Old 12-26-2011, 10:46 AM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Default Simply Filling/Core Weekly Chat Dec 26 to Jan 1

Wow..my first time starting the weekly thread ..

Is everyone out shopping or sleeping in ??

I was planning a lazy day watching movies & resting but
after seeing how close I am to being finished with the master list
I have been working on since April I am inspired.

But first I must deal with auto repair details.. My car is in the shop and Robin's truck now has a transmission that is slipping gears bad.. Pretty bad when you have 2 nice vehicles and they both have problems at the same time. My Toyota Highlander is a 2005 and I am considering a new car. I have had 3 major issues in the last 9 months.. Now its an alternator. I think I just want to lease a car and have zero maintenance issues.

Last edited by nancy237; 12-26-2011 at 01:02 PM. Reason: meant 9 months
nancy237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 10:55 AM   #2  

See why I don't start threads..

I put in too many "1" s

I changed the thread title to Jan 1..but the main title still says til jan 11.

If anyone knows how to correct that let me know..
Old 12-26-2011, 11:18 AM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks!

Hey, Nancy! Thanks for the thread. I just got up at 9:30 after being up from midnight until 3:00....as you know!

No lazy day for us. We have the after Christmas get together with leftovers and put together kid toys extravaganza planned. My Niece bakes a ham and I made homemade macaroni and cheese and a jello mold. Then we'll eat Christmas cookies and candy for dessert. Tomorrow is our lazy pj day though for sure.

BTW, you didn't ask for my opinion but I would never lease a car. I know that it is not the best financial way to go from listening to my hero Suze Orman. I'm afraid I can't clearly explain why it isn't a good idea, but I can't. I think it boils down to it costs way more in the end than it would to just buy a car outright. You know that they don't build them to last anymore. We have a 2005 Buick LeSabre and the transmission had to be replaced before it was 3 years old. Luckily, we had the extended warranty and it only cost us $50!. You do need something reliable for sure.

Hope the rest of you Chicks are having fun playing with your toys!

I'll be back tomorrow.
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:19 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

I don't know how to change the main title either...we'll all find our way here I bet.

I'm resting today, except for getting some exercise. I've dug out my exercise videos to work out to, then I'm going to lift some weights. I will not step on the scales though!
Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:21 AM   #5  

PS: I've heard the same thing that Vickie has about leasing. I believe it is a good idea if you are on the road a lot, like for business...but, for the rest of us it's not such a good idea.

Do you have a mechanic you can trust? They're worth their weight in gold.
Old 12-26-2011, 12:28 PM   #6  
Southside White Sox Fan

Here's a Suze Orman article on Yahoo about leasing. Hope they leave it up for you to see; otherwise google Suze Orman on leasing cars.

http://biz.yahoo.com/pfg/e16buylease/
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 01:07 PM   #7  

hello chicks.

My take on leasing. My husband worked at Ford Motor Co, so we get the employee discount on the sticker price. When I worked, I did lease a vehicle. It wasn't any fancy smancy car. It was a Taurus. I like to trade every couple years and it just made sense to lease. My payment was smaller, when the lease was over I didn't have to dicker with the salesman on a trade in value, etc. etc. You just turn the car in and get a new one. Today I wouldn't lease. For one thing, we put too many miles on our car and would go over my limit and have to pay per mile at the end. It worked out for me when I leased, so I wouldn't say to never lease. It depends on each person.

We are relaxing today. Nothing to return.

Vickie, did you get your bathroom completed? Where are the pics, lol.

Rhonda, you say you are resting then rattle off a list of all these exercises. I'm tired just reading about it. I say just sit back and enjoy the day.
pam920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 01:14 PM   #8  

Probably right about leasing . I should just start looking at 1 year old cars...
Maybe after all this work my car will not need anything for awhile. I love the car but I think I could get something with better gas milage.
I have so much else to sell i should just worry about the car next year.

I have read that stuff on leasing but I still wonder if you invest the money instead of paying cash for a car and use the interest earned for the monthly payment how the math works out that way...

I am off to buy dog food..My son's lab is here , so with the 2 of them they go through a bag fast. I gave them ham this morning for a hold me over til I got to the store. They loved that...So I have Tucker(dog I found & can't decide if I am keeping), Riley (son's dog) Ripley (son's rat) Marco (grandson's hamster)
and Cat (the only pet that belongs here) Its a zoo !!

Jan 1 ..South Beach here I come..I am waiting so I don't waste all the food in the house this week and with the boys still here I can eat what they eat.
Old 12-26-2011, 03:42 PM   #9  

has anyone exercised with kettlebells? Thinking about getting one
Old 12-26-2011, 04:33 PM   #10  
focused and aiming

Nancy, thank you for the new pages.

Vickie, sounds like a busy, fun-filled day for you and Jim. enjoy yourselves.

Rhonda, Curtis and I did Leslie Sansone's "Walk Away the Pounds" this morning. I hope this becomes habit forming.

Pam, I have not used kettlebells. Sorry I can't help.

I went grocery shopping this morning. We're stocked with CORE foods. Life is good.

Have a great day, everyone!
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 04:41 PM   #11  

Pam, I use kettlebells (KB) in some of my routines. The KB swing is great, and there is a lot on YouTube. I use the 26 pound one, but you might want to start with 10. Form is important, as it is in all exercise. Go for it. There are KB challenges on the 3FC site under exercise.

I was worn out after lifting weights, actually. I had a cold last week and didn't do much. One puny little cold and I become a weakling

Sandra, good for you and Curtis. I like LS's videos; they keep you moving which is sometimes hard to do when you're actually walking.
Old 12-26-2011, 04:45 PM   #12  

Pam, here's one on 3FC..she says she'll post videos.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exer...challenge.html
Old 12-26-2011, 11:04 PM   #13  

I knew Rhonda would know about them. I ordered a 15# and it will be here late next week. I know we are walking a lot lately, but I just don't feel like I'm getting enough out of it. My husbands glucose is under control, so it's helping him and he feels great too. I have Leslie tapes, and the last one I bought is an excellent workout (better than her earlier ones). It was only $10 and it uses the bands, and its 1-2-3-4 mile workouts. But, I've been seeing those kettlebells on Biggest Loser and thought they might be worth looking into.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:19 PM   #14  
focused and aiming

Pam, I'm still using the older LS tapes. I am soooooo out of shape.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 12:00 AM   #15  

Some people claim KBs are IT! I like working with them, but I've got a "catch" in my right hip that has been slowing me down on the upswing