Old 12-19-2011, 11:25 AM   #1  

Default Frustrated

I have been doing MRC for 9 weeks and have had my ups and downs. But in my last 8 weigh ins I have had three with no loss and one with a half pound gain despite being 100% on plan. I'm at a loss and don't know what to do because I am quickly losing my motivation to stay on plan without seeing the results I want. Any tips, suggestions, or advice?
tummons5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:13 PM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tummons5 View Post
I have been doing MRC for 9 weeks and have had my ups and downs. But in my last 8 weigh ins I have had three with no loss and one with a half pound gain despite being 100% on plan. I'm at a loss and don't know what to do because I am quickly losing my motivation to stay on plan without seeing the results I want. Any tips, suggestions, or advice?
If you are on program, then you have to have the MRC Center find a solution to this. They have to work something out for you,as change plan around to start losing again.Ask them about the Meta Quick program and see what they say about that. Just watch that they do not try to sell you suppleents to get out of a stall, not necessary... Also, are you journaling every day? You should be, and take that journal in with you on next weigh in ,have them take a look at it, and find out what the stall is from.

Hope this helps.
Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/163/145

Sounds like you platued...
ghlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:56 PM   #4  

I have been journaling everything and have taken it into the center and all I have heard for the last four weeks including today in which I gained half a pound is you are doing great no need to worry but you might try this supplement or that supplement but that is it. I did metaquick for four days and hated it, I'm sensitive to artificial sweeteners and it made my stomach hurt horribly. This is where my frustration stems from is because I think the center should be recommending some kind of change other then supplement but they don't. I understand plateaus but four weeks I have only lost 4 lbs. I think I am having to few calories and my body is In starvation mode because with exercise I only net about 550 calories a day. I just thought someone here might have some ideas.
tummons5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:10 PM   #5  

Height: 5'0"

When I hit a plateau, they gave me two menus to try. One was a "Plateau Buster" and the other was the Meta Quick (I think that's what it was called). Basically, it's a shake for breakfast, bar for lunch (or vice versa) and a normal dinner--you can also add a creamy. I did both for a couple of days each and it worked for me.
PamBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 261/240/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamBlue View Post
When I hit a plateau, they gave me two menus to try. One was a "Plateau Buster" and the other was the Meta Quick (I think that's what it was called). Basically, it's a shake for breakfast, bar for lunch (or vice versa) and a normal dinner--you can also add a creamy. I did both for a couple of days each and it worked for me.
Hi PamBlue,

I've heard and have the Meta Quick but may I ask what the "Plateau Buster" is.
rn5192008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:40 PM   #7  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

If you think you're getting too few calories--which is entirely possible, especially if you are exercising a lot--then ask about the Meta-Balance menu. It has smaller portions spread throughout the day, but also includes some dairy and additional calories.
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:28 PM   #8  

Height: 5'0"

Sorry, had to wait until I got home to find the menu. Here's the strange menu for the Plateau Buster:

Breakfast (choose one of these four meals, as is--they told me no substitutions):
1. 1 HNS + 1 egg + 1 oz cheese + 1 slice 45 calorie bread
2. 1 HNS + 4 oz low fat cottage cheese + 1 slice 45 calorie bread
3. 1 MRC meal replacement bar + 1 HNS
4. 1 HNS + 2 eggs + 1 slice 45 calorie bread

Optional HNS mid morning

Lunch (choose one of the three):
1. 1 HNS + 1 cup broccoli +1/4 cup strawberries + 4 oz chicken breast
2. 1 HNS + 1/4 small cantaloupe + 1 cup cooked green beans + 4 oz broiled fish
3. 1 HNS + 4 oz tuna (white albacore) + 8 oz salad + 1/2 cup fresh pineapple

Optional mid-afternoon HNS

Dinner (choose one of three):
1. 4 oz boiled shrimp + 8 oz salad + 1 slice 45 calorie bread
2. 4 oz turkey burger + 1/2 cup cooked cauliflower + 1 slice 45 calorie bread
3. Chicken and 4 oz Veggie stir-fry or 8 oz raw veggies from MRC menu + 1 slice 45 calorie bread

Optional evening HNS

Notes: Maximum HNS = maximum results
Change protein to 6 oz if on the beige menu and max HNS to five
Salad dressings: oil and vinegar or dressing from center list.

They put me on this one for two days and the meta quick for two days. For my friend who plateaued at the same time I did, another consultant put her on Meta Quick for four days.

Hope this helps someone!
PamBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:42 PM   #9  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamBlue View Post
Sorry, had to wait until I got home to find the menu. Here's the strange menu for the Plateau Buster:

Breakfast (choose one of these four meals, as is--they told me no substitutions):
1. 1 HNS + 1 egg + 1 oz cheese + 1 slice 45 calorie bread
2. 1 HNS + 4 oz low fat cottage cheese + 1 slice 45 calorie bread
3. 1 MRC meal replacement bar + 1 HNS
4. 1 HNS + 2 eggs + 1 slice 45 calorie bread

Optional HNS mid morning

Lunch (choose one of the three):
1. 1 HNS + 1 cup broccoli +1/4 cup strawberries + 4 oz chicken breast
2. 1 HNS + 1/4 small cantaloupe + 1 cup cooked green beans + 4 oz broiled fish
3. 1 HNS + 4 oz tuna (white albacore) + 8 oz salad + 1/2 cup fresh pineapple

Optional mid-afternoon HNS

Dinner (choose one of three):
1. 4 oz boiled shrimp + 8 oz salad + 1 slice 45 calorie bread
2. 4 oz turkey burger + 1/2 cup cooked cauliflower + 1 slice 45 calorie bread
3. Chicken and 4 oz Veggie stir-fry or 8 oz raw veggies from MRC menu + 1 slice 45 calorie bread

Optional evening HNS

Notes: Maximum HNS = maximum results
Change protein to 6 oz if on the beige menu and max HNS to five
Salad dressings: oil and vinegar or dressing from center list.

They put me on this one for two days and the meta quick for two days. For my friend who plateaued at the same time I did, another consultant put her on Meta Quick for four days.

Hope this helps someone!
thanks for sharing!!! save :-)
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 03:29 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 261/240/150

Height: 5'2"

Thank you PamBlue
rn5192008 is offline   Reply With Quote