Old 12-29-2011, 03:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 269/236/180

Height: 5'8

Question Can I Drink 2 packets at once?

I am a Prof. Make-up Artist, I'm literally on my feet doing make-overs with no breaks 6-8 hrs at a time... I sometimes just don't have the time to drink my protein till after work. (which isn't till 9 pm sometimes)

Is it ok to put 2 packs on my shaker and drink them both at the same time? Or maybe have a drink packet along with my dinner?
I had an idea of maybe drinking 2 packs plus my dinner as soon as I got home or maybe having 2 packs for breakfast before I leave to work???

My coach is a very nice lady but I feel she doesn't understand my JOB. I can't sneak food or drinks while I'm doing a makeover (kinda gross)

Any advice would help. My weight is stuck! I haven't lost any weight in over 3 weeks due to my crazy schedule! I have maintained, and I think its cus I'm only having 2 packs a day if I'm lucky! Haven't even had a chance to go in for weigh ins due to my schedule either! (hubby picks up my IP for me)
NewSexyMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:02 AM   #2  

Well, I don't know if it's the right thing to do or not, but I did it this morning. I mixed a cappucino that I don't really care for and a chocolate shake. I heated in the microwave. It was delicious and I'm full. Still only 180 calories for breakfast. It's better than wasting supplements that I don't like and it will hold me over for a little longer. I really don't see what it can hurt.
justbeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 147/147/130

Height: 5'0

can you buy the pre made drinks and sneak in 2 mins to gulp it down during the day? it's best you don't go more than 4 hrs between meals.
Trinique125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:40 AM   #4  
Started IP Aug 9/2011

S/C/G: 266/195

Height: 5' 7"

I'd been saving up to have a couple packet together so I had something more substantial and was told only 1 packet at a time as my body can not process that much protein at once and I needed to spread my meals out. I'd suggest doing what Trinique124 suggests and get the RTD shakes even if they are an hour or two a part.
Y Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:43 PM   #5  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

From the sounds of it you aren't drinking all of your water either and that is very important along with having your packets. I understand your job, my cousin is a very busy hairdresser and he takes 3-5 mins between clients to get his shake in and a few glasses of water. The RTD work best for him cuz he doesn't have to take the time to mix it. 3-4 swallows and he is done.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:48 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbeu View Post
Well, I don't know if it's the right thing to do or not, but I did it this morning. I mixed a cappucino that I don't really care for and a chocolate shake. I heated in the microwave. It was delicious and I'm full. Still only 180 calories for breakfast. It's better than wasting supplements that I don't like and it will hold me over for a little longer. I really don't see what it can hurt.

Did you mean packets instead of supplements? Skipping the supplements is not a good idea, they are a very important part of the program.

Pat
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 04:08 PM   #7  

Thing is this....store policy doesn't allow ANY food or drinks besides water on the cosmetic floor. Everything is kept in my locker upstairs. I'm fine with my 60-90 oz of water a day.... It's the protein I have a hard time with.

Ok look tell me what you think:
(Mind you My sleeping pattern is horrible)
I wake up at:11 am take my Thyroid meds (cant eat anything till 1 hr after)
Get dressed and drink my first protein by 1:30
Go to work from 3-9
Get home eat dinner and have another protein.
I don't go to bed untill 2-3 am

Do you think its ok to squeeze in a protein like after midnight? I don't do it cus I was told No food 3 hrs before bedtime...I

My schedule will change after Jan....so I still have a whole month to go!! My brain is just not working, I can't figure this out. LOL, Holidays have burned me out.
PLZ GIVE ME YOUR OPINION! IT'S an expensive diet. And I feel I'm wasting my $$$.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:33 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

I would certainly have the protein after midnight. You are on a very different schedule than most people.

Pat
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:42 PM   #9  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewSexyMe View Post
Thing is this....store policy doesn't allow ANY food or drinks besides water on the cosmetic floor. Everything is kept in my locker upstairs. I'm fine with my 60-90 oz of water a day.... It's the protein I have a hard time with.

Ok look tell me what you think:
(Mind you My sleeping pattern is horrible)
I wake up at:11 am take my Thyroid meds (cant eat anything till 1 hr after)
Get dressed and drink my first protein by 1:30
Go to work from 3-9
Get home eat dinner and have another protein.
I don't go to bed untill 2-3 am

Do you think its ok to squeeze in a protein like after midnight? I don't do it cus I was told No food 3 hrs before bedtime...I

My schedule will change after Jan....so I still have a whole month to go!! My brain is just not working, I can't figure this out. LOL, Holidays have burned me out.
PLZ GIVE ME YOUR OPINION! IT'S an expensive diet. And I feel I'm wasting my $$$.
What about taking your thyroid medicine at bedtime (watch calcium near that) and then, you can have a packet as soon as you get up and another right before work, dinner after work and another packet before bed?

I don't wait the hour to eat after taking my thyroid all the time, but I don't want to suggest you do something wrong. It just seems you'd be feeling better at work if you could get a second packet in there.

Two packets at the same time is a lot of protein, but even if you could spread it out over a couple of hours it might be better. Make sure you are drinking water though and I'd want to add some Magnesium Citrate in there as well---just to help with potential plumbing issues.
Marionm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 05:46 PM   #10  
Restart IP 10/19/2013

S/C/G: 195/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Drinking water causes me to visit the ladies' room constantly during the work day. What do you do about that? Can't you slam down a drink while you walk to the bathroom?
sekc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:19 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 147/147/130

Height: 5'0

I was thinking the same thing, I pee every 20 mins myself, lots of time in between bathrooms breaks to gulp it down lol
Trinique125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 02:59 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 236.4/204.3/125

I understand what you go thru because sometimes my schedule is the same. Unfortunately what happens sometimes if you don't space your meals out you will get light headed and you do not want to pass out in front of a client. I would drink a protein pack in the morning and then have a protein meal bar in your pocket or in your purse at work. That way when you do go to the restroom even though its not the best place to eat something you dont have to mix anything and can eat the bar pretty quick. Spacing your meals will actually help you lose more weight so your body doesn't think you are starving it. Think of it this way- if you had low blood sugar or diabetes you would have to take a small break to eat something small or stop to take insulin. It's the same thing. It's your health. A bar a day for someone on their feet all day is not a bad thing.
clowngirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 04:47 AM   #13  

You guys gave me an idea, and it worked!
I went up to the store manager and told him due to my "health" I was on a very special diet and needed to have a snack on hand at all times just in case....he said that was perfectly fine as long as I was discreet and wasn't with a client!

I feel like I technically didn't lie...LOL! Either way it worked! A bar will be better than nothing at all! Today I had my dinner at 10 and I drank a Pink Lemonade after midnight.
Let's see if this scale starts moving again! Thank you guys!! I needed a little help thinking...
Old 12-30-2011, 10:35 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 206/174/160

Height: 6'0"

I think the most important thing here is just that you get all of your food in; whenever and however you can. It's such a low-calorie diet, that if you miss some foods, it might throw your body off.

Sometimes, I have two IP packets at lunch...IE: chili w/ a pudding for dessert - and then I just skip my after dinner snack. So far, it hasn't affected me at all
sarahmayhem is offline   Reply With Quote