Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 09:27 AM   #1  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Default IP Daily Chat Friday 12/12/23

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You[/QUOTE]
Old 12-23-2011, 09:30 AM   #2  
start IP Feb 8 2011

Good Morning all I hope you all have a great day and a Happy Holiday Season no matter what you are Celebrating.

I am at work today but it seems a lot happier place today, maybe because we all get the next 4 days off... or it could be all the sugar everyone is consuming.

Be strong my friends, it will be rough but I am planning on making a totally OP turkey and side dishes on Sunday.. I have slowly fed my friend (who is coming over) roasted vegetables the last month or so so that she will be shocked at not having the regular fat ladden foods...

Have a great Weekend!
Old 12-23-2011, 09:58 AM   #3  
start IP Feb 8 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junetwin11 View Post
Wooo Hooo down 2.6 this week Officially hit the 70 lb loss
Congrats JuneT 70 lbs you are doing so great.
Old 12-23-2011, 10:17 AM   #4  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Thanks 2ride for starting the thread!! Hope everyone is doing well! I'm spending most of the day with my mom. She is my biggest supporter. So I know that I will bee completely OP. But I'm always OP so I don't have to worry about much!! Haha!

I'm definitely ready for Xmas to be over now! My bf is a driver for FedEx... So he has been everyones Santa as usual this time of year!! So we will have Saturday to ourselves before we get his daughter on Sunday at noon! So it will be nice to actually hold a conversation. LOL. Last night I went to work with him to spend some time with him... So I was running to all the doors.. it was a nice lil work out!!

Alright. Well enough of my rambling... I hope everyone has a great weekend! And don't use the excuse of "its christmas" to allow yourself to cheat!! It's not worth it!!
Old 12-23-2011, 10:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 184.6/169/145

Good morning everyone! I have my second WI on Monday and I am not going to lie, I am still HUNGRY in the afternoon and in the evening everyday. My coach tells me that it might take me longer because if I was eating really bad then it takes longer to detox. I kind of thought more people than myself ate bad so I wonder why it takes me so long. They keep discouraging me from 4 packets a day SO I said I would wait until Monday and see how I feel. Went out of town shopping yesterday and stayed OP. Took a RTD shake and got a plate full of veggies (plain) at the chinese restaurant at the food court. It was basically a plate of cabbage but that was okay. Hope everyone is having a great week. Christmas will be here before we know it! Remember the reason for the season Talk to you all later.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:22 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 337/164/160

Height: 5' 6.5" ('cuz the .5 counts!)

Quiet day at home for me.....not much money to spare so I thought I would go shopping in my closet.

Found out I am in between sizes in pants in my own closet. That was frustrating. My torso and legs are thinning out, but my stomach & tukas don't seem to want to cooperate and do their share of shrinking.

I got over it. Figured that one day my middle will finally decide to let go of the fluff it is holding and as I walk down the street my pants will just fall off. If a stranger comments about my pants on the ground, I will just say "it's about time!"

So I had a good laugh and moved on to shirts. I hadn't tried many of them on with one of the new bras I just bought. Found several that fit much nicer. One v-neck knit in particular would make my DH sit up and take notice. I already bought him a gift and am not sure he has been good enough to get an extra.

Hope all in the IPeep tribe have a safe and fun weekend.
"Merry Whatever and Happy Everything!"
Old 12-23-2011, 12:39 PM   #7  
strated IP Sept.26 2011

S/C/G: 266/173.8/180

Height: 5'9

Woohoo! Had WI #12 this morning and lost 4.2lbs and 4" which put me at 50.4 lbs!!!! So excited! My coach and I did the happy dance in the office lol. This gives me the extra motivation that if I can lose 50lbs without cheating then I can keep giving up the holiday sweets because the end result will be so worth it. Keep strong everyone and Have a wonderful holiday season
Old 12-23-2011, 01:30 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 209/157/157

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4kiddos View Post
Good morning everyone! I have my second WI on Monday and I am not going to lie, I am still HUNGRY in the afternoon and in the evening everyday. My coach tells me that it might take me longer because if I was eating really bad then it takes longer to detox. I kind of thought more people than myself ate bad so I wonder why it takes me so long. They keep discouraging me from 4 packets a day SO I said I would wait until Monday and see how I feel. Went out of town shopping yesterday and stayed OP. Took a RTD shake and got a plate full of veggies (plain) at the chinese restaurant at the food court. It was basically a plate of cabbage but that was okay. Hope everyone is having a great week. Christmas will be here before we know it! Remember the reason for the season Talk to you all later.
Have you tried splitting your protein up? 2-3 oz at lunch then 5-6oz at dinner? I had constant hunger my first week, this helped a lot. Now, I dont need to do it so much, but if I have a hungry day, I do that and it does help. Also, have you checked to see if you're in Ketosis? Once Ketosis kicks in, the hunger is not as intense between meals, for me anyway.....

