General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 12-26-2011, 09:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 170/153/??

Height: 5'9"

Default Presents!!

Anyone get any cool presents???

Well, X-mas here is typically about just getting together as a Family and enjoying each other's company. I only get one present from my boyfriend - but that one present is pretty darn cool:

Tickets to a Feist concert in Cologne, Germany in March! The venue is super small and intimate. Of course he also gifted me a copy of the new CD. It is SO good.

I can't wait to download the cd onto my ipod and jog to it - it is sort of mesmerizing.

Did anyone else get anything unexpected/ cool??
Unna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 10:08 AM   #2  
Creepin' in the Corner

S/C/G: 300/272/160

Height: 5'5"

During xmas dinner my dad told me there's a box of my old toys somewhere above the garage! Not really a gift, but I'm excited to see what's there.
Fingers crossed for awesome 80's and 90's toys. I remember having loads of Barbie, My Little Pony and such.
retrogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 10:54 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 266/152/140

Height: 5 ft 9

Well, I've been with my new boyfriend for 4weeks now and as we haven't been together that long, we agreed that we wouldn't buy presents, instead we'd go and do something together. On christmas eve he hands me a bag from a jewellary shop, and says that he saw it and wanted to get it for me. I open it on christmas day and inside was the most beautiful pendant, simple but striking which is me all over.
IsobelRose22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:01 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

My fiance's Sister and his nieces and nephew went to Build A Bear Workshop, and made me a cat. It is so cute and cuddly. And my fiance got me a charm bracelet and a pair of beautiful earrings.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

I've been fawning over black diamonds for a few months now. My boyfriend got me an amazingly beautiful white and black diamond ring. I love it!
mammasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 05:09 PM   #6  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

My parents gave me a big tupperware-type container (and threw in a 1/2 batch of their chili ) and a grocery store gift card. Both of those will come in handy. They gave me a few other things too, but I mainly just enjoyed getting to spend time with them.
theox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 07:15 PM   #7  
Clawing my way back

S/C/G: 290/ticker/140

Height: 5'

My nieces gave me a gift card for Reitman's for $40. Reitman's is having a 70% off Boxing Week sale right now, so I can go get some nice clothes this week for school, which starts again in a few weeks. I wasn't expecting that, but certainly appreciate it. I also got a beautiful Labradorite inuksuk necklace from my brother and sister-in-law.

Santa was quite good to me as well, I got a trip to Las Vegas for midterm break in February! It wasn't unexpected however, as I am Santa in my house!
Ookpik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 09:44 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 285/211/165

Height: 5'6"

My sister got me a (Mr. Coffee) Keurig coffee maker! I have wanted one for a while and it is just perfect for one person. They also got me the reusable pod so I can use regular coffee in it. My son got me a bagel slicer (with Grandma's help - he is 8) because he has a bagel for breakfast a few times a week and I always complain about slicing them.

The favorite gift I GAVE was to my 2yo nephew - a kiddie digital camera. He absolutely loves it and has taken hundreds of pictures... mostly of walls, still working on the aiming part, but he is hilarious.
juliana77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 10:01 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 134/126/under 124

Height: 5'2.5

Among other things, my mom sent me a tiny little Mason jar drinking glass with Linus and Snoopy on it. I grew up loving Peanuts comics and have the same picture of Linus and Snoopy on a coffee mug I use every day that my mom bought me a few years back.

It was just a small stocking stuffer but it meant so much to me. I live halfway across the world and didn't get to see my family for Christmas this year (or last). Having a piece that my mom found, probably at some small antique or thrift store, that reminds me of my childhood is just so touching. I'm getting a bit chocked up just writing this!

I don't get all the complaints people have about bad Christmas gifts... it really is about the love they put behind the presents and getting to spend time with them. It's nice to see all the happy posts here about the touching and thoughtful gifts/experiences people received this holiday
indiblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:40 PM   #10  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ookpik View Post
Santa was quite good to me as well, I got a trip to Las Vegas for midterm break in February! It wasn't unexpected however, as I am Santa in my house!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliana77 View Post
The favorite gift I GAVE was to my 2yo nephew - a kiddie digital camera. He absolutely loves it and has taken hundreds of pictures... mostly of walls, still working on the aiming part, but he is hilarious.
What a wonderful present!
theox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:19 AM   #11  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

I gave a great gift that I got to enjoy as well. We normally visit my family for Christmas, but since we couldn't travel this year I got us tickets for a football game on Christmas Eve day. The tickets came with a parking pass for a lot that was literally a few rows from the stadium so getting in and out was a breeze, and we sat in the front row of a climate-controlled suite and watched our home team lose. Neither of us ever really watch football and so we were dependent on the cheers or jeers of the crowd to tell us what was going on most of the time, but we had a blast! It was just something fun and different to do together since we couldn't be with family for the holidays this year.
chickadee32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 04:56 AM   #12  

My partner got me Star Wars; the old Republic MMORPG =) That takes care of the whole year!
Sinoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:07 AM   #13  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Sonic Generations from my fiancée. Running through 3D Green Hill Zone? Yes please </nerd>
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:27 PM   #14  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Spouse got me a Bluetooth keyboard for my iPad to make posting on 3FC easier!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:02 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 145/160/120

Height: 5'6

I was gifted some really pretty scented candles in beautiful jars, some smellies and make up, and a DVD of Merlin s1-3 I really loved everything, but as I'm no longer a child I definitely prefer giving my friends and family their presents, especially this year as I'd found really ideal gifts for them!

I received some money also, so I did a little post-Christmas splurge and got myself a Clarisonic Mia, after years of longing for one :-)
serendipity907 is offline   Reply With Quote