret over going back to work tomorrow.

Michelle - I am sorry to hear that you are so sore from your procedure. Your poor body has taken a beating lately. Just remember not to over do it and wind up like your DH although I understand with deadlines, sometimes things just can't wait. Happy New Year to you GF, I hope this one is a much healthier one for you.

Mel - I'm with you on looking for a quiet day today. I hope you get your wish. You said you scaled back on the office last year and I noticed (hope you did too) that you seemed to be free of outbreaks with the face and eyes. Not sure if the stress alone caused it or pushed you to eat some things which also made the situation worse but outside of a few tummy incidents which happen to us all, you were in a better place and we like you like that! I wish you good health and a few extra bucks in the wallet as you need them!

Shad - I sure hope you stay on the right side of the law this year - Didn't realize that was a conscious (?) decision for you And I liked your remark about being a good friend. Didn't think much about that until one of my co-workers said she just wasn't the good friend type and after that I watched her actions and realized that indeed, she wasn't a good friend at all. So I'm glad to have a good friend like you close to me

Ceejay - I saw it was quite warm by you yesterday. It sounded good - for a minute - but I think I'll keep my snow and stay here. I hope you didn't have to travel and had a good holiday so far.

Laura - did you find the perfect outfit for your NYE party? Hope you had a good time.

Annie - I know you kissed your sweetie at midnight - did you spend time with the family or just a private party with you and Curtis?

I guess I'd better go put my "tv moving" clothes on and go help DH. to all - wishing us health, love and enough in our pockets to take care of needs and have some fun this year.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:39 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning everyone and Happy New Year

Stayed up and watched the guitar drop from Beal Street in Memphis, TN.

My main goal or New Year's Resolution is not to let others, mainly my aunt, run my life.

Shad
Thanks for starting the new thread. I really like what Janus stands for. In fact at Beal street last night they were burying some things from the past which I thought was a good idea. They had people write things on sticky notes.

Mel
I'm feeling a lot better. Seems like I get depressed this time of year also. But today is a new day and new year and the sun is shining. That should make for a good day. Stress causes a lot of unknown issues to arise out of no where.

Happy
I'm taking this day as a holiday also. I'm not letting the prediction of the world coming to an end interfere with my life. Too much happening this year.

Michelle
Good for you in taking it easy after your procedure.

I'm going to make the traditional food for today, black eyed peas, cornbread, and I'm using spinach instead of cabbage for something green and ham instead of hog jowl.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:17 AM   #7  

Evening all,
Very slow day round here today. Public holiday but the transport and shops were working to a Sunday timetable. I went down to get some potting mix, hanging hooks and a couple of other bits and pieces. Went with 10 things on my list, came home with 5. Sold out, sold out more coming in a couple of weeks. Too late, I will get them elsewhere.

Not much else was achieved here.

Some good ideas coming out of the new year thoughts. We can do this. Might have to revisit per month or so to see where we are.

Gotta go. Clothes all over my bed and I can't get into it until I have done a couple of jobs. Back tomorrow.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:36 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Mel
Absolutley love your avatar.

Shad
Things are quiet here.

-----
I'm back to work and using the computer at work. It's doing like my home computer was last week.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 08:49 AM   #9  
Happy September

GOOD MORNING CHICKS OF JANUARY

YESTERDAY WAS FAIRLY QUIET. A LOT OF INTERRUPTIONS THOUGH.
CHRISTMAS ALWAYS BRINGS LOTS OF QUESTIONS OF "HOW DO I USE THIS" OR HOW DO I OPEN THIS".
ELECTRONICS ARE A PAIN FOR THE SENIORS......AND ME.
MOST OF THEM GOT NEW PORTABLE PHONES AND NO ONE HOOKED THEM UP.
WHAT DO THESE FAMILIES THINK IS GING TO HAPPEN.
ANYWAY.....I DID SQUEEZE IN SOME TIME FOR MYSELF AND SORTED CARDS.
EARLY DINNER & BED TO WATCH SOME TV BUT I FELL ASLEEP.
IF I WAS SMART, I WOULD GET OFF HERE AND WRITE REPORTS.
I COULD DELIVER THAM TODAY WHILE THE OFFICE IS STILL CLOSED
HOPE YOU GALS HAVE A GREAT DAY

