Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 02:30 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Thursday 12/22/11

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 12-22-2011, 03:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/226/160-170

Height: 5'4"

Do we have to take the vitamins that are supplied??? I am ok with the calcium, but am having trouble with the multi vit. I would prefer to take my own multi vitamin. Also has anyone had any issues with muscle cramping??
Old 12-22-2011, 08:07 AM   #3  
Started IPD Dec 1, 2011

S/C/G: 188/182/140

Height: 5' 1 1/2"

Good morning everyone. I too really dislike that multi vit but the coach and chiropractor managing of course said it was a non negotiable. Interested to hear from others. WI 3 today for me!
Old 12-22-2011, 08:19 AM   #4  

Location: Washington DC - or wheverever American Airlines is taking me at the moment!

Height: 5'6"

My coach and the Dr. (coach's husband) were fine with me taking my regular multi as long as it met the same basic criteria.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:23 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/200.5/130

Height: 5'5"

I use alternatives only, since I can't afford a coach right now. I use the Once A Day multivitamin for women and it's been fine. I don't know what the multi vit from IP is like. All my supplements come from Walmart, and I don't have any issues with muscle cramps and the like. I take the multi, calcium, magnesium, potassium, fish oil (omega 3), and probiotic enzymes.

Sadly my WI today had a 0 loss. But that's ok! Last week I was -6 lbs, so I am NOT complaining! Plus, I fit into my size 18 jeans (well, they're probably stretched to a size 20) that I've been eyeing in the closet. I was very happy about that, since I was wearing a size 24 just 6 weeks ago! And I tried on a new XL t-shirt last night to see how snug it was and my husband nearly jumped me then and there! LOL It's a little tight for what I like to wear, but I'll certainly wear it for him on our date on Friday. I'm so close to shopping in the "regular" size clothes section... I'm chomping at the bit!

Have a great OP day everyone! I've got my wrapping to do, which will be challenging, because my 5 yo wants to tell everyone what their presents are. Not sure how to get it done with her there, and not sure I can get rid of her for a few hours. lol
Old 12-22-2011, 08:37 AM   #6  
Started IP 11/28/2011

S/C/G: 268.6/174.0/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi. I am new here. I began the Monday after Thanksgiving and I asked about the supplements right away. My coach said that they like for us to use them the first month to get started but after that we can decide on our own if we want to use them or what we used before (such as a good multi-vitamin). I haven't had a problem with these but I will most likely go back to my own vitamin when I am through with these.
PS. I love all the help everyone provides on here!
Old 12-22-2011, 09:04 AM   #7  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

This diet definitely teaches you to be a label reader. If you can find a good vitamin that meets or exceeds the values that are provided in the IP vitamins, by all means, do what is more convenient and cheaper.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:29 AM   #8  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

So, this morning is starting out pretty nasty, weather wise. One of the neighbors feed buckets just blew across my yard and hit the side of my metal shed. Scared me half to death! Sounded much more ominous than it was, lol! Today is my first day of maintenance until after the new year when I jump back on for my yearly reboot. I solved the problem with my home scale, so will be keeping track of my weight at home. I bought a new outfit the other night. The shirt is a lightweight sleeveless sweater with sorta wide horizontal stripes (gasp! never thought I would be buying that!). The colors are winter white, black, and a light pretty greenish blue. I bought some black jeans to go with it. The only black jeans I could find had some minimal sparkly stuff on the back pockets. I told my husband I would have a blingy butt for Christmas. Not sure how I feel about all the bling on the pockets of jeans these days, but I sure felt good buying them in a size 8!
Old 12-22-2011, 10:00 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 276/270/185

Height: 5'8''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
So, this morning is starting out pretty nasty, weather wise. One of the neighbors feed buckets just blew across my yard and hit the side of my metal shed. Scared me half to death! Sounded much more ominous than it was, lol! Today is my first day of maintenance until after the new year when I jump back on for my yearly reboot. I solved the problem with my home scale, so will be keeping track of my weight at home. I bought a new outfit the other night. The shirt is a lightweight sleeveless sweater with sorta wide horizontal stripes (gasp! never thought I would be buying that!). The colors are winter white, black, and a light pretty greenish blue. I bought some black jeans to go with it. The only black jeans I could find had some minimal sparkly stuff on the back pockets. I told my husband I would have a blingy butt for Christmas. Not sure how I feel about all the bling on the pockets of jeans these days, but I sure felt good buying them in a size 8!
I feel ya on the weather!! It is windy, rainy and now getting cold. Tornado watches all around us! And WTG with the size 8's!! I would go completely bedazzled if I was in a size 8!! LOL!! Have a Merry Christmas, bling and all!!