Good luck!

Pam
Old 12-23-2011, 01:42 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 184.6/169/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamelama View Post
Have you tried splitting your protein up? 2-3 oz at lunch then 5-6oz at dinner? I had constant hunger my first week, this helped a lot. Now, I dont need to do it so much, but if I have a hungry day, I do that and it does help. Also, have you checked to see if you're in Ketosis? Once Ketosis kicks in, the hunger is not as intense between meals, for me anyway.....

Good luck!

Pam
Pam ~ I haven't tried it only because I so look forward to my meat in the evenings. But, I should. I started spreading out my veggies sevearl days ago 1 cup at each meal and 1 cup in between. then I have a 1/4 of a bar at afternoon snack and the rest in the evenings. Sort of helps but still hungry. I am 11 days in I would have thought I would have been past hunger by now. My coach also said I might just have a high metabolism and be burning my calories up quickly? Either way, ready to not be hungry as much. Haven't checked to see if I am in Ketosis, I should get a tester. Thanks!
Old 12-23-2011, 03:43 PM   #10  
IP Start Date Oct. 15/11

S/C/G: 270.3 / 189.8 / 160

Had my WI this morning and lost 3.2 for a total of 45lbs and 37inches!! I am sooo happy with this "easy" diet!

Merry Christmas to ALL and your families.
Old 12-23-2011, 04:50 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 209/157/157

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Pam ~ I haven't tried it only because I so look forward to my meat in the evenings. But, I should. I started spreading out my veggies sevearl days ago 1 cup at each meal and 1 cup in between. then I have a 1/4 of a bar at afternoon snack and the rest in the evenings. Sort of helps but still hungry. I am 11 days in I would have thought I would have been past hunger by now. My coach also said I might just have a high metabolism and be burning my calories up quickly? Either way, ready to not be hungry as much. Haven't checked to see if I am in Ketosis, I should get a tester. Thanks!
I too look forward to my full 8oz of meat/protein in the evenings . Believe it or not , for me anyways, just 2oz with your veggie at lunch really takes the edge off enough so 6 oz is enough at dinner. Being hungry a lot stinks, and makes any diet incredibly challenging, so I hope you find something that works for you.

If you try it, let us know.

P
Old 12-23-2011, 04:51 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 260/245/160

Height: 5'10"

I haven't started the program yet, decided to wait until after the holidays to start. In preparation I went out and bought multipaks of fish fillets and chicken. Then weighed and measured into individual freezer bags so that I have multiple meals ready to go! I am excited and really enjoy reading everyone's post and congratulate you all and wish you continued success.
Old 12-23-2011, 04:59 PM   #13  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 260.8/144/150

Height: 5'4"

I'm so excited the little supermarket in my neighborhood just started carrying WF salad dressings. No more trips to Baton Rouge to buy it! It's been a busy time for me, but I finished all of my sewing orders yesterday. Now I'm trying to clean the house before Christmas. That's not easy since my kids (10 & 7) are now on Christmas break. Oh well, no one's coming over for the holiday, so who cares?
Old 12-23-2011, 05:21 PM   #14  
Started IP Aug 2, 2011

S/C/G: 220/147/140

Height: 5'10

So weird, the word I heard most today was 'Indulge'. I heard it numerous times on TV and the radio. I'll be 'indulging' on IP Vanilla Rice(cauliflower) pudding w cinnamon
Old 12-23-2011, 06:22 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 147/147/130

Height: 5'0

Quote:
have a couple of egg whites in the a.m. between shakes, cook them the night before or boil a dozen eggs and eat the whites only for your snack

you could also have a whole egg and just have less protein the evening, such as 5 ounces instead of 8. I have been doing this since day one and have had lots of success, I eat extra eggs if I have to because I'm not going to starve on any diet, it's not worth it to me. So far it's paying off. If you starve your body you won't lose either. Good luck and hang in there.
Closed Thread