Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 01:05 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Friday 12/30/11

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Last edited by wuv2bloved; 12-30-2011 at 01:06 AM.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Default Living

From day to day we have many bumps and dips in the road...People can be so helpful or can totally sabbatoge your program and your lives. This is when you have to make this about you its not about doing for this for anybody but you. Your health, your peace of mind, confidence to get out and live, the will to make your life better and in doing this so many doors open up for you. The way people treat you because believe it or not you act differently and you have the power to do this for you.

Lets make 2012 about changing our lives for the better...This journey is about you. Its so worth it....
Old 12-30-2011, 08:23 AM   #3  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

So glad its Friday... I'm looking forward to getting this next week over with. since I start my new job on Friday!! So. A week from today!! I hope you ladies and gents have a Happy New Year!! I plan to stay completely OP.... As of right now NOTHING can stop me... And I mean NOTHING!! I do have a family cookie exchange thing to go to tonight... I just plan to go to show off myself!! Muhahah specially since they will all be stuffing their mouths with sweets!!!
Old 12-30-2011, 08:43 AM   #4  

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
So glad its Friday... I'm looking forward to getting this next week over with. since I start my new job on Friday!! So. A week from today!! I hope you ladies and gents have a Happy New Year!! I plan to stay completely OP.... As of right now NOTHING can stop me... And I mean NOTHING!! I do have a family cookie exchange thing to go to tonight... I just plan to go to show off myself!! Muhahah specially since they will all be stuffing their mouths with sweets!!!
Congrats on the new job!! I'm with you - glad this week is over. Ready to move on and kick A$$!! You look terrific, so go flaunt your new self to the family.

Happy New Year everyone.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:01 AM   #5  
Started IP Aug 2, 2011

S/C/G: 220/147/140

Height: 5'10

Looking foward to the long weekend. Still enjoying such mild winter weather here. Yesterday it poured rain, then snowed. Hopefully have a bonfire for new years eve.
Happy new year everyone
Old 12-30-2011, 09:45 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 164/151/130

Height: 5'3

Morning Everyone
Today is TOM day 2 and have to go weigh in today at a different clinic as mine is closed until the 3rd but I have a feeling that I gained significantly over this past week. UGH. I feel bloated and gross and my face is extremely dry. Not enough water I am sure. It feels like sand paper.
Wish me luck today and to all who are weighing in today I wish you luck. Oh and I have to buy my multi, and potassium as I ran out four days ago and haven't found anything remotely close. I have been taking prenatal multi, my IP calcium and no potassium so who knows what that is going to do to this old body???? Fingers crossed. I will post my results this afternoon when back. Bebe
Old 12-30-2011, 10:28 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
From day to day we have many bumps and dips in the road...People can be so helpful or can totally sabbatoge your program and your lives. This is when you have to make this about you its not about doing for this for anybody but you. Your health, your peace of mind, confidence to get out and live, the will to make your life better and in doing this so many doors open up for you. The way people treat you because believe it or not you act differently and you have the power to do this for you.

Lets make 2012 about changing our lives for the better...This journey is about you. Its so worth it....
So well said! Right there with you! Congratulations on your success!
Old 12-30-2011, 10:32 AM   #8  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Good morning, Just thought I would drop by and say HI and good luck to all the Weigh in's today. Another day closer to the New Year and the NEW YOU!!

Hope everyone has a great day....Smile
Old 12-30-2011, 10:43 AM   #9  
IP start date 1/3/2012

S/C/G: 232/185/160

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning All! I was looking for the "ip alternatives" thread and only found one that was closed. Can someone point me in the right direction or teach me how to look around the site. I am pretty new here and I am not all that computer literate. Any help will be appreciated.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:52 AM   #10  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

There are several members here who use alternatives, but not a designating posting area that I know of. We all just post in here. If you've read through the older post already and have some questions, post them here. We are all familiar with the alternatives and hopefully can help you out.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:52 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindac36 View Post
Good Morning All! I was looking for the "ip alternatives" thread and only found one that was closed. Can someone point me in the right direction or teach me how to look around the site. I am pretty new here and I am not all that computer literate. Any help will be appreciated.
Welcome, I am doing the alternatives as well, here is the open link:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
Old 12-30-2011, 10:55 AM   #12  

Good morning all! The scale was down 2 pounds today. I will be glad to get rid of this bloated feeling. I have to believe Dr. Tran in that our metabolism changes with this diet for the better. After all I ate on vacation I expected things to be worse.

Jellymay , congrats on losing over a 100 pounds and of course, go show off your new body and enjoy all the compliments.

Lindac, you were in the right spot! Closed just means you can't add any more posts to the thread, but do read all 500 posts and you will get a wealth of information. If you have questions, just post on the daily thread here.

Wuv, You have a great day too and enjoy your boys that are home from college. Are you still cooking up a storm for them? How is your mom doing on maintenance?
Old 12-30-2011, 11:02 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning,

Had my WI this morning instead of tomorrow as my coach won't be there, happy to have lost 3.6lbs and made it to 80lbs

Not much going on, freezing cold here. Have a few errands to run but otherwise i just plan on relaxing the next few days until i go back to work on tuesday.

Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 12-30-2011, 11:25 AM   #14  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyMae87 View Post
Jelly you look more and more lovely each day, you go and show them how great you are....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post

Judo, welcome back I hope you are doing great at your clinic and continue success with maintenance. Are you resetting your pancreas after the holidays?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junetwin11 View Post
Looking foward to the long weekend. Still enjoying such mild winter weather here. Yesterday it poured rain, then snowed. Hopefully have a bonfire for new years eve.
Happy new year everyone
Wasn't yesterday crazy, I was downtown for the first part of the day and by the time I drove to the Airport the roads were so much better and no accidents. Couldn't believe it when I got home and my street and driveway crunched all the way in... couldn't even scrap that stuff off the driveway... going to be warm again monday and tuesday... okay at least warm for Edmonton...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbebe View Post
Morning Everyone
Today is TOM day 2 and have to go weigh in today at a different clinic as mine is closed until the 3rd but I have a feeling that I gained significantly over this past week. UGH. I feel bloated and gross and my face is extremely dry. Not enough water I am sure. It feels like sand paper.
Wish me luck today and to all who are weighing in today I wish you luck. Oh and I have to buy my multi, and potassium as I ran out four days ago and haven't found anything remotely close. I have been taking prenatal multi, my IP calcium and no potassium so who knows what that is going to do to this old body???? Fingers crossed. I will post my results this afternoon when back. Bebe
You will be fine, not taking your supplements can have its effects as well. Let us know but you may be surprised...
Old 12-30-2011, 11:43 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 184.6/169/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbebe View Post
Morning Everyone
Bebe ~ I have the same feeling except I have started my TOM (yet) but I can tell its' coming. I weighed myself last night and it doesn't look like any loss but I am bloated so that figures. I just keep telling myself that this week will pass because I have been 100% OP so I know next week will be better!
~Aimee
Closed Thread