Going for my WI this afternoon. Hopefully this bad weather will be over by the time I have to leave. Then tonight the baking starts. Going to make gingerbread houses with my kids and also bake some cookies and make fudge and pralines for my grandmother. She is in an assisted living home and tomorrow is her birthday. She LOVES candy and has no medical reasons not to enjoy some so I'm going to make her a care package of goodies.

Wishing everyone a great OP day!!
Old 12-22-2011, 10:46 AM   #10  
Started IP Aug 2, 2011

S/C/G: 220/147/140

Height: 5'10

Still feeling under the weather. Just staying home resting. I miss work and walking everyday. But a break is nice. My chicken soup was awesome, I have enough for today, even my bf eats it and likes it I do my official/personal WI Friday morning. I like morning WI better. I usually weigh in Tuesdays in the evening. No treats in my house so that's easy. Saturday to the in-laws and Sunday my side of the family. Then it`s over I am hopeing to start the new year in phase 2.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:52 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 202.6/166.8/140

Height: 5'5

3rd week WI today -3.6lbs and -5.5 inches!!! 28lbs to go!!!!
Old 12-22-2011, 10:57 AM   #12  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolishHeart View Post
I use alternatives only, since I can't afford a coach right now. I use the Once A Day multivitamin for women and it's been fine. I don't know what the multi vit from IP is like. All my supplements come from Walmart, and I don't have any issues with muscle cramps and the like. I take the multi, calcium, magnesium, potassium, fish oil (omega 3), and probiotic enzymes.

Sadly my WI today had a 0 loss. But that's ok! Last week I was -6 lbs, so I am NOT complaining! Plus, I fit into my size 18 jeans (well, they're probably stretched to a size 20) that I've been eyeing in the closet. I was very happy about that, since I was wearing a size 24 just 6 weeks ago! And I tried on a new XL t-shirt last night to see how snug it was and my husband nearly jumped me then and there! LOL It's a little tight for what I like to wear, but I'll certainly wear it for him on our date on Friday. I'm so close to shopping in the "regular" size clothes section... I'm chomping at the bit!

Have a great OP day everyone! I've got my wrapping to do, which will be challenging, because my 5 yo wants to tell everyone what their presents are. Not sure how to get it done with her there, and not sure I can get rid of her for a few hours. lol

Hello there,

I see that we started at the same weight and we are almost at the same weight now and we have almost the same height . I am a little bit surprised that you are wearing a size 18 to 20 now! Because I used to wear that when I was at 250 and when I was about 210 I tried a 14 and it fitted me quite well.

The reason I am telling you this is that you might be a size or a couple of sizes smaller than what you think you are It so totally happened to me to think that I was still a bigger size when actually I was not, it is just in our head it is hard to aknowledge the physical weight loss we've gone through. I hope you'll have some time to pamper yourself during the holidays and go shop to see if you fit in a smaller size (cause I imagine that you do

Good luck and keep us posted
Old 12-22-2011, 11:01 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 222/212/171

Height: 5'10"

Hi. My name is Janelle. I've been doing IP since 12/10. At my first WI I had lost 6.75 lbs. 7.8 inches. I WI again tomorrow. I'm just learning the ropes around the forum, but I've learned a lot. What a great, welcoming community. Looking forwarding to gaining new friends and losing more pounds!
Old 12-22-2011, 11:02 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 222/212/171

Height: 5'10"

How do I put my stats in the sidebar to the left, under my name?
Old 12-22-2011, 11:16 AM   #15  
IP start date 1/3/2012

S/C/G: 232/185/160

Height: 5'9"

Good morning everyone! It is so inspiring to read all the posts. In my initial consultation with my coach, we discussed the pros and cons of waiting until after the holidays to start the program. I decided to wait. My first appointment will be on January 2nd. I am very excited! Until then, I will continue to read and be with you all. My best wishes for continued OP success and a pleasant, happy and peaceful holiday season!
Closed Thread