SHAD......I LIKE THAT IDEA OF RECHECKING EACH MONTH.
MAYBE THAT'S HOW WE CAN START EACH MONTH OFF.
I FOR ONE COULD USE A REMINDER TO STAY STRONG!!!
SORRY THEY RAN OUT OF STUFF YOU NEED...
I COULD USE SOME POTTING MIX AND A BIGGER POT FOR MY "CHRISTMAS TREE" NEXT TIME YOU GO OUT JUST SAYING.

HAPPY....HOPE THE TV REMOVAL DAY WENT OK
ALSO HOPE NO ONE GOT HURT!!!!!
MY FACE CLEARED UP BECAUSE I WAS ON DRUGS FOR 6 DAYS IN THE HOSPITAL
ROSACEA GOES INTO REMISSION WHEN HEAVY DOSES OF ANTIBIOTICS ARE USED.
NOW HOPEFULLY IT WILL STAY THERE. I HAVE BEEN WATCHING STRESS & CAFFEINE.
ALSO ALL THE TRIGGER FOODS TOO. IT'S A REAL PITA!!!!
HOPE YOUR DAY "OFF" WAS A GOOD ONE!! GET ANY REST?????

CEEJAY.....THE NEW YEAR DINNER SOUNDED GREAT. WISH I WAS THERE
I LOVE YOUR THOUGHT FOR RUNNING YOUR OPWN LIFE IN 2012.
I CAN RUN MINE BETTER WITHOUT THE HELP FROM THE OFFICE
HOPE YOU ENJOYED YOUR WEEKEND

MICHELLE.....LOVE AND HUGS BACK TO YOU FOR A HAPPY AND PAIN FREE 2012. GET BETTER SOON.
Old 01-02-2012, 08:51 AM   #10  
Happy September

Ceejay....you Popped In Before Me You Sneaker Inner You!!
Thanks About The Avatar. I Lauged Out Loud When I Found It.
I Had Trouble With 3fc In The Office Too. I Tried It Last Week Jnust For The Heck Of It. Same Problems There Too. It Coesn't Matter Which Forum Either. Sigh. Hope Your Day At Work Is Smooth And "uneventful"!!!!
Old 01-02-2012, 11:19 AM   #11  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

Will have to come back later for personals. New freezer is getting delivered today and I have to clear some stuff out of the delivery path. Big to do list this morning.

Just wanted to say good morning and I'll be back this evening
Old 01-02-2012, 12:33 PM   #12  

Morning all. Didn't get here yesterday to wish you a Happy New Year, but I don't think it's too late yet! Happy New Year!! Hope 2012 is a fabulous year for everyone.

I'm now having problems w/ this site on my laptop, which I brought home from work for the weekend, so I'm posting from my iPhone. No probs here except for the tiny screen and keyboard!! So this will be very short, and no personals for now.

My Friday at work was very quiet. Saturday was breakfast w bf & a friend. The hotel party started with dinner at a nearby steak restaurant. Yum, haven't had steak in a while & boy was that ribeye tasty! Looking forward the Omaha steaks we received as a gift & also using my other service award gift cert, for which I chose a high end steak place. The gift card amount definitely won't cover the tab, but will put a dent in it.

The hotel party was a lot of fun, after getting past the security logistics of such a large event. As usual the band we like was a lot of fun.

The next day was a bit rough with the late night,sore feet & a slight hangover, but all was well after breakfast at a nearby local breakf joint, then back home for a nap, and a foot spa session for my tootsies.

Doggy got a walk right after we got home and I foolishly chose to walk by the creek- open spaces and windy as he!!. Oh well, he enjoyed most of it, but even Coal looked like the wind was getting to him towards the end!!

Well, you all seem to be miles ahead of me for your 2012 goals, I'll haveto give those some thought...right now just enjoying the quiet, and thinking of ordering some teas online from Market Spice, the shop in Seattle's pike place market.

