Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 01:06 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Thursday 12/29/11

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You[/QUOTE]
Old 12-29-2011, 01:14 AM   #2  
professor hardy harr!

Height: 5"1.5 (don't forget the .5)

posted this in the thread for the 28th, of course this one popped up right after lol my timing is excellent

i was wondering if anyone has taken biotin, zinc and B12 as a preventive measure to the hair loss some experience and if so was it successful for you?

admittedly i am terrified of this. I LOVE the diet but can't loose any of my hair
Old 12-29-2011, 01:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 236.4/204.3/125

I would also like to know about the hair loss part- Also is anyone else finding their body chemistry changing? Not just the breath thing but I am having to re-apply deodorant during the day. I guess in my case protein eaters are bald and stinky? Just kidding- but I don't think it's because they are making my deodorant cheaper nowadays.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:36 AM   #4  
professor hardy harr!

Height: 5"1.5 (don't forget the .5)

ummm i too am needing to reapply my deodorant mid-day haha

^^that i can handle. The hair-loss however has me scared. I know from biology that zinc, biotin and B12 are the building blocks of hair. My guess is that these things become depleted and lead to a deficiency which causes the hair-loss. I am hoping taking them in supplement form will ward off any affect the diet has on your hair. I don't know though for sure
Old 12-29-2011, 07:33 AM   #5  
Started IPD Dec 1, 2011

S/C/G: 188/182/140

Height: 5' 1 1/2"

Hey, I was JUST going to post today to see if anyone has NOT lost hair on IPD and I too want to take a preventative measure....
Old 12-29-2011, 08:22 AM   #6  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

I'm surprised that at the 3 1/2 month mark I haven't started to loose any hair. Last time I did Atkins I started to loose at about the 3 month mark and it lasted about 3 months. This time I am taking a high quality fish oil supplement and wondering if this is helping. If I hit the four month mark and no hair loss then I think I will be okay.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:37 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning, its so cold here today -28c with windchill....

I started losing my hair more after the 3month mark....i already don't have much hair so its freaking me out...i haven't been taking anything for it as i don't know exactly what to take.

WI is tomorrow, one day early, as my coach isn't there on saturday. Was at walmart yesterday wanting some new pants and couldn't get any...size 16 in regular clothes are too small and size 16 in the plus size are too big and they don't carry size 14 in the plus size so i was really getting aggravated. I'm in the regular XL shirts though (guess being small chested has its benefits, lol).

I think i'll be looking at the used clothing store for pants, i hate to pay $30+ for a pair of pants that i will only be wearing a couple of months.

Going to play bowling with the kids today, should be fun!

Have a great OP day!
Old 12-29-2011, 08:43 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiancandy View Post
posted this in the thread for the 28th, of course this one popped up right after lol my timing is excellent

i was wondering if anyone has taken biotin, zinc and B12 as a preventive measure to the hair loss some experience and if so was it successful for you?

admittedly i am terrified of this. I LOVE the diet but can't loose any of my hair
Biotin is great !!!go to a Vitamin shop they also have shampoo to take with it..Sally's does too..also I went with a hair spray and mousse that were helpful..and now my hair is more beautiful than before and healthy...When you start having the hair loss its your body getting rid of what was unhealthy to begin with and then it will grow back healthier and fuller.....
Old 12-29-2011, 08:50 AM   #9  

Default Hair Loss

Don't panic ....no worries...I went to Vitaman World and got the Super Biotin
5000 Milligrams....its great for Hair and Skin too...They also have a Shampoo and conditioner..

Its very important that you are taking your vitamins and eating all your veggies...

In the Ideal Protein it tells us that Your hair loss is temporary and its getting rid of what is weak and unhealthy to begin with...I know my hair is beautiful now..grew back thicker and fuller and I love it..I now even have a grown up beautitian and we are growing it out and changing my style...
Old 12-29-2011, 09:01 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiancandy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by clowngirl View Post
I would also like to know about the hair loss part- Also is anyone else finding their body chemistry changing? Not just the breath thing but I am having to re-apply deodorant during the day. I guess in my case protein eaters are bald and stinky? Just kidding- but I don't think it's because they are making my deodorant cheaper nowadays.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmg1989 View Post
Hey, I was JUST going to post today to see if anyone has NOT lost hair on IPD and I too want to take a preventative measure....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
I started losing my hair more after the 3month mark....i already don't have much hair so its freaking me out...i haven't been taking anything for it as i don't know exactly what to take.
I lost hair at the 3 month mark...it felt like a lot and I kinda freaked out as I don't have a lot to begin with. My BFFL (Best Friend for Life lol) said it wasn't noticable anyway.

So there is a hair loss thread - I bumped it for you.

I take Omega III and an Antioxidant...as you can see from the hair loss thread I have some growing back again. Which was a surprise as I didn't expect it to grow back until I was in maintenance.

Last edited by Ishbel; 12-29-2011 at 12:32 PM. Reason: mistake - I take omega III's not omega II lol
Old 12-29-2011, 09:05 AM   #11  

Wow Bowling sounds sooo fun...I think I will try and get a group together and go bowling Saturday...its time to kick the energy leven up and start working the exercise...
I'm sooo glad I'm back to finish my journey...and I don't care if its winter now..when spring come my body will be sooo ready..

:snow glo:: snowglo:
Old 12-29-2011, 10:25 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 175/142.6/138

Height: 5'5

Im back! The holidays had me without internet and then I've been super busy at work. As we say in the unit, Saving lives one 12 hour sift at a time, well i had 4 12 hour shifts so i sure hope it paid off lol.

I must admit that i weigh daily, and my scale is right on with my clinic. Today i hit goal!!!! WHOOOO! But I'm not at the fat % i want, so I am going to stay on Phase 1 another 2 weeks, then start my journey to phase off. My husband and I are going to Mexico is mid Feb. So hopefully timing is perfect! The one thing i did not consider was clothes and bathing suits... I was going to go shopping but what if i loose even more before we go? What a beautiful dilemma i have put myself in and i couldn't be more thrilled!!

My birthday is Saturday (new Years eve) and for once my New Years resolution is not to lose weight. I could just cry a lot of happy tears if i let myself think about it!

Stick with it my friends, it took me several weeks of not loosing weight and then whoosh. Stay positive, stay of plan, and just keep reminding yourself it is all worth it!
Old 12-29-2011, 10:31 AM   #13  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyDi2010 View Post
I must admit that i weigh daily, and my scale is right on with my clinic. Today i hit goal!!!! WHOOOO! But I'm not at the fat % i want, so I am going to stay on Phase 1 another 2 weeks, then start my journey to phase off.
WOW! SUPER! What a tremendous gift to yourself.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:37 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 276/270/185

Height: 5'8''

Good morning everyone!! Nothing much going on here. WI this afternoon and NOT looking forward to that!! Between my Christmas cheating and TOM I have a feeling I will not be a happy camper by the end of the day!! But I have only myself to blame and only I can change it.

Good luck to everyone with WI's today and congrats to all with losses and NSV's!! Have a great OP day!!
Old 12-29-2011, 11:10 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 147/147/130

Height: 5'0

good morning everyone

I have my WI on Saturday a.m. but scared to step on the scale lol.

How long would it take my body to recover from all the xmas goodies I've had since Sat and Sun? I'm been OP since then so here is hoping I won't gain this Sat or even if I gain a lb I wouldn't mind.

Really hesitant to step on my home scale to find out though lol. Serves me right!
Closed Thread