Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 01:20 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Tuesday 12/27/11

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You[/QUOTE]
Old 12-27-2011, 01:57 AM   #2  

Red face

Today is Day #1 and I am excited and a little nervous. Mostly worrying about evening eating (I have been a nighttime grazer for years.) I wonder if other night owls on the site have had successes battling this?
Old 12-27-2011, 07:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundSwimmer View Post
Today is Day #1 and I am excited and a little nervous. Mostly worrying about evening eating (I have been a nighttime grazer for years.) I wonder if other night owls on the site have had successes battling this?
SoundSwimmer. Congratulations, Today is the first day of the rest of your NEW life!!! The first 3- days will be the hardest of this journey. I too was a nightime grazer, but I do not crave food any longer. If I do get a little hungry I will make myself a small salad or eat a couple of pickles or drink a cup of herbal tea until it is time to have my drink. I save my third drink to drink an hour before bed, and so far so good. You find on here that hot herbal tea is a life saver for us. You can do it and you will find TONS of support on this forum.

Good Morning IPeeps,
I survived the Christmas holiday with no trouble at all!!! I was able to cook and serve and not sample a thing. We went to NC to have Christmas with my husbands family on Christmas Eve, and I go up early, around 5:00 Christmas Eve morning and made a Sausage, Cheese Grit Casserole so my step-son could have something hot to eat for breakfast. He wasn't able to eat it before he left but he took a big bowl with him and ate it when he got to work. Then my DIL was getting ready to go to her side of the family for their Christmas and she had a little taste. Then she said that I must have alot of WILLPOWER to make this and not eat any of it.

We came back to TN that evening and went to my sister's for Christmas, when we got there mom said, "There is Egg Nog French Toast in there for breakfast." Then she kinds said oops, and looked at me. I told her that I am fine, I have my drink and all is good.

Well, I had my 6th weigh in this morning and I am happy to say..........WOOOOOSSSSHHHH.....5.2 pounds gone for good. WOOHOOO
I hope everyone has a great OP day!

Last edited by rissimo; 12-27-2011 at 08:01 AM.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 287/144/150

Congrats! I hope I see a loss come thurs.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 287/144/150

I have had a NSV over the passed two weeks. My medication has reduced from two BP meds a day to only half the dosage of one of course all of these changes has reduced my loss during that period but at least it is still a loss ,yeah!
Old 12-27-2011, 07:57 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Wow its good to be back on line here...I've missed everyone and the encouragement..went thru a very tuff fall we had a few deaths in the family and I came off the last of some medication the doctors were giving me...
I have RA and Fibromyalgia and Doctors were giving me cymbalta...oh wow coming off that medication is a fight..but I'm better now and ready to tackle 2012...
I have a few pounds to get off from all this turmoil and I'm back doing my thing..

Old 12-27-2011, 08:06 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Last night I had a dream about shopping for skinny jeans! I guess this diet can make you a Clairvoyant!!! LOL!!!
Old 12-27-2011, 08:29 AM   #8  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Hey everyone. Just a quick note for those of you on the daily thread. I've been on maintenance since Oct... I'm up a little over my goal weight range, so stepping back on Phase 1 for a while until the weight comes off. I am planning to get all the holiday junk out of the house today and also work on cleaning/donating toys. I have this week off work, so it's time to whip the house in shape for a healthy and happy 2012!

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Last night I had a dream about shopping for skinny jeans! I guess this diet can make you a Clairvoyant!!! LOL!!!
What a great dream! Before IP, I wore a 16/18. Now my skinny jeans are a size 4, and my fat ones are a size 8. You will be in skinny jeans before you know if it if you just stick with it.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:29 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 337/164/160

Height: 5' 6.5" ('cuz the .5 counts!)

Why do Monday holidays always mess me up for the rest of the week? I already have a HUGE note on the counter to remind me to WI tomorrow morning. This week is likely a stabilizing week for me as I lost 10# in the last 2 weeks.

Quote:
Today is Day #1 and I am excited and a little nervous.
Welcome SoundSwimmer - don't be nervous. There are lots of people who are on the same journey and have wisdom and insights to share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rissimo View Post
:Well, I had my 6th weigh in this morning and I am happy to say..........WOOOOOSSSSHHHH.....5.2 pounds gone for good. WOOHOOO
Rissimo - congrats! Extra nice gift to yourself after doing nice things for others over the last few days!

I didn't have any trouble with Christmas dinner - turkey and green beans for me. Still only my DH & mom know what I am doing, but no comments about what I wasn't eating. And no food coma for me after dinner.

There was more talk about my high school aged niece who has recently decided to become a vegetarian. Mom & I made a special casserole for her - zucchini, mushrooms, spinach with pasta (all things she has eaten before with us). Her uncles noticed she wasn't eating it - come to find out she doesn't like zucchini, mushrooms or spinach - when did THAT happen? We support her decision to be vegetarian if she learns to combine foods to get all the nutrients she needs - not the kind of vegetarian that only eats tater tots for dinner. Blah!
Old 12-27-2011, 10:38 AM   #10  
IP start date 1/3/2012

S/C/G: 232/185/160

Height: 5'9"

good morning all and congrats on staying on plan through the holidays. Only 1 more week before I start and I love reading the daily encouragement. I get my "Yes, I am going to succeed at this" from my daily readings with you!
Old 12-27-2011, 10:41 AM   #11  
IP start date 1/3/2012

So glad I found you before I started.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:44 AM   #12  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Well this afternoon is WI. I'm hoping for at least 2lbs!!! Keep your fingers crossed!!
Old 12-27-2011, 11:10 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 184.6/169/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Welcome Soundswimmer! Lots of encouragement and wisdom in these forums so make sure you look around. Go to the newbies page and the sticky notes for lots of information. Also go to the forum called "What I Wish My Coach Had Told Me" because there are some things that pop up that I wasn't even aware of. Beware of hormones, it can mess up your BC and you may have more frequent or less TOM so if you are within the age range for this just keep a watchful eye. There are daily threads everyday so there is always someone to answer a question or offer support. As far as the nightime eating, my guess is it was more out of boredom rather than hunger. So I would suggest trying to replace your eating with a new healthier habit, reading a book, playing a game, etc. Stick with it! I had my 2nd WI yesterday down 9 lbs and 20.25 inches. You are worth it!
Old 12-27-2011, 11:31 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 276/270/185

Height: 5'8''

Good morning, everyone!! Congrats to all who stayed OP for the holiday!! I wish I had as I feel terrible now. I knew I would regret it, but I had it in my mind that I would go off-plan for Christmas and that is what I did. I don't know why I did, but I did. It's in the past now, nothing I can do about it except learn and be prepared for the next challenge that comes about. I will NOT be going off-plan at New Year's. I'm sooooo glad Christmas is behind me and I have my normal routine back!!

My husband and I got a new treadmill for Christmas because our other one broke a few weeks ago. We put it together yesterday and I plan on trying it out this afternoon. My New Year's resolution is to be able to RUN on it by summertime.

Congrats to everyone with losses and NSV's and good luck to those who WI today! Have a great OP day!!
Old 12-27-2011, 11:35 AM   #15  
IP start date 1/3/2012

Is there a link to a current IP protocol manual? It seems like coaches are giving out different info. If the clinics have a manual or a protocol that is standardized, it would be nice to read. Thanks
Closed Thread