Gosh I hope 3FC realizes the issues w the forum site & does something soon. The reality is that I usually post from work and I can't be adding new browsers
To a compaNy computer. And Lord knows I'll go insane typing on this phone, lol!! BTW, please excuse the typos!!

Hopefully back tomorrow w/ personals.

Cheers!

Last edited by Laura705; 01-02-2012 at 12:36 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 02:58 PM   #13  
Creating a Healthier Me

Hi everyone -

It's cold and snowy here. Well, not snowing, but the snow on the ground is blowing and drifting. Last day off of work and I spent the first several hours running errands...getting doggy medication, etc.

DH is down and out with a bad cold. He was in bed all day yesterday and has been in bed all day today. I'm trying to make sure I get lots of R&R and drink lots of fluids and take my vitamins (and stay the heck away from his germs) so I don't get sick.

I have a pot roast in the crockpot for an easy peasy dinner. Now it's time to get some website work done.

You all are way, way, way ahead of me in your 2012 goals. I'm going to get back to my healthy eating/light exercise routine today and set down some formal goals in the next week or so.

Sorry no time for personals today. I've got to make a dent in the website work because we need a new microwave (ours went kaput over a week ago) and we're tapped out between Christmas and doggie meds...so I need to send out some invoices.

BTW, I love the new avatars!! And I hope you're all starting the new year healthy and happy!!

Love and hugs to all,

Last edited by diyana; 01-02-2012 at 02:59 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:19 PM   #14  

Morning all,
The roses are starting to bloom again. Mel's Just Joey has at least three buds in progress and the Standard Rose called Radio Times has a spray of 4 or five buds ready to perfume the garden. Now if only the castle was finished and the cr*p put away, we could all sit in the yard and smell the roses and sip on tea or Mohitos or what ever you poison is and nibble on the good things of life.
Seems the new owners must be putting more American ads into the site - we are not having a problem over here. Maybe you need to ask the question on the forum page.

Laura - poor Coal. Fancy taking him along a windy and cold stretch when he could have been home taking it easy. You should not have the problem with browsers and sites etc. It works quite happily on my IE9. Fingers crossed.

Michelle - hope all is well in your place and you are recovering from the procedure okay. Are you back at work yet or still on holidays like me.

Annie - sorry your internet has failed again. Seems we will have to see if we can find the good computer fairy to set it right for you. Hate it when one of our chicks is out of communication for long periods.

Ceejay - our worker bee. Hope it stays quiet for you and you can carry on with other important things - like posting while you are there.

Happy - still snowing? How come the DH posted that he has had enough snow now? Don't tell me he is tired of the white stuff already. Hope the freezer arrived safe and sound and is now working away in the house. Are you having a garage sale with the things in the boxes that you can't fit into the house and associated garages and man-caves?

Mel - you seem to be hip hopping along and getting things done quietly. What happens if the kids get snowed into the trailer? I am presuming that Richies daughter and son have gone home. How did the kid break a leg anyway? and was that why she was sent up to NJ?

Time to get ready for a run/ jog/ walk. It's back to the routine for me this week - first day yesterday and I am not as sore as I thought. How come I can move up and down the hills at Whitby and not get as puffed as I do here on the flat?

Few more pictures from NZ. Better explain I suppose. First is the food induced coma after Christmas dinner. Next is a display of Asiatic lilies in the botanical gardens in Wellington. Third is a Pohutukawa tree in full bloom near Chris's place - Pohutukawa is the New Zealand Christmas tree and depending on how early it blooms (according to legend) determines whether the summer will be long and hot or not. The last is the iconic Wellington Cable Car. It's a fun ride up a very steep hill
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Food induced coma on Christmas Day.jpg (27.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Lilies in the Bot Gardnes.jpg (53.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Pohutukawa tree in full bloom.jpg (49.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg Wellington's Cable Car.jpg (56.6 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Shad; 01-02-2012 at 05:05 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:50 PM   #15  
Creating a Healthier Me

Shad - today is my last day of vacation...back to work tomorrow. I either need to win the lottery or become a best selling novelist. I can't believe 11 days off passed so quickly. Oh well, it was lovely while it lasted.